Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Pirates

Page: 1 of 2
 Ping
06-20-2010, 1:23 PM
((Alrighty, can finally get this thread up. If you've posted in the Casting Call, then post here.))

Port Royal, Jamaica

Captain Alvaro Dias walked through the streets of Port Royal at night. Lights from houses shown down onto the street, providing some light, but it was still almost pitch-black. Even at night, the port was rather unruly, with cutthroats and thugs mugging various denizens, among other things.

I suppose that's what happens when you make a city a haven for pirates, Dias thought, walking towards a brightly lit tavern. He had asked various pirates of different nationalities to meet him at this particular tavern - The Black Anchor - partly because he needed a crew, and partly because, while he didn't like to admit it, find a very valuble piece of treasure. Alvaro took a seat at a table, all the while trying to avoid some of the few patrons and drunkards that remained, for fear of causing trouble. Nevertheless, he still loaded his pistol, just in case.

The letters I sent mentioned they should meet me here, Alvaro thought. And I did praise their abilities, so hopefully they should come in soon.
 Holty1-5
06-20-2010, 1:51 PM
John Clarke Entered The Tavern.
"This Letter I Stole of that Drunk Pirate says to come here, I Guess it couldnt hurt to See what Happens here"
John Began to Observe the Area seeing all the Drunken People and Trying to spot the One who sent out the Letter.

John sat on a Empty Tabe in the Corner where he was Hidden in shadows and Decided to wait and see what events would Transpire here.
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
06-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Darasuum's storyline

Chapter 1: Blaze

37 year old Edward "Blaze" Sharpe strolled through the streets of Isla Mona by himself. Blaze was not only one of the the most feared pirates on the Spanish Main, but also the head of a large pirate "Empire", the Libertine (pronounced lie-bart-eene) Republic. Just eighteen years ago, he had restored his father Nicolas' life's work by reforming the republic. He had quite a few towns under his control such as Isla Mona, La Vega, El Buccaneero, Nassau, Rat's Nest, and was working on trying to get the English town of Port Royale, Jamaica under his control as well. Mona had the worst reputation in the archipelago as two thirds of it's buildings were either taverns or houses of sin. Blaze was returning from Pirate Congress and almost collided with his half-brother Jack. "Hey, watch where your go....oh, hey Jack, didn't see ya there."

"It's all right, how was the meeting? The captains gettin' along these days?"

"Not as good as they used too I'm afraid. I remember that sixteen years ago they were all filled with ambition and courage to take on the nations, but now I think that they are tired of their responsibility."

"What of you? Are you tired of this, it's been going on for a long time!"

"I am, I feel that this life may have been going on far too long already. A wise man once said 'A short life but a merry one' and my days as a pirate may be coming to a close."

"Blaze, what do you mean tired of your current life? You are the most infamous man in he Caribbean, have mountains of gold, men willing to die for you, a beautiful woman who loves you, others who wish to be her, and two wonderful children! What more would one want?"

"Jack, I'm retiring, I will be leaving this very night, I made my decision. After having the governor of Jamaica sign Port Royale over to us, I'm taking the Quicksilver and making for the east with only the essentials."

Jack was speechless, his brother was leaving, after all these years! He opened his mouth to speak, then he caught himself and closed it. With a sneer on his face he turned and left in the direction of his apartment. Once Edward returned to his house, a huge converted Church in the center of town, he was stopped by his wife, Anna.

"Ah, darling, where have you been?"

"Pirate Congress, you know that."

"You said you would be back by ten on the clock. It is quarter to two. Where have you been?"

"They were arguing again, it took six hours just to answer one simple question, under which captain should the jurisdiction of Port Royale be extended."

"I see, now I'm exhausted, i've been up all this time waiting for you, should we not go to sleep now?"

"I'm afraid I won't be getting any sleep tonight my love, something has been troubling me."

"What is it?"

"When I am through, who shall take my place?"

"Why, one of your children of course!"

"I don't know about that, Nick is not leader material. He has the potential to be a great fighter or captain but not a leader. And Jane, she is not very bright. She is a beautiful child, don't get me wrong, but she is much too sensitive and not very smart."

"What of one of your siblings?"

"I don't know, I still have some work to do, go upstairs and I'll follow later. I don't want to keep you from much needed rest." With that, Anna smiled and yawned just before she trudged upstairs into the master bedroom. After Edward finished signing some document and decrees, he practiced some of his fencing and read a book. He tried to get some sleep, but his mind was full, he was leaving for Port Royale this very night. He walked along the road in the direction of his sister Beatrice's house. When he opened the door, she wasn't there. He sighed to himself and decided to see his other sister Bonnie when he heard the door open next door, it was beatrice coming out of the door. Beatrice was an extremely beautiful woman, even at 32, she had skin the colour of sand and a very warm smile. She was the only family Blaze had aside from his brother Jack and twin named Bonnie. She had fiery red hair tied into two ponytails and wore trousers like a man and a large shall to cover her chest because of the hot weather. She was an honest woman who always told the truth, and a better leader than
Blaze himself. She had grey eyes and seemed to be wooed by every unmarried man in town. He could only guess why she was coming out of that man's house this late at night.

