Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Custom Armor

Page: 1 of 1
 Aiwha
07-24-2010, 5:22 PM
i am trying to create my own custom armor and made a uti file from one of the original armors in the game. This uti file does not have the Mandalorian disguise equipped in its properties. I use the N_Mandalorian01 as my base texture but i want this armor to be used by only this armor i am creating and not be put onto the other blue mandalorians throughout the game. Would i have to edit the appearance.2da or is using the mandalorian disguise the only way??
 Kainzorus Prime
07-24-2010, 5:43 PM
If I got this right, you'd have to make new appearance.2da entry, and then use that custom entry for disguise property. That'd be the only way to have custom mandalorian without overwriting three basic ones.
 Aiwha
07-24-2010, 6:28 PM
Yes. do you know how i could do this or a tutorial i could follow. the ones i've seen aren't very clear to me.

Thanks!
 Kainzorus Prime
07-25-2010, 4:42 AM
You could try tuts about custom appearances and disguise properties. I have learned this through trial and error, so I can't really point you to a specific tutorial.
 Aiwha
07-25-2010, 5:57 PM
Thanks for your help.

it turns out that i needed to add a row to the appearance.2da and have KT use that one instead of the game's original file. And then use the new disguise name for the disguise property of the armor!

Thx!!!
 reapper
07-28-2011, 1:40 PM
hey aiwha did you succeed on putting a custom armor in kotor?? cause I've been trying but failed can you show me how to?? if you succeed....
 redrob41
07-29-2011, 1:02 PM
If you want to make this into a mod for others to use as well, download the TSLPatcher; there should be instructions included (Read-me, really.pdf). It should explain how to make your custom .uti find the correct line of the appearance.2da file.
 reapper
08-01-2011, 9:04 PM
so the TSLPatcher thats the mod making for custom armor? I will download it now and check it out you say it comes with instructions thanks redrob41!!!!
 TimBob12
08-02-2011, 4:02 AM
TSL Patcher just makes it compatible with other mods as it updates the current appearance.2da with the entries you want added.
Page: 1 of 1