Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Custom Item Perl Error

Page: 1 of 1
 13ack.Stab
07-05-2010, 1:42 AM
Hey, guys.

I've just recently started modding KotOR 2.

For my first project, I decided to create a custom (and overpowered) blaster rifle.

After doing so, I opened up KSE and attempted to give my party the aforementioned blaster. However, upon selecting the item in the master item list, I receive the following error:

Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /PerlApp/Bioware/TPC.pm line 190

I've uploaded my custom item to filebeam so that anybody interested in helping may take a look at my modifications.

The file may be found here: http://filebeam.com/411406f13cdd845b23fad5a9587d534a)

The file password is: oranges

Thanks for your time.

P.S. Another issue I've been having with this file is my apparent inability to name the blaster. In the LocalizedName node, I set the StringRef field to -1, but am able to change neither the Language field, nor the Substring Info. Any ideas?
 Seikan
07-05-2010, 6:52 AM
Well, first of all, do you have your "w_blstrrifle_031.mdl/mdx?" other thing, if you want a blaster put as base item blaster rifle and not Blaster Carbine, because it won't recognize a "blstrrifle" model, so or you change the base item, or you rename your model to "w_blstrcrbn_031.mdl/mdx".

Also there is an error with one of the properties. Try to fix all of that and tell me what happens.
 13ack.Stab
07-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Ah, I see.

Okay, I've corrected my .mdl/.mdx/.tga files, and have successfully gotten my Carbine in game. However, I am experiencing three problems.

1) I am still unable to name my weapon.
2) For whatever reason, my '+Damage vs. Droids' struct is showing up as 'bludgeoning' damage. How do I change this to unstoppable/ion?
3) My 'Cast Spell' struct isn't casting 'Force Storm,' as I intended. Any idea what's going wrong?

I've uploaded the new files to the original post, but they can also be found here:

http://filebeam.com/411406f13cdd845b23fad5a9587d534a)

Password: oranges

Thanks for your time!
 Seikan
07-05-2010, 2:25 PM
1) For what you said it seems to me that you work with GFF editor, and not Kotor tool, give it a try to KT, it should work for the name.

2)Use Kotor Tool would also help, when you open your file go to "properties", fond you "+ damage vs. race", then the subtype would be "droid", the value "2d10" and then you will have "Param 1", put "ion" or unstoppable in there ^^

3)For what I know it don't work to add force powers to a weapon.

No problem ^^
Page: 1 of 1