"Blaze, what are you doing here?"

"I can't sleep and I have something to tell you. Can you go and tell Jack to meet me at Bonnie's house?"

"Sure, I'll see ya in a bit." With that, Beatrice jogged down the road toward their brother's house. Bonnie was the closest sibling to Blaze, not only because they were twins, but also because they had the most in common. She was about two hours younger than Blaze. After he was born their mother died and they were separated. He went to live with his father who died six years later. Bonnie went to live with his brother, Emanuel. Beatrice was born while Nicolas was having an affair with the governor of La Florida's wife. And Jack, no one really knows how he came about. The most probable is that he and Beatrice had the same mother. There is room for a lot of speculation on this subject though. Bonnie's husband was recently killed on a raid and she was forced to raise her daughter, Elizabeth, by herself. She had a lot of suiters wishing to marry into Blaze's family, but she was still loyal to her dead husband and turned them all down. She was a very moral woman and had red hair similar to that of Beatrice, only darker. Just then, Beatrice and Jack walked in. They talked for only an hour until it was decided.

"Bonnie, I have decided to put you in charge of Isla Mona until I return and can pick a suitable heir for myself."

"Wait, can't you pick someone else like Beatrice? She can do a much better job than I can!"

"Yeah, why don't you pick me?" Beatrice asked.

"Because I trust you the most! I will also need you to tell my family that I will be gone for a while, but I will return to say goodbye. Well....maybe you can leave out that last part."

"Ok, I'll try to do my best."

"My flagship, Kraken, is waiting at the docks, I have some business to take care of. I'll see you in a few days." And with that, he was off.

To be Continued.................

(PS, this chapter I just wrote takes place ten days before your posts, when I go to Port Royale, I will meet you in the tavern)
 SkywalkerRules
06-22-2010, 12:58 PM
((Still trying to create a good character sheet. Sorry for the wait.))
 Ping
06-25-2010, 1:59 PM
@SkywalkerRules: ((Take your time. I can wait))

@Te Darasuum: ((I'm going to ask that you remove the date from your post. I purposefully wanted the year to be ambiguous)).
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
06-26-2010, 2:44 PM
Darasuum's storyline

chapter 2: Port Royale

Blaze's ship had just moored on the jetty at Port Royale one evening as it darkened. As he walked toward the gentleman's tavern he passed some mysterious looking men and boys whom were heading in the direction of a more common establishment. Edward followed them into a tavern where he found the most peculiar of people, all gathered together for a strange purpose.
 Ping
06-26-2010, 6:00 PM
((Te Darasuum, I'm going to ask you again, please remove the year from your post. Also, I would also ask that you remove the fact that your character is the leader of some empire and the most feared pirate. He can have a reputation, and can be well-known, but you're taking things to a rather ridiculous extent. I also don't remember allowing you to make that many side characters.))

Dias looked across the tavern to the entrance as he saw one of the pirates he sent a letter to walk in. He walked over to the man, trying not to bump into any drunkards.

"I suppose you got my letter," Alvaro said in accented English, hoping that this particular pirate - the name of this man had escaped him - was more civil. "First off, I need to make sure you're ready to join my crew before I tell you why you were recruited. I just need to wait for one or two more people. While we're waiting, let's introduce ourselves - I am Alvaro Dias, a Portugese pirate. And you are?"
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
06-27-2010, 9:31 AM
You never said anything about not being able to have side characters! They are only in that part of the RP. And my pirate isn't the leader of some Empire. Maybe you can remember the infamous pirate Edward Teach? He and so many others had some pirate havens scattered throughout the caribbean. I didn't mean my post to sound grander than it actually is. I will also be more than happy to get rid of the year.
 Holty1-5
06-27-2010, 12:13 PM
(Pssst Te Darasuum Mandalor, I Think Ping is saying you claimed Empirehood as you said my Flagship the____ Flagship generally means you have many ships under your Banner)

John Clarke Overheard the Man greeting the Other man and decided it was time to strike. As he walked up to Alvaro he bumped into him, Quickly followed by "Sorry Sir." He Turns away and Looks at his prize. "I'll be eating tonight" he said clutching a few Gold Coins
 Ping
06-27-2010, 12:37 PM
You never said anything about not being able to have side characters!

((Yes, I did. I said you could only have one character. While I did allow you to make a sister for your character, that did not mean you could make as many characters as you wanted. Do not twist my words. One character means one character))

They are only in that part of the RP.

((I'm willing to let you slide, but if you do it again, I won't hesitate to report you.))

And my pirate isn't the leader of some Empire.

??? You just said, in your last post:
but also the head of a large pirate "Empire",

((You even address it by name))

Maybe you can remember the infamous pirate Edward Teach? He and so many others had some pirate havens scattered throughout the caribbean.

