Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: Endgame

Page: 4 of 6
 Rexraptor2000
06-18-2010, 4:00 PM
Meta watched Perdy with a unique fascination. It was one thing to see the slight-of-hand tricks where the Jedi just lifted a few things. It was a whole other experience to actually see the power play between Force users and their very strength of wills. What others feared, Meta respected as a power to manipulate the world and shape it in their own image. The ironic thing was that the Force users could not both have what they wanted at the same time. So the cycle goes, Sith rise and Jedi fall, Jedi rise and Sith fall. They had to take turns, which Meta found kind of funny. Granted, millions of lives were lost because of their inability to coexist, but Meta had seen far worse. If anything, the cycle was more of a form of competitive equilibrium that kept the galaxy from becoming stagnant and weak. That was why Meta was not only committed to this course of action for the sake of the Jedi, but for that of the Sith as well.

In any case, none of that mattered. While it was interesting to watch Perdy fight the good fight, Meta needed to contact that Republic officer and acquire the necessary information for his plan to work.

“Make sure she doesn't hurt herself.” Meta told Psycho before turning to Juhani and saying “Hello, I'm Meta, a pleasure to meet you. You'll have to excuse me for a moment, I've got to go take a call.”

Meta walked into room, straight past the bed with the corpse and to the comm system. “I'm sorry to inform you Rep-man that the girl's dead. On the bright side though, you can help me find and deal with the people who did killed her, the Found. All I need is the location of the hideout, though you're more than welcome to come help me with my plan. Got a freaky-looking guy, a cat-lady, and a Sith with Dissociative Identity Disorder on my team already.”
 Cyborg Ninja
06-18-2010, 4:42 PM
Psycho looked down at yet another body on the floor. What was with all of these bodies. Unlike Jolee's body, Psycho couldn't tell exactly how this jedi was killed. There were no cuts, bruises, or anything that would suggest she was killed directly by someone...indirectly however seemed to be the answer. He didn't have to time to actually view the body as Perdante starting causing a scene. Apparently her master was attempting to control her through the force.

“Make sure she doesn't hurt herself.”

"You got it Chief," Psycho responded walking over to Perdante.

He took any weapons she had on her and placed them on the floor just in case her master tried anything funny. He didn't want to ruin her concentration but if her master made a move in her body, he would be ready to restrain her.
 The Betrayer
06-18-2010, 6:55 PM
They have betrayed you, my apprentice. You see now how they restrain you? They do not trust you enough, they do not trust your power. They do not trust your capability. Ibis continued sending messages to the brain of Perdante, with every single one breaking the mental resistance of his failed apprentice.

Yet they are wrong if they think a person of your power can be restrained by just being stripped of your weapons... Use the Force. The time for your redemption is at hand.
 Alkonium
06-18-2010, 10:06 PM
"Then Seeker Adeline is dead woman. I should have killed that schutta when I had the chance. Of course I'll join you. I've been in their headquarters, and I've come closer than anyone to killing Adeline." Garren replied, turning his ship back around in the direction of the Jedi Temple.
 Tysyacha
06-19-2010, 9:03 AM
Perdante growled. The time of my WHAT?! I have already been redeemed, you scoundrel! Juhani showed me mercy instead of death at the moment of my defeat, a mercy that I did not deserve. You, however, would rather see me dead or a mindless slave! I won't have it. You're not my Master anymore...ah--!

There is a Jedi tenet that states, in not so many words, "No student is greater than his Master, and no Master should believe that he is greater than his student." Perdante, no matter how hard she tried, could not resist the former Sith's call completely. It was not that her will was not strong. It was only that the cloaked figure's was stronger. He overpowered her, and soon his former Initiate knocked everyone in the room backward (except for Meta) into the wall by way of an incredibly potent Force wave! When she finally recovered, Perdante surveyed the damage. No harm done--I hope...

"Forgive me!" she cried. "I--my mind was not my own at that moment--oh, Force!" She shook her head. "I'm a Sith with Dissociative something-or-other, most definitely, but I don't want to live as such anymore." She gazed toward a startled Juhani, Garren, and Meta. "I'll tell you what. If we're going to take down this Seeker Adeline person and get rid of the Found once and for all, then we need a plan of attack. A strong one. Meta? You suggested that I be used as bait to lure the Found out from their hiding place, and I've already agreed. I suggest a further development: I will surrender to the Seeker."

Utter silence. "She will see that I am not completely Sith, and I will beg to become her Jedi prisoner. I can't afford to have my Master's voice and will attempting to control me when we're trying to defeat a far greater enemy. I can serve as a distraction. While the Seeker is dealing with me, you can enter the hiding place in secret and start killing any Found you--find."

She couldn't help but snicker at the terrible pun. Her head was aching.

"Seeker Adeline won't know what hit her, and why the other members of her congregation are dying off so quickly. Before you know it, all the people who were supposed to protect her will be dead, and we can finish her off." A pause. "In the way of the Jedi, of course. Let's hope she gives up."
 Fredi
06-19-2010, 12:42 PM
Fethe reached Manaan and headed towards the city, he was to meet with master Rodos on the Cantina of Atho City. Fethe entered the cantina and there he was, Rodos Kepid, Rodos was the Jedi who thought Fethe everything, he was his master and the one that saved him too when he fell to the dark side.

