Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dialogue fix for Red Hawke's Make Mission a Jedi Mod

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth GSJ
05-09-2010, 11:53 PM
This has to be one of my favorite Mods. I give RH props for it, but I always thought the dialogue seemed a bit choppy and rushed. Here is an updated and cleaned up dlg file that has a more cohesive dialogue between the characters. Take a look and let me know what you think, it's my very first mod....

LINK TO PATCH FOR MAKE MISSION A JEDI MOD

Sith Holocron
05-10-2010, 12:49 AM
Did you have Redhawke's permission to do this?
 RedHawke
05-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Nope, none asked for, none given.

Darth GSJ, around here you need to secure permission before you do something like this. Why we have the get permission rule is about respect. I'll reprint it here...

5. Get permission before using someone elses work
Most modders have no problem with people using some or all of their work for other projects, but some do. As a courtesy to the authors of other mods, please get permission to use their work with your own. This will prevent any hard feelings. Threads that discuss/link to mods that use other mods without permission will be locked and the links to said mods removed. That includes uploading someone else's work on another site.

From Holowan Laboratories: Forum Rules and Etiquette (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=127725), and yes those rules apply here. You would be well advised to read our rules before you post anything else for download though, it can save you any further issues like this.

Edit: Now for my personal statements about this, I'm sorry but even if you asked me privately to do something like this I wouldn't have given you permission for release. As this is essentially, at its core, re-working another persons mod to your personal liking and releasing it, and because of issues from the past I simply deny permissions for this kind of thing anymore. Sorry but some very bad apples in the past soured me on this for life.

I'm also sorry that this is your first experience around here releasing something, I hope it doesn't discourage you from sticking around here as new mod makers are always wanted, but my personal feelings and policy on this matter have a very, very good reason for existing.
Page: 1 of 1