((Irrelevant. And he wasn't exactly a ruler of anything. Just very, very, notorious. Having a haven is different from an Empire.))

I didn't mean my post to sound grander than it actually is. I will also be more than happy to get rid of the year.

((Ah, good. I will allow the ship, and maybe a haven or two, if I'm feeling nice, but please tone down some of the traits. I won't have any character in this RP - including my own characters - be known as "the most feared pirate." However, he can be well-known.))

"I'll be eating tonight"

Dias wondered why the man bumped into him. He quickly ran through his head different possibilities, and then realized he was pickpocketed. Alvaro walked up to the man and pressed his pistol against the man's back. Alvaro then noticed that he could turn the situation into an oppurtunity.

"Give back my money. If you do, I'll allow you to join my crew. If you dont, I'll shoot you here on the spot."
 Holty1-5
06-27-2010, 12:54 PM
"How About i Join your Crew and Keep the Money" Replied John. "But ill Play a Game with you, If you Know what i look like I'll Give you back your Money and Let you shoot me" After That Line John Turned Around and Removed his Hood Reviling he was Wearing a Mask Coving his Whole Face Except Mouth and Eyes (Im Updating the Casting Call with a Pic). But then Again i Suggest you Look Down.

John was Pressing two Daggers Against His Chest Lightly with a Grin on this Face. "Now How can this End well?" He Asked
 Ping
06-27-2010, 12:59 PM
"How About i Join your Crew and Keep the Money, But ill Play a Game with you, If you Know what i look like I'll Give you back your Money and Let you shoot me"

"I will let you keep the money then," Alvaro said, suppressing a smirk. He was actually impressed by the man's personality. "Therefore, you will join my crew. You're just the type I need. Welcome to the crew." Alvaro then walked over to the other man who walked in previously. "Now, where were we?"
 Holty1-5
06-27-2010, 1:01 PM
A Man walked into the Bar,John seemed to Regonise the Man.
"Er.... I Have to go, I'll meet you at your Ship" John Said with a Scared Tone
He Quickly Darted out the Tarvern Through the Smashed Window. The Man Noticed and Left the Building.
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
06-27-2010, 2:27 PM
(Don't worry, when my guy returns to Mona, there won't be any more characters that will talk, maybe a cameo, but he is just going to abandon all of his past life and leave a note for his next "heir". And When I said "Empire" I was being sarcastic, because remember that pirates always made their reputation more glorious than they actually were)

Darasuum's storyline

Chapter 3: Alvaro Dias

As Blaze entered the tavern, he noticed a very peculiar little man run straight by him, he looked familiar in a way, almost as if he knew him, but then something else caught his eye, Capitan Dias, a mysterious man luring in the shadows of the dreary establishment. Blaze put on his hood and started toward the man.......
 Ping
06-27-2010, 7:57 PM
((Who ya calling peculiar? :xp: And it's Dias, just FYI. He's not Spanish ;)))

Dias noticed a man with a hood coming towards him. Not again, he thought. Having already dealt with another pirate, he wasn't prepared to deal with another one so quickly. However, his pistol was still out. Dias walked up to the hooded man, and clapped the pistol to the man's forehead. He immediately removed the hood, and almost didn't recognize the person under the mask.

"Are you not Blaze, the man I sent the letter to?" Dias asked, still having an accent to his English. "If you are, then I want you to join my crew. I have already acquired one member. However, you're going to have to prove yourself first."
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
06-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Darasuum's Storyline

Chapter 4: Lies

"What? Yes, I believe you did send a letter to me, but I thought you were to sign over Port Royale to me! You don't look like the governor, Mister Dias, you look more like a captain. Did you say what you said in the note just because you needed my services?" Blaze pulled out the letter he had received a month earlier and read it.

Dear Mister Sharpe,

My name is Captain Alvaro Dias, representative of his highness Sir Governor William Brayne of Jamaica. I have been entrusted to hand over the city of Port Royale in exchange for 80,000 pieces of silver to join your so called republic. Please meet me at the Black Anchor at 11 PM sharp in Port Royale Jamaica precisely one month after receiving this letter.

Yours Truly, Captain Alvaro Dias of England's Lord Protector

Something occured to Blaze, what if there was a message encoded on the back of the parchment? He was astounded as he saw a message, six words on the back of the parchment.

Amulet meet at Port Royal expedition

"You sly Dog! And what do you mean prove myself, I've captured more ships in one week than you have your entire life! What do you propose?"
 Ping
06-27-2010, 10:20 PM
"You sly Dog! And what do you mean prove myself, I've captured more ships in one week than you have your entire life! What do you propose?"

Dias couldn't help but grin.

"I propose you prove yourself through fighting. How, you ask? Like this!" Alvaro hid his pistol in his sleeve, pointed it in no obvious direction, and shot his weapon.

"Oh my God! This man is trying to kill everyone!" he said, pointing to Blaze. "Somebody stop him!"