“Greeting master, good to see you again”- Fethe said to the Twi'lek Jedi master
“Good to see you too Fethe, it's been some time now, it's good to see you again. Here come seat, this is my new apprentice, Judid Ethos.”- Rodos presented his new apprentice, a Human female, blond with blue eyes.
“Greetings to you too young one.”- Fethe said to the girl “Master I have come to talk to you about certain things happening.”
“Go on then Fethe, tell me”- Rodos said.
“I am having visions master, of the future, and they are happening, I need you guidance master”- Fethe said “It's a new menace, a some sort of cult that is hunting us down.”
“Hmm Dark Jedi's? I have been sent here to investigate a rare case of a Dark Jedi”- the master replied.
“I'm not sure master, I don't think so, but I do know they're still some Sith remnant scattered around the galaxy”- Fethe said
“Well Fethe, the force has been giving you the sings, you must act then, you must help the order to control this menace”- the master said “You are one of the best students I have trained, the force is with you, go and confront this new menace, like a Jedi should”
“I will master, thanks for you're advice. I do have another favor to ask master, a Sith came to the academy the other day, how are we suppost to know she isn't a spy or a trick to destroy us, she claims she wishes to turn to the light.”- Fethe asked
“Fethe, that is something you must see from deep inside of you, when you fell I knew you could still return, I felt it and that's how I knew you could still change. Hear you're inner voice Fethe, then you will now the truth”- Rodos answered

“Thank you master, I will return to the academy, may the force be with you both”- Fethe said as he stood up and headed towards his ship back, so he could return to Coruscant.
 Rexraptor2000
06-19-2010, 12:46 PM
“Okay then, it's settled. We've got the Rep-man coming back here to give us the location of the Found's hiding place an help us, we've got the proper people to start taking out the Found once we find them, and we've got a solid plan to take out the leadership.” Meta elaborated, unfazed by the sudden outburst of overall weirdness from the Sith. He was lucky that Perdy couldn't do a force push on him, otherwise he might've smashed through comm system and a wall or two. If she was going to keep having outbursts though, then she was going to become a serious problem to the plan. That would simply not do.

“There are a few thing we've gotta do though. First, we need to remove the body here and discern the cause of death. The Found might have poisoned her, or the injected her with the mineral. Second, we need to wait for Rep-man. He does know the place the best. And last,” Meta said, walking out of the room and right up to Perdy “We need you a bit more stable before we spring the trap.”

With that, Meta pinched her shoulder, hoping that what he had learned in another universe would still apply here and cause her to faint.
 Cyborg Ninja
06-19-2010, 6:06 PM
Psycho bounced up just as quickly as he was knocked down by Perdante's force push. He was ready to take her down when it appeared she had gained control of her body once more. His eyes darted back down to the body of the Jedi Knight. The fact that he couldn't tell right away what had caused her death intrigued him. His infatuation with death was just another reason he was named Psycho. He looked up when Meta mentioned for someone to examine the body and determine the cause of death.

"If I can examine the body of both Jedi I should be able to determine just what were up against," Psycho said to Meta. "That is if the Jedi will allow me," he said to the group in general though it was more aimed at Juhani than anything.
 Tysyacha
06-19-2010, 11:31 PM
Perdante gave a startled half-yelp at Meta pinching her shoulder--not because the pinch was painful by any means, but because it was so unexpected. Having your mind taken over, first by the Force itself and then by a very powerful Force user, was enough to make anyone hyper-vigilant. However, before she could ask Meta what in space he thought he was doing by pinching her, the young woman felt herself collapse to the ground in an unconscious faint...
 Chevron 7 locke
06-19-2010, 11:55 PM
((Is it alright if I have Jolee's force ghost stop in for a little chat with Juhani?))

"That is if the Jedi will allow me,"

Juhani considered it for a moment before nodding. "Yes, you may examine the bodies. But you must treat them with the utmost respect. They are to be given a Jedi funeral once you are done."

She watched as...Meta she believed his name was pinched Perdante on the neck which caused the former sith to drop to the floor in a heap.

She turned to Meta and the others as she noticed that it was night ."I believe that Perdante should be allowed to rest before anything else happens. She's had a very long day."

She looked down at the sith as she thought what would be the best thing to do with her. With her master attempting to take control of her mind she would need someone to watch over her, someone who wouldn't try to kill her if her master did take control.

"I will allow her to rest in my quarters until she wakes up. Rest assured I will be watching to make sure nothing happens to her."

She hoisted the former sith over her shoulder and carried her into her quarters, gently setting her down on her bed before closing the door to the hallway.
 The Betrayer
06-20-2010, 6:50 AM
A shame, Ibis thought to himself, she was so powerful. All that power... wasted. He had stopped trying to control his apprentice's mind the moment he realized how vulnerable it made him. He thought it was a shame that he had to dispose of her apprentice the hard way, but he would do anything necessary to remove another bond in his life.

Realizing how these foolish emotions and attachments have taken over him, he decided to recite the Sith code.

Peace is a lie; there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

He then smiled, a vicious smile as he stepped out of the door and killed the slave that awaited him outside. He went to the landing pad of the building he has stayed in, then set the ship he came in alight.

"May this be my promise", he shouted to all those who can hear, directing a bit of it to his apprentice using the Force, "I will hunt you down, Perdante. And when I do, you will regret turning on me!"
 Rexraptor2000
06-20-2010, 12:05 PM
“Well, that's my cue to start getting to work!” Meta said clapping his hands together, glad that the useful technique still worked. He turned to Psycho and said “Be sure to run a few scans for any foreign metals/minerals in her body while you're working. I've gotta feeling that she didn't die at the heart break of being captured. Meanwhile, I'll be at the Jedi workshop doing a few technical things if you need me. I'm going to have fun night.”

