Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

TSL Restored Content Mod Question (and other mods)

Page: 1 of 1
 beretta
06-01-2010, 3:59 PM
Im just starting play KOTORII again but this time using TSL Restored Content Mod (1.5). How can you be sure your mods are working? Is there anything at the peragus mining station that is only in the Restored mod?

Beretta.
 VarsityPuppet
06-01-2010, 4:09 PM
There's no new content in Peragus in the TSLRCM 1.5

There may be some in 1.6 though.
 beretta
06-01-2010, 4:19 PM
Thanks for the quick reply :)
 Lord of Hunger
06-01-2010, 4:57 PM
FYI, the best way to test whether or not a mod is incompatible with TSLRCM is by putting its files into your override and then undoing the change with "control + z". If anything was going to overwrite, then it is incompatible unless you are using the TSL Patcher in which case it is less likely to be incompatible.
 Zhaboka
06-02-2010, 1:27 PM
There may be some in 1.6 though.

Excuse me? There's going to be a 1.6? Deadly Stream has been down a lot recently, so I have no idea what's going on...
 VarsityPuppet
06-02-2010, 3:14 PM
Excuse me? There's going to be a 1.6? Deadly Stream has been down a lot recently, so I have no idea what's going on...

That's because the server sucks, I guess.

And yes, a 1.6
 lxlg
06-04-2010, 2:17 PM
Anyone know of any other mods that restore content that TSLRCM doesn't? I know there's another mod for M4-78. Also does TSLRCM restore the sparing between the exile and Visas that is watched by Kreia?
 Phildevil
06-04-2010, 7:21 PM
Anyone know of any other mods that restore content that TSLRCM doesn't?
TSLRP, altough don't expect-it to come by any sooner. Anyway, there's not that much differences.

I know there's another mod for M4-78.
If you mean a mod that makes both compatible... meh, nope, doesn't work. Some claims that it does, but until RCM's staff says it does, you may be better not to screw around with that stuff.

Also does TSLRCM restore the sparing between the exile and Visas that is watched by Kreia?
Yup, altough it's kind of hard to get-it. Basically, get 3 reg un-modded sabers and share one with Visas.
 VarsityPuppet
06-04-2010, 7:24 PM
Anyone know of any other mods that restore content that TSLRCM doesn't? I know there's another mod for M4-78. Also does TSLRCM restore the sparing between the exile and Visas that is watched by Kreia?

Yes, my Modules tweak pack is a mixture of restored content and... well fixed content. Look for it on Kotorfiles.com

EDIT: It's in my signature below.
 lxlg
06-05-2010, 2:53 AM
Right now I'm rebuilding my override folder for like the fifth time this week. I kept having weird things happening with HK-47's factory quest. I'm almost certain that was caused by trying to use the whole TSL Holowan plugin with other stuff on top.

So I was thinking about installing the TSLRCM first put the other mods in then run the TSL patcher verison of the TSLRCM again. OR maybe just installing the TSL Patcher verison of TSLRCM after anything else. Not sure yet since I'm still sorting through the mods from the holowan plugin that I actually use.
 Darth Cryptic
06-05-2010, 9:28 AM
lxlg the RCM instructions say to install that first thing after the official patches. that way all the other mods you install will build on top of the 'good' framework.
 lxlg
06-05-2010, 11:15 AM
I know problem is one or two of the 2da files conflict along with the global.jrl file. And the other mods don't use TSL patcher.
 VarsityPuppet
06-05-2010, 11:52 AM
Right now I'm rebuilding my override folder for like the fifth time this week. I kept having weird things happening with HK-47's factory quest. I'm almost certain that was caused by trying to use the whole TSL Holowan plugin with other stuff on top.

So I was thinking about installing the TSLRCM first put the other mods in then run the TSL patcher verison of the TSLRCM again. OR maybe just installing the TSL Patcher verison of TSLRCM after anything else. Not sure yet since I'm still sorting through the mods from the holowan plugin that I actually use.

What's the problem exactly?
 lxlg
06-05-2010, 12:52 PM
After defeating a HK-50 squad if I don't switch from the PC to the other party member HK-47 doesn't rejoin the party after the fight.

After beating 3 HK-50 squads HK-47's dialog on the ebon hawk for the quest doesn't update even though quest journal does and he never interrogates a HK-50 for the location.
 VarsityPuppet
06-05-2010, 1:16 PM
Hmm, that is indeed a problem. I thought you were going to indicate that the problem was with the HK factory itself... guess not tee hee.

Normally, there would be a place to post bugs like this, but the TSLRCM host site, DeadlyStream is down at the moment... it does that every once in a while.
 lxlg
06-05-2010, 2:46 PM
Yeah, so until their forums are back up I've been piecing my override folder back together hoping to avoid these issues again.
 Jaymen
06-05-2010, 11:55 PM
im having a similar problem where my journal doesn't update for the hk factory passsed the first squad of hk assassins.
Page: 1 of 1