Alvaro then smirked and whispered to Blaze. "Get out of here alive, and you are in. Good luck, my friend." With that, Dias quickly left the tavern and waited for all hell to break loose inside as he watched from the street.
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
06-28-2010, 8:16 AM
Darasuum's storyline

chapter 5: The Test

Blaze knew that Alvaro had left, but he made sure he yelled as loud as he could, "WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU THINK I WOULD NEED TO ESCAPE WHEN I CAN JUST KILL EVERYBODY HERE?" At that moment, three men daggers and one with a sword charged at Blaze who unsheathed his weapon and killed them. He had a pouch full of grenades in his sack which he pulled out and through all over the cantina killing more men. "Now to find that bastard who set me up!" Blaze thought as he slipped out in to the dark and calm night.
 Ping
06-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Alvaro heard Blaze scream at him from the street. The point, however, wasn't to escape, but to simply survive through any means neccessary. Alvaro then noticed Blaze run out of the tavern, who he could tell was fuming. Alvaro then ran to catch up with him, but some angry bar patrons attacked him. Alvaro simply unsheathed his sword, and stabbed and slashed his assailants, killing them, but spilling blood in the street at the same time. He then ran to ctach up with Blaze, and levelled his blood-stained sword to Blaze's throat from behind.

"You are now part of my crew. Go to my ship. I will tell you the purpose of you joining once we are there." Alvaro kept a threatening undertone to his voice.
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
06-28-2010, 10:58 AM
Darasuum's storyline

chaoter 6: Tying up Loose Ends

"You are now part of my crew. Go to my ship. I will tell you the purpose of you joining once we are there." Alvaro kept a threatening undertone to his voice.

"You don't scare me! And, yes I will meet you on your ship. I just have some business to take care of first." At that moment, he noticed two familiar faces on the streets, his sister Bonnie and his son coming who stowed away aboard his ship. After holding a brief conversation with them he told them that he was going to be away for a while and probably never come back. He told them that Bonnie will rule Libertine until his son came of age which they understood. With one last hug goodbye, Blaze walked in direction of the port shaking his head just as he bumped into someone who he hadn't seen in years.....

(Note: This is where my second character comes in. He will not be major, just supporting, I will put his profile in your casting call. If you don't like him, I will get rid of him.)
 Holty1-5
06-29-2010, 5:03 PM
John Slips out of the Shadows of the Roof top of the Building near where Alvaro and Blaze had there Confrentation, He asked Himself why Alvaro was Building a Crew and for what Purpose. John Removed his Mask and Ran his Fingers down one of his Many Scars, He see's a Wagon Approuching his Direction and Quickly Puts his mask back on. John Lept from the Roof Landing on The Wagon Heading in the Direction of the Port.
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
06-29-2010, 6:21 PM
Darasuum's storyline

chapter 7: An Old Friend

Blaze stared in amazement as his former mentor, Nathaniel Hawk, in disbelief. "Nathaniel, what the hell are you doing in Port Royal? I thought you, Danielle, and your children lived over in Charlestown, Nevis."

"Eye, we do, but I came here to join a crew a man by the name of Alvaro Dias sent. He told me of a wondrous treasure that we were to look for!"

"He's probably just lying, as he did to me. He said that he was turning Port ROyal over to me. It was only because he needed my skills in this endeavor."

"I still believe he was telling the truth Blaze. Let us go ask him. Say, do you know where I can find Mister Dias?"

"Yes, he said to meet me on his ship, I don't know what class it is, but I'm guessing it's that small frigate moored in the shadows. Let's go." The two of them jogged through the streets along with many brothels, gambling dens, and taverns until they came to the port gate. Nathaniel stepped inside the port and walked in direction of a rowboat where he saw Alvaro Dias, just as Blaze saw a mysterious shadow on the back of a manure cart. As the shadow noticed Blaze, he climbed up a ladder back to the rooftops.

"You go on Nathaniel, there is a man who's been stalking us for quite some time, I'll take care of him, you go on." Blaze walked back to the street and climbed up some ladders to the top of a rather suspicious establishment to draw attention away from himself from the prostitutes and drunks bellow. He saw a cloaked man with a brace of daggers in front of him "an assassin," he thought and unsheathed his sword.......
 Cyborg Ninja
06-30-2010, 2:04 AM
Port Royal, Jamaica is said to be home to the deadliest criminals out there. Its a safe haven to thieves, con-artists, muggers, murders, and even pirates. If this place was so accepting of criminals, then why was one man watching for danger on the rooftops above? This was because this man was none other than the Red Death; a notorious thief whose bounty was so high it was starting to get impossible to count how much his head was worth. He started out as a mere myth but as he traveled from town to town his appearance as well as his infamy began to rise. No one knew the Red Death used to be a peasant named Hector Santigo. That name was lost a long time ago ever since that unfortunate night in Madrid.