With that, Meta headed down the hall. Now to just find the workshop...
 Cyborg Ninja
06-20-2010, 3:33 PM
Psycho was somewhat confused by Juhani's request. Being an outcast to society, Psycho had never actually seen a funeral however he has heard of them. He would have simply disposed of the body but he had to remember he wasn't traveling alone anymore. He was with a group of people who each had different views on life and he would have to at the very least honor them, especially if he was staying in the Jedi Temple. Seeing how this was the dead Jedi's own room and no one would bother him he decided to work on the bodies here. He left the room to retrieve Jolee's body and returned a few minutes later. He placed both bodies on the ground and knelt down in between them. He could just cut these bodies up and determine this very quickly but he would upset the Jedi in here. It looked like it was going to be a long night for Psycho.
 Tysyacha
06-20-2010, 6:11 PM
Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Being as "zonked out", or unconscious, as she was, Perdante did not hear her master scream in her head. Blackness was all that enveloped her mind...

Perhaps that was for the better, however, with the two autopsies going on.

Gathering Place of the Found, Gymnasium/Training Room

"Move it, you maggots! Faster! Faster, by the Force! MOVE!"

Seeker Adeline had a hunch. She called it "intuition", but Force or no Force, she'd had a sudden sense that there would soon be an impending attack upon the Gathering Place of the Found. The Jedi would surely be wanting revenge for the murders of Anna Organ and the other old fool, even though they didn't call it "revenge". They called it "justice", but Adeline was wise enough to know that revenge was only an intensified and heightened desire for justice. The Jedi could call it what they wanted, but they'd never get it.

When you attacked a holy place, full of holy people, then the Creator would make you pay. The Force was His gift to the world, and the world had misused it. Instead of humbly submitting to it and letting it guide their destinies, the world had wielded it as a weapon--and a tool for cutting and shaping. Molding. No more. The Force was meant to guide, and not to be guided. Meant to mold, not to be molded. The world would soon learn that.

"Move, I said! Do you want my droids to shoot you? They will."

She meant it, too. As soon as she'd shouted these words, three men fell behind in the retinue of sprinting runners, and three headshots were fired.

Seeker Adeline inhaled the scent of smoking flesh. Culling the herd...

((Hey--anyone interested in participating in a sequel to this RP after we finish? PM me))
 SkywalkerRules
06-21-2010, 11:19 AM
((Can someone give me a recap, please? And if I'm doing this post wrong, please forgive me. Sorry I took long to post. College, parents, life... yeah.))

Melaney Garzo was in a cantina of the Underworld of Coruscant. There was no place like a good break from the Jedi Temple and missions than to hang out in the old cantina with old friends.

"Okay, Garzo. C'mon. Tell us, already!" a female Bothan named Sarea said. A male Bith named Tol and a male Human named Geri stood beside Melany as well, who sat at a stool by the bar counter, drinking her blue milk.

The young goth Jedi apprentice sighed with a calm smile. "Fine. I came back because of all the hectic stuff goin' on at the Jedi Temple. Plus, my master can't find me here no how." She sighed, putting the empty glass down next to her. "Why'd I join the Jedi? I could've stayed with you guys."

"And get into things!" Tol said with a smile. Sarea and Geri agreed. Melany smiled sadly, wondering what was going on with her fellow Jedi...
 Writer
06-21-2010, 3:27 PM
"What do you mean, you won't take them?" Arai demanded, scowling at the Weequay across from her. "She stabbed a finger in his direction. "No. You pay attention, boy. You gave me a job. You paid me half up front. You are going to pay me the other half, and you're going to take two dead bodies off my hands."

The Weequay squirmed. "It complicated."

She glared. "Then make it simple."

"My employer no want," he squeaked. "Too much... eyes watching. Always seeing. We take and they know. They know we order hit."

"Open your eyes, genius," Arai hissed. "They'll know anyway. Get a good slicer, every order can be traced."

The Weequay squealed. "It different!"

"Take them," Arai said, "or I'll make sure you and your employer experience more pain than you've ever known."

"We give money!" the Weequay protested, shoving a credit chip across the table. "Just dump them, okay?"

Arai fingered the chip for a moment. Then her eyes narrowed. "Get out."

The Weequay needed no further urging, bolting for the door almost before she'd finished. Slowly, Arai raised her right hand to her forehead and massaged. This was a headache she was not looking forward to dealing with. How to dump the bodies of two criminal masterminds without arousing suspicion or drawing attention to herself?

"Joy," she murmured, bringing her left hand up to join her right in massaging her head. Then from between her fingers, she caught sight of a vaguely familiar face. Her hands dropped and she looked closer.

"Dom," she murmured. Then, louder to catch his attention, breaking into a grin. "Dom! Dominic Travesty!" She waved him over, wondering briefly if he would remember her. "My goodness, it's been ages since I saw you last."
 ForceFightWMe12
06-21-2010, 4:06 PM
Dominic looked up at the call of the alien bartender, and nodded curtly, coming to stand in front of the counter. "One Juma, on the rocks." he answered, tapping his fingers lightly on the bar top. He didn't look around; he was too busy watching the holonet feed that was playing on mute above the barkeep's head. It looked as if the Jedi had lost a few today...including the girl that managed to escape them earlier that day. Although, it didn't look as though the escape did her a whole lot of good.

It wasn't her that they were focusing on, despite how tragic a young girl's death was. Apparently, that particular tragedy was eclipsed by the loss of a Jedi master, an old grouch of a man named Jolee Bindo. So maybe he was a master...but the girl was an innocent victim, dead because the Jedi took her from her family and forced her into their little nest of corruption. Had she been allowed to grow up as an average girl, without the abnormality of the Force in her life...?

