Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Levels and locations

Page: 2 of 2
 Alexrd
08-15-2011, 11:24 AM
If you need pictures for proof then just ask.

No. I just need to know which graphic card you're using. ;)
 Landmaster13
08-15-2011, 10:46 PM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570.

There ya go.
 Duvigneau
10-25-2011, 11:59 AM
Mos Espa Arena. I loved that level for the hidden areas, like that Sandcrawler at the start with the Jawas in it, and inside the arena, the structures covered in the shadow. There's just something about that atmosphere that I really love.

The trading in Mos Espa was another aspect I really loved, but I hated it when some of the things bugged out; like that Matt Rags guy, sometimes you couldn't even start a conversation with him, and Barbo; I hated that guy when he wouldn't let me in the back :P

It's hard to choose the worst level, all have their own charm, but if I had to pick one it has to be Coruscant, that puzzle in the suburbs drove me crazy sometimes.
 Alexrd
11-07-2011, 12:00 PM
The trading in Mos Espa was another aspect I really loved, but I hated it when some of the things bugged out; like that Matt Rags guy, sometimes you couldn't even start a conversation with him,

That's not a bug. That character is scripted that way.
 PhantomModder
05-23-2012, 8:40 AM
Favorite level is Coruscant, least favorite is.... pff love them all ;)

Coruscant mainly because of the slums and fancy lights in the market area
 Alexrd
05-24-2012, 11:36 AM
The problem I have with Coruscant is similar with Taris in Knights of the Old Republic. We spent most of the time on the ugliest parts of the level. But they both excel on the beautiful parts.
 NumberWan
12-23-2012, 5:19 AM
To tell the truth, there aren't any levels, that I don't like. But Gardens of Theed is actually the one I admire the most. I remember playing it for the first time - and it was there where I had this interesting felling, that Star Wars is not just Empire with grey-to-black walls, as well as a ruined "perfectly good city" of Barons Hed, but it is also a well-built city thriving with life, cultural marvels and jewels of art. As a kid I was amazed to see these white statues standing above trees next to brown metallic ships landing in the streets, and droids lurking from the many green labyrinths.

But I must say, that other levels were good as well. TF Ship was a good action and true to the film, the swamps were more of a philosophical journey, as you make your way through the forest. I guess everyone remembers the small "valley", when you have to move a "box" and music from Episode V can be heard then.

I really enjoyed Coruscant level, and as Alexrd mentioned - the CorusMall. It was a good thing to imagine, taking into account, that there was not so much info on what the planet actually were besides the Senate and being the Centre of the Galaxy. The Roonan traders are always good to see, but so far they made their appearance in no other game.
 Alexrd
12-23-2012, 5:40 AM
To tell the truth, there aren't any levels, that I don't like. But Gardens of Theed is actually the one I admire the most. I remember playing it for the first time - and it was there where I had this interesting felling, that Star Wars is not just Empire with grey-to-black walls, as well as a ruined "perfectly good city" of Barons Hed, but it is also a well-built city thriving with life, cultural marvels and jewels of art. As a kid I was amazed to see these white statues standing above trees next to brown metallic ships landing in the streets, and droids lurking from the many green labyrinths.

But I must say, that other levels were good as well. TF Ship was a good action and true to the film, the swamps were more of a philosophical journey, as you make your way through the forest. I guess everyone remembers the small "valley", when you have to move a "box" and music from Episode V can be heard then.

Well said.

I really enjoyed Coruscant level, and as Alexrd mentioned - the CorusMall. It was a good thing to imagine, taking into account, that there was not so much info on what the planet actually were besides the Senate and being the Centre of the Galaxy.

It's not like it was anything useful, but it was nice to see how a small in-universe mall looks like.

The Roonan traders are always good to see, but so far they made their appearance in no other game.

True, although the Roonan species did appear in The Phantom Menace and in a couple of episodes of The Clone Wars animated series:

http://s4.postimg.org/4d4yl2ozx/roonan_tcw.png)
 NumberWan
12-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Alexrd
True, Roonans did appear in the Clone Wars project, however it's not a game. =) There was a senator too, the one who liked that pie with an unusual fruit. However he was not voiced as interestingly as those traders in Corusmall. Their lines, which are a few, had charisma, character and perhaps more.

Before the game I never actually noticed them, though by that time I had seen Episode I. The voicing was so good, that I had no doubt - these humanoids did exist in Star Wars universe.
 florida
04-04-2014, 5:04 PM
Coruscant is a level I really enjoy. I remember when I first played it thinking how big and long it was. It was also a nice change after three levels in the desert to be back in civilization!

I generally cheat and play as one of the jedi, though. I just don't find the game as fun as Panaka or Amidala.
 florida
04-08-2014, 1:04 PM
15 years after first getting the game - still able to discover new things!