This mysterious cloaked thief watched as he saw a man walking towards a local tavern. A warm night wind blew past the thief's face as if telling him to follow. Had it not been for the pirate hat he probably wouldn't have done so. Still he had been in Jamaica for a few days and he needed leave. The only way he could do that is if he could get a ride on a ship and unfortunately he would have to rely on a pirate for that. However he would also have to hope the pirate wouldn't turn him in. He waited until the pirate turned a corner before moving from his spot. He leaped from roof to roof until he landed on the roof of the tavern. He waited perched over the roof to see where the pirate would go once he left.

He suddenly heard a window shatter and saw a man get up and head for the shadows. The cloaked thief shook his head at the man and made his way over to the ledge of the roof. The next thing he heard was fighting and then saw the pirate from before waiting in the street. He witnessed the pirate draw his blade and kill just as their kind did. He was disgusted by their behavior but sometimes killing was a necessity . He waited until the pirate was a few houses ahead before perusing him once more. Once his target stopped moving he did the same on the roof above.

The pirate pointed his sword at another and told him he was part of his crew. The man formally known as Hector was confused by this. This pirate was actually looking for people to join? Perhaps this pirate could be reasoned with even though he was quick to draw that blade of his. It looked like he would have to make the first move. Once the other was out of sight he pulled out one of his throwing knives. He twirled it before taking aim at the pirate's head. With just two fingers he let the knife sail across the night sky. The knife whizzed right by the pirate's face and landed on the ground with the blade sticking up.

"The next one will be in your skull," he said from above. "I have you trapped pirate and now you will listen to me. You are seeking crew members and I require a ride out of here, perhaps we can help one another."
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
06-30-2010, 7:13 AM
Darasuum's storyline

chapter 8: Nathaniel Hawk

Nathaniel walked along the port as he watched as Blaze slipped back into town to pursue John Clarke. He stepped onto the jetty where Dias' rowboat was tied up. He figured that the man standing on the dock talking to the harbormaster was Captain Alvaro, so he pulled out a loaded pistol, just in case. "Are you Captain Alvaro Dias?" He asked carefully as his pistol was pointed at the man, "If so, I would like to join up!"
 Ping
06-30-2010, 11:34 AM
"The next one will be in your skull," he said from above. "I have you trapped pirate and now you will listen to me. You are seeking crew members and I require a ride out of here, perhaps we can help one another."

Alvaro looked up in the direction of the voice, surprised. He had not expected someone to be stalking him from the rooftops.

"Perhaps we can help one another," Alvaro said, keeping his hand on his pistol, just in case. "I'm seeking crew members for a powerful treasure, and since you need a ride, I'm willing to take you along, under one condition. You must see it through to the end with me. Once I find the treasure, or I die, then you are free to do as you please." Alvaro was about to tell the man to come closer, until another dark-haired man came up and pulled a pistol out.

"Are you Captain Alvaro Dias?" He asked carefully as his pistol was pointed at the man, "If so, I would like to join up!"

"Yes, I am Captain Dias. Please feel free to join. Also, you wouldn't have happened to see Blaze, would you? I hope for his sake he's not in any trouble."

Alvaro then turned back to the man on the roof.

"Please, get down here and introduce yourself. You seem like a capable pirate to me."
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
06-30-2010, 3:51 PM
Darasuum's storyline

chapter 9: Confrontation

Blaze starred at a masked John Clarke as he pulled out his weapon. "Why have you been following me? It seems like wherever I go, you're there. Tell me your name and I won't shoot!"

(note for Holty, I have confronted your character and I was thinking we could have a small duel)
 Holty1-5
07-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Blaze starred at a masked John Clarke as he pulled out his weapon. "Why have you been following me? It seems like wherever I go, you're there. Tell me your name and I won't shoot!

"First off, My Friend i have never seen you before in my Life" Said John, "My Name now thats a Different Matter" John Turned around and threw One of His Daggers at The Mans Pistol knocking it out of his Hand.
"Lets do this again" John said as he falls off the Roof and escaped into the shadows Below.

(P.S you said starred at the masked John clarke then asked his Name. In Future if you havnt yet been told his name just say Masked Man :p )
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
07-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Darasuum's storyline

chapter 10: The Duel

"Let me teach you some manners knave!" Blaze pulled out his sword and started dueling with the masked man. The duel took at least ten minutes with no clear winner, both men were bleeding hard. Blaze stood up after being knocked down and reached out a hand for the man in the mask. "Say, you fight well friend, you'd make a fine Pirate. I'm Edward Sharpe, but you can just call me Blaze. Now tell me, what is your name? Also, Were you the same lad I saw back at the inn a while ago? If so, then you know Alvaro Dias."
 Holty1-5
07-01-2010, 1:45 PM
(Psst I Didnt want a Duel thats why i Posted and Escaped into the shadows Below. This shows he escaped. I Prefer my Guy to use Speed and Skill to Avoid Hand to Hand Combat)
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
07-01-2010, 2:50 PM
Can we just keep the duel though? That was what I was originally leaning toward.
 Holty1-5
07-01-2010, 3:23 PM
(Fine, But in Future Before you start something like that PM me First with what your going to write k? )