His train of thought was cut off when a voice called his name. The Juma had been sitting in front of him for about a minute now, unnoticed and untouched, and his hand wrapped around it automatically as he looked over his shoulder to find the source of the call. It took him a moment, but his eyes finally lighted upon a woman that was unquestionably looking at him, a smile on her face. He frowned. Did he--

Yes, he did know her, he realized. Picking up his glass, he crossed the bar to her, the faintest of smiles on his lips as he took the seat across the table from her. "It has been," he assented with a nod. "How've you been doing, Arai?"

Dominic couldn't quite decide if he was happy to see her or not. She was a friend of his; that was no question. But she was a friend from a different time of his life - a time he wasn't too keen on remembering.
 Rexraptor2000
06-21-2010, 4:13 PM
Meta was going to work all throughout the night. This was not out of any sort of particular anxiety about the next day's events or a need to get things ready, but because Meta simply liked to keep busy and building. He liked to build mechs, weapons, tools, etc. Sometimes he would just will his hands to work and the next moment it would be a few hours later and there would be come machination in front of him. Tonight however, Meta was aware. He was aware that this would most likely be the last opportune moment to wipe out the Found. If this attack didn't succeed, then it would probably take years to hunt down the remnants of the cult. While Meta had the patience to do this, the Republic brass did not. When things hit the fan, he needed to make sure that the Found were the ones with the broken back at his feet. Whether or not there would be mercy depended entirely and the plausibility of rehabilitation. If they were unworkable, then they would already be dead. Those who were not would be in prison, or at least go to trial.

Thus, Meta needed to build something to help take out the Found, and what better weapon to use against them than their own? The main likelihood would be that the Found would be ready for the attack, and that meant that they would expect the Jedi to retaliate. That meant that they would all have the mineral, that Meta couldn't remember the name of, equipped for battle and thus perfect targets. He merely needed to build a weapon that would home in on the mineral, much like a heat-seeking missile homes in on heat. He got the homing part down rather quickly and had already equipped it to his plasma repeater. His only problem, like every other situation, was finding a test subject.

“No way.” the Jedi mechanic told Meta, crossing his arms.

“But what about the selfless Jedi who sacrifices himself to stop evil?”

“Why can't you just use a droid?”

“Because the test subject needs to replicate the abilities of a highly-trained Found member, and I don't have time to build an android. I can't adjust the homing with just a droid, for all I know the gun would blow up and I would have to build another.”

“Well- wait, you can built androids?”

“Yes actually. The make good friends.”

“Cool, but I'm still not doing it.”

“I've got the gun set on stun!”

“You can't set plasma to stun! That's like setting a lightsaber to stun! You said yourself, the plasma would break apart on meeting a lightsaber and just kill the Jedi anyway with a spray!” the mechanic shouted before calming down and repeating the Jedi code to himself.

It was going to be a long night.
 Tysyacha
06-21-2010, 7:01 PM
Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Perdante came to and looked at Meta. "Did I just hear someone mention the words 'test subject'?" she asked and smiled. "I would volunteer, but in case that device of yours malfunctions--or, more accurately, does exactly what it was intended to do--I won't be able to be the sacrifice and distraction when we actually get to the place where the Found are hiding out. I won't be able to surrender to the Seeker." She sat up. "I hope whatever they're going to do with me once I 'resign' will take longer than five minutes. Preferably, ten or fifteen." She glanced around. "How long do you think it will take the rest of the Jedi to infiltrate the compound and kill everyone they see, including the boss-lady? One thing's for sure--once we get in, we'll need to get out fast."

"How many of you have to relieve yourselves right now?" asked Seeker Adeline. To the few who answered, she ordered, "Another dose. Now."

Her serving/assassin droids passed out capsules of ostanovium to the hapless ten or so Pilgrims who had raised their hands. Unbeknownst to them, this dose was fatal. Bodily functions--especially the smellier ones--should have been quelled completely three pills ago. These ten were weak.

Thus, they slumped over dead within a timespan of fourteen seconds.

"All of you are almost ready," Seeker Adeline told the rest. "You are Chosen."
 SkywalkerRules
06-21-2010, 7:24 PM
((Can someone please comlink Melany into guarding the Gathering of the Found's gate so that she can signal the Jedi to attack? Plus, I need a Jedi master. Hey, ForceFightWMe12? Are we in the same bar or no?))
 Chevron 7 locke
06-21-2010, 7:26 PM
Juahni walked towards Perdante once she had found that she was awake. She walked in just in time to hear the end of the former sith's sentance.

"How long do you think it will take the rest of the Jedi to infiltrate the compound and kill everyone they see, including the boss-lady? One thing's for sure--once we get in, we'll need to get out fast."

Juhani smiled slightly. She was looking forward to avenging Jolee Bindo's death and personally taking care of the woman who had killed him would be the perfect way to do so.

"I believe that you are right." She said to Perdante. "Once the found have been destroyed we'll need to leave as quickly as possible. But we should clear our attack on the Found with the republic first."
 Tysyacha
06-21-2010, 7:52 PM
Suddenly, Melany heard a crackle on her comlink. "Knight Garzo? This is your Master, Yakhta Gara. This is an urgent communique--we hear, through our confidential channels, that there is going to be a Jedi attack upon the former Czerka Logistics Complex, now known as the Gathering Place of the Found. A cult resides there, known as the Found, as you can guess by the new name of the building. I want you to serve as a lookout. However, wait until you hear from me that the attack has been cleared by the Republic."
 Tysyacha
06-21-2010, 7:55 PM
((This could be a crucial plot point for the sequel to this. Who's with Perdy?))