Never realised until today that you can deflect gungan energy balls using your lightsaber, just like blaster shots!
 florida
01-21-2015, 4:05 PM
Just thought I'd post my feelings about all the levels :)

1 Trade Federation ship

Had the demo before the game so have played it literally hundreds of times. I still enjoy it, though. Lots of action which gets you right into the game. Fighting alonside Qui Gon is cool, sad it doesn't happen more. The secret areas with the hidden items are cool. I really like the look of the level on the whole and a good contrast between the bright corridors and dark tunnels. Is there anyone who hasn't died at least once in the fan in the tunnels?

2 Swamps

Ugh, my least favourite level it must be said. Seemed to take forever to complete. It's a dark level, especially compared to the Federation Ship, so it was harder to see where you're going and where enemies are. I just never really felt it was a fun level, personally. Too many tricky jumping puzzles, annoying falling trees and random animals to hurt you.

3 Otoh Gunga

A bit of an odd level, in that you can go the whole way through killing nobody or you can go on a rampage killing adult and child gunguns with no consequence (we all know which of those two we always chose!). A few tricky jumping puzzles though I never found them as difficult as some people make them out to be, not sure why. Not one of my all time favourites but I quite enjoy it simply for being so different to all the others.

4 Gardens of Theed

I always wonder how Qui Gon and Jar Jar survive at the start. One of the best levels, I think. A large level with some good challenges, lots of action and secret areas. I always spend a lot of time loading and reloading save games so that I can save all the Naboo soldiers. The two soldiers by the crashed fighter (which explodes) live or die depending on whether I need health! If I do need health, I tell myself that the fighter would probably explode at some point anyway so my conscience is clear!

5 Escape from Theed

Again, a great level. Yes, the Queen does get a little annoying and hinders your exploration whereas all the levels before could be done at your own pace. I liked being able to interact with citizens of Theed (who you could randomly murder). I only recently found out that if you let the guy out of the prison and spare his life he'll give you weapons when you return later in the game. I normally killed him because A) he's supposed to be in prison and B) he sounded very suspicious when claiming he was going to fight the droids. Would have been better if you rendenvoed with Qui Gon before the hanger so you could have a bigger battle like in the film.

6 Mos Espa

What hasn't been said about this level? The best in the game. The feeling of freedom and lack of a linear path was a revelation to me when the game first came out. The fact that there were so many things to do and you could pick and choose how to complete the level are what makes it so awesome. The large variety of people, tons of places to explore and the ability to go on a rampage are awesome. Someone needs to make a mod to turn off the annoying 'Padme has been killed' game over screen. The only thing I don't like are the Tuskens at the start. They take ages to get past if you don't want to use up loads of ammo or lose health.

7 Mos Espa Arena

Nowadays, I really enjoy this level. The secret area at the start and the traders to talk to are cool. I used to hate boss battles when I was young and I really struggled to get past this level because of Jabba's Pet. The number of times it would kill be just before a health pack was chucked down! Again, it felt like there were lots of characters you could get to know and different storylines to follow. Oh, and you can go on a rampage.

8 Encounter in the desert

Just a boss level, basically. The shortest in the game by far. Perhaps it could have been lengthened - maybe you start of back in Mos Espa but have to deal with Sebulba and some of his thugs? Anyway, the fight against Maul can be tricky, especially the second half protecting the hyperdrive. Is it possible to go over and kill the Tuskens in the corner (that you can see when the ship takes off) whilst still winning the level?

9 Coruscant

I have mixed feelings about it. I remember the very first time I got to it and I felt a great sense of achievement after completing the Tatooine levels. I love the first part of the level in the upper areas of Coruscant. However, I don't really like playing as Panaka. I now normally play as Qui Gon. The underground section seems to take a long time and is a bit repetitive but overall I enjoy the level as a jedi - certainly makes the boss easier. One thing that always always bugs me - the lift at the end. It takes so long!

10 Assault on Theed

I personally enjoy it when you return to an area that you visited earlier in the game which it now somewhat different. I love spotting all the differences - seeing whether you can access the same areas as before and which things are different. It always made me a bit sad that the guy in the boat with the blue shirt didn't escape :( Lots of action - fun to fight with Panaka and the sections as Obi Wan are also pretty cool. Oh, the guy hiding in the cupboard near the hanger with the equipment is still there, which is nice.

On the other hand - Amidala! Why the hell is her main weapon a cattle prod? I must admit, however, that it can be pretty funny to see the effects on the droids. It's always slightly confused me - sometimes you can kill them by zapping them lots and lots of times. Other times it seems like if you zap them a few times and leave them, they die when the electricity on them disappears. Again, it can be quite fun to play as a Jedi and be less defensive in the level than if you were Amidala.

11 The Final Battle

Tough as Amidala, easy as a Jedi - your pick. It's cool being able to explore the Palace a bit, though the block pushing puzzles get tedious quite quickly. A level where the light repeating blaster and the 'happy' cheat come in very useful with all those destroyer droids :cool:

The jumping parts and other puzzles as Obi Wan are not that fun. I would have preferred much more action. The number of times I have to reload a save because I missed a jump on those rings :mad:

Overall, a game with its flaws but means a lot to me. Was one of the very first PC games I ever had when I was ten years old and I have adored it ever since. What are everyone else's thoughts on the levels?
Page: 2 of 2