2Maybe, I am Maybe im Not." Said John Clarke Putting his Two Daggers Away. "That My Friend is a Question for Another Time" He said Jumping off the Edge into a Moving Carrige. The Carrige Went off into the Distance on the Floor John Left a Scroll. On this Scroll the word Yes was Etched out.
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
07-01-2010, 4:16 PM
Darasuum's storyline

chapter 11: Recruitment

"Oh boy," Blaze said to himself, "Another mystery man! I think I need a good meal inside of me before I begin this expedition." And with that, Blaze walked towards the Queen's Inn. The Queen's Inn wasn't an ale house like most of the taverns on Port Royale, it was a gentleman's tavern, fine dining. Blaze walked in, found a seat next to the fireplace, and ordered a meal of Turkey, pork, red wine, corn, grapes, and spoon bread. When he finished his meal, he noticed four honest looking merchants enjoying a meal together.

He overheard them talking of no ventures and rarely any business opportunities. Then an idea came over Blaze, what if they could join the crew of Dias! "Hello, would any of you gentlemen want to be rich beyond your wildest dreams?"

"Doesn't every man?" One of the men asked, "In other words, yes."

"How would you fine gentleman like to assist my colleague and I on a little business venture?"

"Of coarse we would!"

"Well then, follow me, There is a covered wagon round back we can "borrow" I have a tiny bit of business I must take care of first.
 Ping
07-01-2010, 4:22 PM
((Te Darasuum, I'm going to have to say no to adding two more people. Please PM me or anyone else for approval if you plan to do something similar in the future. Thanks.))
 Cyborg Ninja
07-01-2010, 4:43 PM
"Please, get down here and introduce yourself. You seem like a capable pirate to me."

"I am no pirate. I don't kill for pleasure, only when I must. However I will reveal myself only if you promise not to turn me in." he replied form the roof.

He took a deep breath before leaping off of the roof down to the floor below. He opened his arms up allowing the red cloak to cover the moon if you were directly under him which in this case the pirate was. He quickly rolled as soon as he was near the ground. He stood up slowly and faced the pirate he was trying to get a ride with. The white eyes of his mask looked soullessly at the pirate.

"I have no real name, only what the people call me if they see me. They call me the Red Death, El Rojo Muerto, Rojo, El Muerto, Death...I suppose if you wish to call me something you can call me Red," he replied.
 Ping
07-01-2010, 7:27 PM
"I have no real name, only what the people call me if they see me. They call me the Red Death, El Rojo Muerto, Rojo, El Muerto, Death...I suppose if you wish to call me something you can call me Red,"

"I welcome you, then, El Muerto," Alvaro said. While Spanish was not his native tongue, it was similar enough to Portugese that he had an easier time saying El Muerto's name in Spanish. "I think I should tell you that I'm searching for a certain treasure. Your services and abilities seem useful to me. Now, I have three or four more crew members that ought to be back here soon, and then I believe we can disembark."
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
07-01-2010, 9:08 PM
I'm not adding two more people, the three men in the tavern are just crewmemhers and won't have any speaking lines
 Ping
07-02-2010, 8:49 AM
I'm not adding two more people, the three men in the tavern are just crewmemhers and won't have any speaking lines

((May as well go ahead with them, then. For future reference, please PM me.))
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
07-02-2010, 9:26 AM
Ok, I was also thinking of pressing 3 or so drunks from the tavern I blew up earlier, but if u don't like that idea, I will respect that
 Holty1-5
07-02-2010, 3:55 PM
John Clarke sits on the edge of the peer. He is waiting for the other crew men to finish there Business and meet him there
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
07-02-2010, 4:10 PM
Darasuum's storyline

chapter 12: Seeds of a Crew

There were currently only four men on the jetty next to Dias' dingy, Nathaniel, Clarke, Red Death, and Dias. They were still waiting on Blaze and the crew he was hiring. At that moment, they were approached by three sailors, two of them looked to be middle aged or so, and the other looked to be around 20. They looked as if they wanted to join up. Nathaniel asked the captain, "These gentlemen look eager to join our meesly crew. We will need several more men to man our ship if we are to effectively sail her. I will take our new 'recruits' along with Clarke and this assassin over to the ship." And with that, they left Dias alone on the docks.

(Ping: I left your character to rap up everything else you need to on Port Royal because frankly, I believe we should get to the ship all ready and get the story moving along. Holty and CN, if you have any objections to coming aboard the ship, you could stay ahore or just PM me to edit it.)
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

Darasuum's storyline

chapter 13: The Chase

Blaze and his companions did indeed find a covered wagon behind the inn and hopped on, "I hope no one minds I take this. I probably won't return it, but then again, I am a pirate!" The wagon was being pulled by a black mare named Shadow who Blaze found to be very fast. they rode off to what was left of the Black Anchor Tavern. Apparently, it didn't have as much damage done to it as Blaze thought it had. The upper floor's roof was still burning and was in ruins but people were still going about their drinks on the lower floor. Blaze hopped off of the wagon and strolled over to the tavern where he saw three drunks sitting at a table telling jokes and tall tales to one another. He reconized two of them to be some of the men he fought in the bar earlier that evening, one of the men with the dagger and the other with the blade. The third man was a new face, but Blaze figured that three more men to join the crew wouldn't hurt, that would make twelve men in all, plus the three men just recruited on the docks that he didn't know about yet.