Perdante scoffed. "What?! The Republic? Those stuffed-shirt bureaucrats probably have their heads stuck so far up their butt puckers that they think 'the Found' is one of their missing socks in the laundry." After no one laughed at her little joke, she straightened her lips into a luscious, firm line and continued, "I say we go through with the Plan as soon as possible, meaning as soon as Meta's done testing his device. After all, the greater of an advantage that we can gain on these psychopathically-indoctrinated fools, the better."
 Writer
06-21-2010, 8:50 PM
Arai smiled faintly and shrugged. "Been a helluva ride, Dom," she answered, glancing down at her appearance. She looked far more like a weathered spacer than a Jedi. Then again, he hardly looked like a Jedi anymore either. But she had heard he'd left at least a few years before she'd been exiled. "Bit of a mercenary these days. What about you? I'd heard you left the Order a while back..."
 Alkonium
06-21-2010, 9:21 PM
Garren arrived at the Temple, and immediately retransmitted the information on the Found back onto the Republic network. "This is what we'll need in order to get into their headquarters, along with its coordinates." He told Meta, handing him a datapad. Then, he turned to Perdante. "The Republic is not our enemy, and what we're about to do could constitute vigilantism. However, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, and they'd probably thank us for it anyway. Honestly, if I had decided to kill Adeline the last time I was in there, and then somehow managed to get out alive, with Jolee and Anna, they'd likely have given me a hefty bonus." He pointed out.
 Cyborg Ninja
06-21-2010, 9:33 PM
Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Psycho was quick to analyze Jolee's body. He came to the same conclusion he had the last time he saw the body but now the difference was knowing over theorizing. It was the body of Anna that would prove to be a challenge. Upon scanning the body Pscyho discovered that her nose had been broken and a small piece lodged itself into her brain. He was confused by this, she would have just healed herself with the Force. He stood up for a few seconds and stared at both the bodies. There was Jolee who had been decapitated by a surprise attack and now there was Anna who had broken her nose and didn't heal herself. Something wasn't right here; Jolee should have seen the attack coming and Anna should have healed...unless. He crouched down by Anna's body again and took a good look at her face. A simple nose break shouldn't have been enough to kill her. He did a much more thorough job on his second scan of Anna.

I've got all the info I can gather, its time to put you both away

He would give them a funeral but first he wanted to remove the bone from the brain. He made a few cuts with his tonfa and pulled the bone right out of her skull. At least he had gotten the bone out. He was about to discard the bone when he noticed something about it. He brought it closer to his face and saw a small piece of metal. A broken bone in the brain wouldn't stop a jedi from healing but what about this metal? He knew there had to b a better reason why Anna didn't heal and this had to be it. He darted out of the room and began sprinting down the halls. When he finally found who he was looking for he stopped running to catch his breath.

"We might have a bit of a problem," he said to Meta holding the bone up.

Zen strolled into the Training Room looking for Adeline. He was about to leave when a thought had hit him. He finally found her and walked over to her, bowing as soon as he was near her.

"Mighty Seeker, I was about to leave when I thought about the jedi that was rescued. I fear she might tell her fellow jedi about us and in return will attack us. I wish to stay here for another day or so in case the jedi do attack. I wish to fight alongside my brothers and sisters here," Zen requested.
 Tysyacha
06-21-2010, 9:40 PM
((Does the Republic know, or do they not know, about the future attack?))

Gathering Place of the Found, Coruscant

"Very well, Pilgrim Zen," replied Seeker Adeline. She gestured for one of her serving/assassin droids to bring six small caplets to the one before her. "The Jedi, who use the Force for wicked ends--namely, attacking us--will be very strong. It is up to us to defeat them, and through this mineral not ordinarily found in nature, we will be able to." A small smile. "Starting dose: six pills."

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Perdante, running as fast as she could, pursued Psycho. He seemed to be carrying a tiny piece of bone, perhaps from either Jolee or Anna's body. "Wait!" she cried. Out of the corner of her eye, she got a closer look at the specimen. It was definitely bone, to be sure, but there was metal on it.

"What the Force is that?!" She suddenly had a very bad feeling about this...
 Alkonium
06-21-2010, 10:11 PM
"It looks like that Force-inhibiting material Meta found, and I saw Adeline wearing gauntlets made of the stuff, and they've likely crafted their weapons from it. If I'm right, that stuff shouldn't affect people who aren't Force Sensitive, or at least not in a debilitating manner. Otherwise, it would be too dangerous for the Found to use without causing themselves serious harm. I have an idea: they would be expecting Jedi to attack, but what if they were attacked by non-Force using Republic Troopers instead?" Garren suggested, getting a good look at the small bit of that material extracted by Psycho.
 Cyborg Ninja
06-21-2010, 10:20 PM

Zen looked over at the droid with the capsules. He was a Sangheili warrior, he liked to fight based on his own skill not with some help from a capsule. However he did not want to betray the Seeker. She had given him guidance in her teachings during his time of need. He took the pills from the droid and looked over at Adeline. Maybe he could compromise with her without her even knowing.

"Would you have me take these now or when I am truly in need of them?"

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Psycho looked over at Perdante as she stared at the bone he had in his hand. He listened to the new imput from Garren and his mind began to go to work. A force inhibiting metal...that explained how Jolee couldn't sense the attack and Anna's death as well.

Wait...what about that guy back on Dantooine?

"I found no traces of the metal on Jolee's body but what you've said makes sense. Is it possible the metal is not in the weapons but perhaps in the Found members themselves?" he asked.
 Alkonium
06-21-2010, 10:30 PM
(and since I couldn't help but bring at least an alternate version of her in...)

