Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Modules of KotOR I & II ?

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord Revan57
05-09-2010, 3:32 PM
Good evening! I'm new here, but I've been lurking for some time now. Much thanks to Fred Tetra and all the other program developers.

However, I have a question. I'm looking to make a KOTOR I based Mod, but it requires using a few KOTOR II modules. Is this possible? If so, where can I find a tutorial?

Thanks! And God bless you.

May the Force be with you.
 Holty1-5
05-09-2010, 3:53 PM
Yeah....... i'm pretty sure thats classed as Porting which is not Allowed by law

Sorry
 Sith Holocron
05-09-2010, 4:03 PM
Lord Revan 57,

Welcome to the Star Wars Knights boards! The official ruling on this can be found on the Forums Rules and Guidelines (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=169078).

Rule 7 of Holowan Laboratories states:
7. Mods containing assets (models, textures, sounds, etc.) ported from another game are prohibited

It is against Lucasarts policy to port assets from one game to another. Holowan Laboratories does not condone porting of this nature, and moderators will close or delete any thread or posts discussing such mods, even if it is for your own personal use. The exception to this is if the asset in question is present in both KOTOR and TSL. Modders may create from scratch mods that resemble assets from another game.

(That's where the "illegal" part comes in.)
 Lord Revan57
05-09-2010, 5:52 PM
Ah, I see. Forgive me for not checking the official rules on this. :)

Well, the idea I have in mind is porting a Malachor map to KotOR I. Would this be acceptable? As I understand it, Malachor is part of the greater SW universe, and thus, I see no problem against it.

If I am wrong, please correct me.

Thanks for your time. Cheers.

~Revan
 MishraArtificer
05-09-2010, 6:03 PM
Ah, I see. Forgive me for not checking the official rules on this. :)

Well, the idea I have in mind is porting a Malachor map to KotOR I. Would this be acceptable? As I understand it, Malachor is part of the greater SW universe, and thus, I see no problem against it.

If I am wrong, please correct me.

Thanks for your time. Cheers.

~RevanIt's part of the greater Star Wars universe, yes, but it's also part of another company's IP. The best you can do in this case is rebuild it from scratch.
 Lord Revan57
05-09-2010, 6:15 PM
Ah. O.O Well then.. any tips on custom building modules? All the tuts I've found are for changing textures on present modules.
 Canderis
05-09-2010, 6:20 PM
 jonathan7
05-09-2010, 7:03 PM
This thread is locked Porting is illegal and the discussion is not allowed on here as per forum rules already posted by Sith Holocron.

If you intend to make the module from scratch based on Malachor, you may find the following tutorials helpful; Click Me (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=195385) and Click Me (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=184166) -- j7
Page: 1 of 1