Blaze motioned for them to go over to the wagon, which they did, but then he caught the eye of a squad of seven Redcoats. "You there," the Redcoat said, "Weren't you the man who started the brawl here at approximately 11:39 PM this very night?"

Blaze thought to himself, "Oh no, I shouldn't have come back!" And motioned to the men on the wagon that he needed their help. they tossed him a blunderbuss which was already on the wagon and he shot it into the squad which bought him just enough time to hop onto the wagon, but the confusion didn't last for long. Blaze pulled out the last of his stinkpots from his satchel and threw it buying just enough time for the horse to pull the wagon down the streets. the soldiers continued to chase after them and to slow them down even more, Blaze grabbed a knife from one of his men and threw it at one of the soldiers, killing him almost instantly. Just as Blaze thought they were safe from the squad, the Redcoats mounted horses and began to ride after the wagon. One of the soldiers jumped off of his horse and on to the wagon. Blaze pulled out his sword, and after a brief duel knocked the man off the wagon. One of his companions finished loading the blunderbuss and he shot it once more into the crowd slowing them down more. The wagon neared the port gates and bursted down the doors. They were nearing the water and it seemed like it was a dead end, when Blaze had an idea, a brilliant yet stupid idea that just might work. he remembered hearing that wagons were just like boats and could float in the water, so, even though it was a tight fit, he unhitched Shadow and had her leap up onto the wagon just as it landed in the water. Sure enough, it did float and went in direction of Dias' Frigate moored in the shadows. The squad rallied more men though who began piling up in the jolly boats with guns and sabres. "Haul the wagon up!" Blaze yelled to a crewman on the ship and dropped down a harness strong enough to lift a wagon with seven men and a horse onaboard. Soon, they were safe aboard the ship.

"Men, load round shot in the swivels and fire at the boats! We will have a hell of a problem if they board us!" Blaze yelled as he led Shadow down to the livestock pen. "And get that wagon down bellow, I will sleep in there after I furnish it."

"Glad you made it Blaze!" Nathaniel said popping his head up from the gun deck, "That was quite a display you put on back in port!"

"Thank you old friend, we still have some work to due though before we set out. We have to stock the ship with supplies, hire more crew, and most importantly, find the captain!"

"Your right, I was about to go to shore and see if I can find Alvaro anywhere. Something tells me this will be a long night." And with that, Nathaniel walked in the direction of one of the rowboats.
 Ping
07-05-2010, 2:04 PM
Alvaro noticed both Nathaniel and Blaze had boarded his ship. What the hell are they doing? Are they trying to steal my ship? Alvaro then noticed some British authorities were firing at Blaze and company. Little maggot, he's going to destroy my ship! With that, Alvaro got into a row boat and paddled as fast as he could toward his ship, boarded it rather hastily, and loaded his pistol and fired at one of the British soldiers.

"Next time, wait for me!" Alvaro fumed at Blaze. "Hoist the sail and get ready to make a get-away!"

Once the ship made a rather hasty get-away from Port Royal, Alvaro looked at the main people he had recruited - Clarke, El Muerto, Blaze, and Nathaniel Hawk.

"Come with me into my cabin, I want to explain why I recruited you guys."

Alvaro made sure that there were no eavesdroppers on the cabin, and then locked the door.

"You may or may not have heard about an Amulet, a treasure that is said to give the user near immoratality, and may have been built by the Atlanteans. This Amulet, however, is hidden away in a temple on an uncharted island. To get to this island, we need to obtain a map. There are only less than five copies of this map in existence, at least one of which has been scattered into different pieces. But, once we find the map, we still need the nine gems that attach to the Amulet, of which only very powerful individuals possess the gems. Once we find the gems and the map, we can get the treasure. Any questions?"
 Holty1-5
07-05-2010, 2:32 PM
<.>
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
07-05-2010, 2:56 PM
Nathaniel was the first to pipe up, "Atlantis you say? How. Much do you exactly do you know about this artefact? What if it could have a power to destroy life as we know it? Hmm? I have an old friend by the name of Clement Aurentis. Twenty five years ago, he helped me find an ancient Aztec treasure and a lost temple. He can translate ancient texts. I don't think we will find anybody with an education like his in 100 years! Maybe we should stop by his er, home and he could translate. He doesn't have to join the crew, he's far too old anyway, but his knowllege could help drasticly."
 Ping
07-05-2010, 4:47 PM
((@Holty: You're in the cabin with everyone else, not outside on the deck. Not to be rude or anything, but please pay attention to what's going on))

Alvaro simply looked at Nathaniel after he suggested to drop by his friend's house.