However, at that point, Garren received a call on his portable communicator. He activated it, and a small hologram of a blue Twi'lek woman appeared on it. "You called?" She asked him. "Hello dear." Garren replied casually. "Space it, Garren. You cheated on me with with Adon Rha!" The Twi'lek rebuked. "Now Niera, like I said before, I only did it so I could steal the UMBRA device, and if you were his type, it would have been you and not me. And honestly, that was just business. Now, you and I, that's love." Garren explained. "You're right, I can't stay mad at you. You need my help, I take it?" Niera calmed down slightly. "Yes, come to the Jedi Temple, we're going after the Found, and the more non-Force Sensitives on our side, the better. I'll see you when you get here." Garren elaborated, switching off the comm.
 Chevron 7 locke
06-21-2010, 10:38 PM
((Would it be possible for Jolee's body to vanish? I was going to set up a talk between Juahni and his Force ghost.))

"I found no traces of the metal on Jolee's body but what you've said makes sense. Is it possible the metal is not in the weapons but perhaps in the Found members themselves?"

"That would make sense." Juhani said quietly. "Jolee was an experienced Knight and was usually able to sense attacks before they happened. This could explain why he was so easily killed."

When I find the woman who killed Jolee I swear she will die. A very slow and painful death.
 Tysyacha
06-21-2010, 10:53 PM
Jedi Temple, Coruscant

"It's that metal," Perdante mused, "that can absorb and negate the Force. It sounds like the members of the Found are using it, and to their advantage. If so, then we Jedi and former Sith are going to be in real trouble unless we remember our melee and blaster skills. If we try to use Force powers against these brainwashed people, they'll never work. We have to do this old-school." She grimaced--had she really said old-school? After smirking and shaking her head, she asked, "Hey, guys--what's happening to Jolee Bindo's body?" Indeed, it was vanishing into thin air: becoming one with the Force itself.

"Take them now," directed the Seeker, "so that you will have time to become immune to the Force powers of the Jedi. Ostanovium does not work immediately--although," she added softly, "our engineers are working on that. They're distilling an ultra-pure sample, one that can make a Jedi lose his or her Force powers in a span of ten minutes instead of sixty. Remarkable."

She licked her glossed lips. The taste of utter victory was near at hand...
 ForceFightWMe12
06-21-2010, 11:09 PM
"I...suppose you could say I've found religion." he said with a wry smile. If one could call the Found a religion. When one looked at it, it was really much, much more than that - but that wasn't a conversation he wanted to have with her right now. She might have been exiled, but he wasn't certain what the circumstances were...and until he could figure out what terms she had with the Jedi, he didn't want to risk revealing the Found to an enemy. "But beyond that...well, merc work, mostly. It doesn't seem that there's much else for former Jedi to do." he tossed his shoulders in a light shrug. "I've never been one for farming."
 Alkonium
06-21-2010, 11:11 PM
"That's why we need the Republic's assistance, rather than just approval. The Found are mainly melee fighters, and that metal only really helps them against Jedi. Think how easy it would be for Troopers, or even Smugglers to gun them down. Who brings blaster to a knife fight? The winner." Garren pointed out. "I've got a ... friend coming to join us. She's a smuggler, like me, could be exactly what we need. I've also sent all of my finding, plus the original data back to the Republic. They'd recognise the sort of threat the Found poses, and they'd be forced to help us."
 SkywalkerRules
06-21-2010, 11:17 PM
((Man, everbody's going too fast with their posts. Could you guys slow down a little? Please? :( ))

"Knight Garzo? This is your Master, Yakhta Gara. This is an urgent communique--we hear, through our confidential channels, that there is going to be a Jedi attack upon the former Czerka Logistics Complex, now known as the Gathering Place of the Found. A cult resides there, known as the Found, as you can guess by the new name of the building. I want you to serve as a lookout. However, wait until you hear from me that the attack has been cleared by the Republic."

Melany, sarcastic as she was, sighed. She took out her comlink, and replied, "Sure, Master Gara. I'll wait. Thanks." When she put her comlink away, she smiled at her three friends. "Let's make trouble."

"Yeah!" the trio said. And with that, they went out the bar, starting trouble. Getting into fights with a gang, messing with people's minds (Jedi mind trick), you name it. And the most beauty of it... getting chased by Coruscant's cops.
 Writer
06-22-2010, 12:03 AM
Arai watched him intently as he spoke. There was something he wasn't saying. That she could tell just from his face. Digging just a little deeper told her that his willingness to disclose information on his "religion" hinged upon what sort of relationship she kept with the Jedi.

At his farming comment, she laughed softly. "Believe it or not, I've tried it and you're right. Farming would most definitely not suit you. Lots of manual labor left to the farmhands, in spite of all the heavy machinery they like to keep around." She leaned back in her seat, examining him inside and out. Something felt very different about him, muted somehow. Beyond that, his most immediate shatterpoints seemed focused around the "religion" he'd mentioned earlier. But it was too soon to redirect his attention to it.

"Any jobs on your immediate horizon?" she asked. "If not, I've got an option for you. Two-merc job. Employer said I could pick whoever I wanted." She smiled faintly, noting a slight shift in his pattern. "Wouldn't mind getting back in touch with you, Dom. One of the things I missed most after you left the Jedi was pranking the Masters with you."

Her mind on overdrive, she gauged his internal reaction to that thought and then added, "Though I suppose you might say they had the last laugh on both of us... I think." She looked him up and down, curiously. "Did they take your saber from you when you left?"
 Tysyacha
06-22-2010, 12:48 AM
Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Perdante's face had suddenly turned as red as a Sith's lightsaber. "I'm afraid that if we ask for the Republic's assistance in this matter, the Seeker won't be the only one demanding my unconditional surrender." She sighed. "Before Juhani showed me the way back to the Light, I was a Sith Initiate. I know this, and so do most Republic officers. As a part of my training, I was sent to Tatooine to spy upon a secret meeting and kill everyone there. There were only three, but they were pretty top brass. I used the Force, ever so slowly, to drain the oxygen from the room and into my lungs. Officially, it was ruled an accident--a malfunctioning of the ventilation systems. I know better. I'm a murderess."

