Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Strange Error

Page: 1 of 1
 reivzje
07-09-2010, 7:43 AM
Hello everybody :) i am new to the KOTOR Modding scene and i have a bit of a problem here. Everytime i try to compile the model i get this weird error : Failed to open file! GetLastError returned 5 any advice in this ? :confused:

EDIT: What's the biggest difference between KOTOR head models and TSL head models ? I am trying to get the PFHC01 head from KOTOR to TSL for personal use only.
 ROTNR
07-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Well, what program are you using to "compile" the model? GMAX is what comes to mind right away. Try deselecting "Sanity Checks" and when *I think you mean exporting* the file, you do not need to select the button that says "Compile Exported Model" instead, just export "GEOM Only" or "Anim + Geom" (Anim + Geom) sometimes won't work so try Export Geom By itself. And if the MaxScript dialog pops up when You export it, you need to re-load NWMAX. *MaxScript > Run Script >(navigate to your gmax Scripts/NWMAX folder) NWMAX.ms*
hope this helps
 reivzje
07-09-2010, 1:49 PM
That worked! Thanks. But now i am having also a problem with the replacer from taina Error Message : Access violation at address 00401CD5 in module "replacer.exe". Write of address 0130C018 :confused:

EDIT:Ok here is another problem

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/5314/swkotor220100709222019.jpg) what could be the problem of that ?

And is it actually possible to get Kotor heads into TSL ?
 ForeverNight
07-09-2010, 2:04 PM
uhm, best advice I can give you -I've never used Tania's Tool- is to try and get another copy and see if it works better :\ Sounds like it could be a corrupt .exe
 ROTNR
07-09-2010, 8:26 PM
That worked! Thanks. But now i am having also a problem with the replacer from taina Error Message : Access violation at address 00401CD5 in module "replacer.exe". Write of address 0130C018 :confused:

EDIT:Ok here is another problem

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/5314/swkotor220100709222019.jpg) what could be the problem of that ?

And is it actually possible to get Kotor heads into TSL ?

Are you still having troubles with the replacer? or just the box head? or is the box supposed to be your head? I remember durring my original mod, I couldn't quite figure out how to keep my character's head scaled, so it was huge. But now, I think it might have been the dummies that were set up.
 reivzje
07-10-2010, 6:27 AM
yep i still have the problem with the replacer...

EDIT: NVM about the head's will try to make one from scratch
Page: 1 of 1