Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Host Connection Lost (Multiplayer - Urgent!)

Page: 1 of 1
 TravisSivart
06-22-2010, 7:50 PM
Hey,
I purchased Battlefront 2 from Steam just earlier today. Since then, I have been constantly trying to play multiplayer, but it doesn't let me.
I've disabled fire wall, disabled antivirus, ended background processes, and everything.
I can't find the problem.

Here's what happens.
I start BF2 - Takes about a minute to load into the main screen.
I then click multiplayer, sign in to gamespy, and now I click and join a server.
Now, it takes yet another minute to load, then it gets to the loading page which only takes like 10 seconds. Now it shows the map and a popup saying something like, "Host Connection Lost" or very similar. I can't find any answers from the internet to this or anything, which is why I came here.

Please help as I am so busy with a few things and need to get this over with.
Thanks a lot,
Travis

EDIT: Also, my PC is a Dell E310. I have not upgraded or changed one thing since I bought it. http://compreviews.about.com/od/budgetdesk/gr/DimensionE310.htm)
Also I am running Windows XP S3.
Page: 1 of 1