She wiped away fresh tears. "I'm a wanted criminal by the Republic, a Sith. If we proceed with the attack now and let me be the sacrifice and distraction for the Seeker, perhaps I will have died a hero and redeemed myself at last..."
 ForceFightWMe12
06-22-2010, 12:49 AM
Farming was one of the last things he could picture her doing. She was too much like him...which, he supposed, was why they got along so well together. He would die after about a standard month of farming; he couldn't sit still that long in a place that had nothing but flat land, flat land, and even more flat land.

The offer of a job caught him by surprise, and his immediate reaction was a cheerful one. He smiled, this time a little less reserved than before, and that smile only grew as he thought back to the times he'd shared with her at the Jedi Academy. They had been the only good times he had with the Jedi...and that had been when he was breaking the rules.

"I wish I could say yes, Arai," he said, a sense of regret about his tone. "God knows it would be nice to spend time together again, but...I've got an on-planet job to take care of." He pressed his lips together then, weighing his options. Would it be wise to maintain contact with her? She hardly seemed like the sort of person that was a fan of the Jedi...but he wasn't certain of the answer. There was one question he could answer, however; he did want to see her again. "But hey - if you're anywhere as fast as you used to be," A little crooked grin took hold of his lips. "Then your job shouldn't take you long. We could meet up again whenever you finish it."
 Cyborg Ninja
06-22-2010, 3:29 AM

Zen was hesitant at first but then nodded his head and took the pills. His head twitched for a second as he felt the pills slide down his throat. Zen was tough and knew he would be able to withstand the dosage, that was why she gave him so many.

"It will be an honor to both fight with you and to protect you. When the Jedi arrive I will make them wish they hadn't come."

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Psycho laughed as Perdante spoke of her murders on Tatooine. He then did something he hadn't done since he was a child...he showed compassion. The armored creature placed a hand on Perdnate's shoulder.

"Only three? Let's see what I did on Tatooine. Six muggings, four thefts, one hostage situation, and over one hundred murders. If they gave me another chance to redeem myself than they will most certainly will for you. Everyone deserves a second chance no matter how wicked."

For once someone who was so psychotic was acting very sane.
 Chevron 7 locke
06-22-2010, 8:55 AM
"Hey, guys--what's happening to Jolee Bindo's body?"

Juhani looked down at the body just as it vanished. She sighed. "His body is becoming one with the force."

A tear came to one of her eyes at the thought that she would never be able to talk to her friend again. "Farewell old friend...may we meet again in the next life."

"I'm a wanted criminal by the Republic, a Sith. If we proceed with the attack now and let me be the sacrifice and distraction for the Seeker, perhaps I will have died a hero and redeemed myself at last..."

Juhani looked up at her and shook her head firmly. "I'm sorry Perdante, but I am not going to let you die. Not after all the trouble I went through to bring you back from the darkside."

"Only three? Let's see what I did on Tatooine. Six muggings, four thefts, one hostage situation, and over one hundred murders. If they gave me another chance to redeem myself than they will most certainly will for you. Everyone deserves a second chance no matter how wicked."

"Pyscho is right. Both of you deserve second chances, no matter what you did."
 SkywalkerRules
06-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Melany, along with her other old friends, got away from the cops. They hid in a dark corner and laughed. "God, I missed you all! If my Master hadn't gotten me away from these streets, I'd still have fun. Speaking of master, why hasn't there been any answers? They were suppose to call me back to be on the lookout."

"Aww, they probably forgot. No Jedi's perfect," Geri said.

Melany looked down. "Yeah. No Jedi's perfect..."
 Rexraptor2000
06-22-2010, 1:42 PM
Meta watched as the once relatively empty workshop began to fill up with people quick;y and preparations were made to to attack the Found. He actually found it it kind of funny that one moment he'd be minding his own business and the next there would be a congregation around him, like someone had hit the 'Meet Here' switch. On the other hand, it was also slightly annoying because the workshop could only hold so many people and things were starting to get crowded. How was Meta supposed to finish and test his weapon with all of these people in the way? What annoyed him a bit further was the idea that they assault on the Found would require the Republic's approval. Meta was given charge of saving Jedi. Meta was the Republic in this case, though he was willing to wait until an official source responded to their request. Besides, it wasn't like he'd exactly elaborated on his position or even what species he was.

“Yeah, while I sympathize with what you probably feel, I say that the pity party is now officially over. The past is gone and there's nothing to be done, so suck up the tears and make sure you're ready for tomorrow. You won't be so heroic if you're crying your eyes out during the attack.” Meta ordered, stepping in the middle of the group. He picked the piece of bone from right from Psycho's fingers and said “I need to take to scan this, look over the information that our Rep-man just gave us, and get my weapon in working order. Unless anyone wants to be test subject for a tracking plasma weapon, then I'm going to ask you all to get out and get some sleep, or do whatever you have to do. We'll attack at dawn, though if you hear a big explosion from this workshop, then know that it'll be pushed back to noon.”
 Tysyacha
06-22-2010, 10:09 PM
Lady's Lekku Cantina, Coruscant

Melany heard another fierce crackling on her comlink, this one sounding rather impatient. "Garzo?" came the lovely voice of Jedi Master Yakhta Gara. "Find a room for the night somewhere, perhaps in the Temple. I haven't heard a word about whether the attack on the Gathering Place of the Found has been cleared by the Republic or not, so if there is going to be an offensive, then it's going to be tomorrow. Get some sleep. You're going to need it."