"That simply won't be needed at present. Maybe after we find most of the map, but remember that if it was made by the Atlanteans, I have my doubts anyone can translate it, unless of course the map has been translated by someone else." Alvaro did have to admit, however, that is was rather unlikely any of the map was translated. On the other hand, Alvaro had heard rumors of an English translation of the map - much to his annoyance, wishing that someone had put it in his native language of Portugese - though whoever had done it was probably dead by now.

"And what I said about the artifact is what I know. It simply grants the owner near-immortality. Nothing more, nothing less. I also happen to have a rival that's trying to get the amulet himself. From what I've gathered, he probably has or is very close to getting one of the maps. However, I know something he doesn't know - I know where one of the gems is." Alvaro paused, allowing that fact to sink in.

"There is one problem with that, however. The person who owns it is a French privateer. I have met him in combat before, and he cost me my old crew," Alvaro paused again, remembering that brutal skirmish. Given, his old crew was technically MIA, but he wasn't putting his chances on them living. "I have however, inflicted some damge on his crew and his ship. He's good anough that we might not win even now, but we may just have a chance. If we don't win, we'll have to gamble on getting captured and imprisoned, but at least we'll still have a chance for the gem."
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
07-05-2010, 5:10 PM
One of the crewmemhers rushed into the cabin without nocking. " Sir, three English sloops twelve guns on each, closing in fast!"

Blaze ran outside of the cabin and up to the helm where the pilot maneuvered the vessel as best he could. The ships were closing in fast. However, since Blaze was by far one of the most senior crew members on the ship next to maybe Nathaniel and Alvaro though he knew next to nothing about him, he could tell that one was indeed a twelve gunned sloop. The two other ships were a sixteen gunned lugger and an eighteen gunned schooner, obviously the flagship. Dawn was approaching, so they had to work fast. Blaze rushed back down to the cabin where he found Clarke, Hawk, Muerta, Dias, and the crewmember. "He's right, three light ships closing in. We are out-sailed and outgunned! We need to get all thirty-five of our small crew to the guns!
 Ping
07-06-2010, 9:32 AM
((Te Darasuum, I believe I said in the Casting Call rules No one-liner posts. You really need to greatly expand your post. As a suggestion, you could also have one of your characters respond to my character's explanation.))
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
07-06-2010, 9:29 PM
Do you mind if my friend joins the rp?
 Ping
07-07-2010, 11:23 AM
Do you mind if my friend joins the rp?

((If he wants to join, then he should simply post in the Casting Call. Anyone can join at any time. And if he wants to join, then I expect him to ask it to me from himself, and not through somebody else. And please put (( )) for out of character conversations. For future reference, try not to make enemies come out of the blue. It's rather disruptive when your character is trying to explain something. Please. Be. Patient!!!))

" Sir, three English sloops twelve guns on each, closing in fast!"

Alvaro sighed. Seemed like he would have to wait for his crew members to finish their questions. He ran up on to the deck. There were three ships closing in, one of which was slightly whead of the others. Alvaro at first thought they could engage the ships in combat, but then decided it was better to outrun them, and possibly lure one of the ships away from the group.

"Make sure the wind is directly behind us! I do not want to engage all three ships!" Alvaro yelled to the crew. Although he believed that having a skirmish would give the crew some experience, Alvaro was smart enough to know there would be no experience if they all died in one battle.
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
07-07-2010, 2:56 PM
Nathaniel Spoke up, "Alvaro, we only have a small crew, and the sloop has almost reached us. Our crew is better at fighting than theirs, I can tell by their unorginization. Maybe if we attack, we could recruit the men to join our crew and we would have a better chance fighting that privateer friend of yours. Its up to you if you still want us to flee."
 Ping
07-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Alvaro simply looked at Nathaniel. The sloop's crew looked far from "disorganized." They may have been a bit hasty, but they certainly didn't look disorganized. It was the British Navy - possibly the most powerful in the world.

"I am simply trying to lure one of the ships away from the others," Alvaro explained to Nathaniel. "Once we do that, we can engage the sloop closest to us. Order everyone to man the cannons, now!" After a few minutes of dodging cannonballs and outmaneuvering the British sloop, Alvaro belived the crew was ready to engage.

"Steady....Steady....FIRE!!!" At Alvaro's order, his ship's cannons roared and shot their projectiles into the British sloop. Alvaro saw men fly like ragdolls and splinters fly everywhere on the opposing ship. Then the sloop returned fire. Alvaro immediately hit the deck and barely avoided a flying splinter.

"Fire, again!" Alvaro called out. His ship returned fire, and even more men on the other side went flying or were split in half.

"Get your weapons out, we're getting ready to board," Alvaro said, hoping the crew could get on the deck in time.
Page: 1 of 2