Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Modding crew Team Weasel (Recruiting)

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Weasel
04-27-2010, 9:18 PM
Alright so I've been modding for myself for a long time, but I've just recently started modding for the community here. What I've found is that the more complex mods (Such as my TC mod for Kotor 2) require a lot of skill. The more I mod, the better I get but still there are some aspects of modding I really have been having a tough time with. Hence the idea behind Team Weasel was born.

Right now what we need is:

A decent scripter
Somebody to make new textures
Somebody to make new models
Voice Actors, but I wouldn't worry about that until I'm at the final stages in some of my mods.

I probably could learn to do these things on my own, but that would take a lot of time to get skilled enough to actually put it into something released. Also I feel that these mods could be a lot better quality if we actually had people who knew what they were doing. Anybody who wants to join, let me know.
 Holty1-5
04-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Maybe you should also state what you your self can do :D
 logan23
04-28-2010, 1:36 PM
I will mention it takes around 8-10 months for the learning curve on a project like this.

I notice the position of scripter. This one I'm afraid will have to be done by you sine its a skill that is hard to come by and takes time to learn and get good at. On the bright side if you are the scripter for your own project you do have more control on the building of the content and also the understanding of the game mechanics.

You can reach out to individuals here like myself who have experience in scripting for advice and tips but don't expect anyone to take the position since again most of those who have experience in this area are due to taking on projects of our own where we did our own scripting in term had a personal investment in the success of the project.

Don't rush with a project like this since there is no way around it, you are taking on a year long plus project. Take this time to feel out and learn from any mistakes, trust me i did my far share of learning by making mistakes-learning curve, you can take this time with the learning to see what might need to be stream lined and removed as well as what works and what can be expanded on with the least amount of production time and headaches/bugs.

Good luck

Logan
 Darth Weasel
04-28-2010, 9:54 PM
Maybe you should also state what you your self can do

Well I can do most things needed to make a mod. I can make modules, scripts, dialog, and a plot/idea. There are only 3 reasons I need a modding crew.

1. It seems that scripting is destined to be my worst enemy. I can do it, but it takes a really long time and I often find myself unable to script what I want to happen until I go through the functions about 15 times.

2. I can't make models or textures for crap, although eventually I might get good at it.

3. If I can find somebody who is good at this right from the start, I can get this mod done with a far better quality.

I will mention it takes around 8-10 months for the learning curve on a project like this.

I notice the position of scripter. This one I'm afraid will have to be done by you sine its a skill that is hard to come by and takes time to learn and get good at. On the bright side if you are the scripter for your own project you do have more control on the building of the content and also the understanding of the game mechanics.

You can reach out to individuals here like myself who have experience in scripting for advice and tips but don't expect anyone to take the position since again most of those who have experience in this area are due to taking on projects of our own where we did our own scripting in term had a personal investment in the success of the project.

Don't rush with a project like this since there is no way around it, you are taking on a year long plus project. Take this time to feel out and learn from any mistakes, trust me i did my far share of learning by making mistakes-learning curve, you can take this time with the learning to see what might need to be stream lined and removed as well as what works and what can be expanded on with the least amount of production time and headaches/bugs.

Good luck

Logan

I think I may have caused some confusion when I said I needed a "Decent Scripter." I didn't mean somebody to write all the scripts for me, I just mean someone who can work out an error here or there in the scripts I write that don't seem to work. I can't expect somebody to do all of the scripting for me, because I know from first hand experience how difficult scripting really can be. Also I'm not trying to rush this, it's just that I've been progressing really, really slowly due to the trouble I've been having with bugs, so I'm hoping that as I'm working out those bugs somebody else could be working out my script errors, or models or something.
Page: 1 of 1