Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help with RedHawke's Revan/Sith/Bastila Item Pack

Page: 1 of 1
 ginger1718
06-08-2010, 4:51 PM
I am trying to install this, I am using windows 7 64bit. When I use the installer this is what I get in the log (only posting a few so I don't spam the screen but you get the idea) It seems like it is not editing any of the files? I also tried to run it on administrator and it did not work. I tried using the commands on the console in game and it does not work. Thanks.

• A file named bast_lghtsbr1.uti already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...
 RedHawke
06-09-2010, 11:09 AM
When I saw the thread I was all ready to jump in here and try to help you, but I can't help you with troubleshooting installer errors. I didn't make the installer that is Stoffe's area of expertise. Sorry. :(
 jonathan7
06-09-2010, 11:22 AM
When I saw the thread I was all ready to jump in here and try to help you, but I can't help you with troubleshooting installer errors. I didn't make the installer that is Stoffe's area of expertise. Sorry. :(

It's actually more of an issue with the newer version of windows and the silly way they install things using admin privileges.

@ginger1718 This particular error;

• A file named bast_lghtsbr1.uti already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

Is because there is already a file named that installed in the Override folder, IIRC there are two locations you need to modify to get mods working although I don't have Windows 7 so I can't look into it personally for you!
 Qui-Gon Glenn
06-10-2010, 9:17 PM
I haven't installed either KotOR yet on my new win7 rig (ME2 time ;) ) I have had it installed and working with mods on win7x64.

Astrotoy7 or Evil Q might be able to better help you in the Workbench area, but I will see if I can recall correctly...

You must have, of course, installed the game as an administrator, and also installed any subsequent mods as an admin. Everything must be done as an admin, so do it preemptively by right-clicking to "Run as administrator". For proper installation of the games in Vista/7, please see The Workbench Vista/7 Install Guide (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=194324). To Astro and Q listen you should, hehhehe.

The other part of this puzzle is to make sure that your game folder is not marked as Read Only. Go to your game folder, usually C:/Program Files/Lucasarts/...

I would stop your navigation at the Lucasarts folder. Any LA games you have will need patching ( :ugh: ) so you may as well unlock them all... Go to folder properties, and un-tick the "Folder is Read-Only" box. This should apply automatically down the line to all sub-folders, ie swkotor, but double check and make sure that the game folders are no longer read-only.

Then, IIRC, you should be good to go!

EDIT: if the mod seems to install just fine with the exception of that file, this is not a problem. Simply go into the tslpatchdata folder of the RH mod, and copy the bast_lghtsbr1.uti from the patchdata folder to your override. :)
Page: 1 of 1