Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Anyone unlock the vsync in KotOR from 30fps?

Page: 1 of 1
 Master_OrHan
07-29-2010, 3:39 AM
I really wanted to play this game @ my monitor's native refresh rate of 60fps. The games is locked @ 30fps because it is an Xbox port. When I turn off vsync, there is a lot of screen tearing. I've gotten lots of other games to set @ my monitor's refresh rate for the vsync when they were programmed @ 30fps. I used D3DOverrider or special programs designed for that game specifically. Does anyone have a solution to get this game vsynced @ 60fps on my monitor? I searched Google but can't find anyone anywhere that has. thx all :thmbup1:
 Q
07-30-2010, 2:17 AM
I've never seen anything regarding this subject, myself. I didn't even know that v-sync was locked @30fps. What type of GPU do you have?
 Master_OrHan
07-30-2010, 3:44 AM
I've never seen anything regarding this subject, myself. I didn't even know that v-sync was locked @30fps. What type of GPU do you have?

I have a 2008 HD 48xx, but the GPU is irrelevant. People have had this problem since KotOR came out on PC and I can't find anyone in a Google search that resolved it. When I turn v-sync off, the avg fps is around 90 or so I would say. That means massive screen tearing.
 Master_OrHan
09-16-2010, 2:04 AM
I got KotOR I to run in vsync @ 60 FPS. I changed my video card from HD 4850 to GTX 470 and I am using the latest nVidia drivers. Also playing on a larger screen now. The newer nVidia card must have opened up the framerate lock. If anyone else wants this game to run in vsync @ their monitors refresh rate, try one of the newer nVidia cards and the latest drivers. The polygons and characters look so awesome with 32x AA!
Page: 1 of 1