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

"I agree about the need for sleep," Perdante added. "It's been a long day. Plus, who knows what's going to happen tomorrow? This is one of those cases where the enemy is threatening to 'checkmate' every single user of the Force, and not just two or three Jedi or Sith who are considered special threats. If we lose, everyone who is sensitive to the Force will also lose." She sighed. "Murderer or not, I'm glad I have this chance to set things right.

"Juhani? Thank you for showing me the way back to the Light. Meta? Thank you for coming up with 'the Plan' and the device, and I hope it works the way it has to if we're going to succeed. Garren? You have my gratitude for coming closer to killing that psychopath Seeker Adeline than any of us. Psycho? Thank you for helping to keep me sane, or at least willing to stop me if my old Sith Master's voice starts ringing in my head again." She glanced around. "Most of all, thank you, Jolee and Anna, for your ultimate sacrifice."

Perdante crossed her hands over her heart and bowed her head modestly.

"I'll repay you tomorrow. Something tells me the Seeker might not let me go."

"No rest for the weary tonight," mused Seeker Adeline slowly as her followers stared, wide-eyed, into the fluorescent glare of what used to be an ordinary, run-of-the-mill Czerka Corporation headquarters. "It's a side effect of the mineral we're all taking. A small price to pay to be protected from the Force."

She knelt down to pray before a makeshift altar constructed from a podium:

Creator help us, Creator bless us, Creator save us.
The users of the Force are coming to attack.
They are Jedi, and can be found.
Spare their lives, and prompt their hearts to surrender.
If they do not yield, they are just as lost as all the rest.
Creator forgive us all...
So let it be.
 Chevron 7 locke
06-22-2010, 10:53 PM
"Juhani? Thank you for showing me the way back to the Light."

Juhani bowed and then raised her head and smiled at her. "It was not a problem at all. I'm sure that if our positions were reversed you would have done the same thing."

Juhani turned to head toward her quarters but as she walked away a faint blue light appeared in front of her. That blue light took on the shape of a man...a man with a bald head and kind old eyes.

"Well hello there youngsters!"

"Jolee!" Juhani cried happily as she started to try and embrace him in hug only to realize a few seconds before she did that he didn't really have a physical body anymore.

"Ahhh...so this is the young one that you managed to bring back from the darkside." Jolee said giving Perdante a look over. "Congratulations on joining the jedi youngster."

Jolee turned to Juhani and smiled. "I came here to talk to you...Especally you two." He said to Perdante and Juhani, shaking a finger at the two of them. "Juhani...you need to let go of the anger you feel toward my killer. I don't want you going after my killer to take revenge. If your going to go after her then I want you to stop her for the sake of everyone."

"Why? She killed you Jolee! She took your life before I could even say goodbye to you! She deserves to die for what she did to you!" Juhani's voice shook with rage and hatred. "I vowed that I would kill her for you!"

"I don't want that Juhani. I want you to live out your life free of hatred and anger. I don't want you to even come close to falling to the darkside. You and I...well just you really, carry the knowledge and memories of our time with Revan. Promise me Juhani...that you'll let go of your hatred."

Juhani's voice was quiet. "Anything for you Jolee...I promise that I will not let my anger get the better of me when the time comes."

"Thats a good lass. Now...I'd like to talk to your former sith friend in private if you don't mind." Jolee said as he motioned Perdante to come over and talk to him.
 Alkonium
06-22-2010, 11:33 PM
Garren turned to Juhani. "Leave Adeline to me. I've got more of a chance against her, and for me, it's not about revenge." He told her. "We have to be better than that. Otherwise, we're just as bad as them, and better people will eventually come after us."
 Fredi
06-22-2010, 11:54 PM
Fethe returned from the trip he had on Manaan, he returned to the Jedi Academy on Coruscant. Upon his arrival he manages to see the smuggler that gave him the datapad.

“You have returned to the academy, I have just arrived from Manaan, any news on the new threat?”- Fethe asks to the smuggler.
 Tysyacha
06-23-2010, 12:46 AM
Perdante quivered a little bit. She had never actually seen or met a Force Ghost in person, let alone talked to one. Still, she was humbly curious and stepped forward. "Yes?" she asked. "I'm not really one of the Sith anymore...sir."
 SkywalkerRules
06-23-2010, 1:02 AM
((Can I meet up with one of you guys? I ran out of ideas for Melany. All she's doing is getting into trouble. Hopefully, she' ll be on the HoloNet News. :D But seriously, I don't know what to do now.))
 Cyborg Ninja
06-23-2010, 2:08 AM
Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Psycho looked over at Garren and nodded in approval at his request.

"I can back you up but I'm going to need some help." "Do you jedi keep confiscated weapons anywhere?" he asked out loud.

Zen knelt down where he was and joined Adeline in her prayer. While his mouth as saying one thing his mind was thinking something else. He knew it was going to be a tough fight but he couldn't give up. He had to defend his new clan from the cold emotionless jedi. The jedi did nothing for his people the last time and he certainly wasn't going to let them intervene again.
 Writer
06-23-2010, 9:19 AM
It didn't take a Jedi to notice that lightsabers were a touchy subject for Dominic; he'd completely ignored that question. But that was the least of Arai's worries. Why was his presence in the Force so faded? It made reading his shatterpoints much more difficult, though thankfully not impossible.

He was a bit wary of her. There was something he considered very important that he didn't feel as though he could tell her. More than anything, that resistance made her curious. And so, after weighing her options carefully, she laughed out loud.

"Come on, Dom," she said, smiling widely at him. "You turn me down without even hearing what the job is? That's not like you. And besides that, the job is on-planet and I really think you'd enjoy it."
Page: 4 of 6