Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Tougher fight against strong NPC?

Page: 1 of 1
 Queen of Night
04-26-2010, 7:03 PM
I want to make my NPC's hard to fight but what values I have to change lest the fight is so tepid? In the tutorials I have found nothing to it.

So far the fighting rather short and simple, not a hard opponent.

Thanks for the help
 newbiemodder
04-27-2010, 9:27 AM
Basically turn everything up a notch--wisdom, intelligence, strength, fortitude, etc...also increase the difficulty level...increase the natural armor...trial and error really.
 GeorgNihilus
04-27-2010, 6:45 PM
Problem is it depends on which NPC you want to turn harder, it's not the same to increase a Dark Jedi stats than a droid or a beast for example.

Open the utc file through KotorTool, lets say we want to boost up a human mercenary soldier stats (no force powers then). For a "slight" increase of this soldier's fight capabilities try this:

1) Go to the Statistics tab, increase the Strength, Dexterity and Constitution in +2.
2) Increase in +2 or +3 each of the Saves values (fortitude, reflex, will)
3) Increase the Armor Class value in +1 (this one affects A LOT how hard is the NPC to be damaged by attacks)
4) Increase the Base hitpoints and Max hitpoints in 25 or 30% of the values found there (if it has 20 type 28 or 30 for example) (hitpoints reflect the basic health of the NPC).
5) Now click on the Advanced Tab of the utc window and increase the Challenge rating in 3 for example.
6) finally click on the Feats Tab to add new Feats to make your soldier more capable with certain weapons, add skills and a whole lot of things ... i.e, for a soldier equipped with a blaster rifle it'd be nice (for him :D) to have better firing capabilities, so click on the Rapid Shot, Sniper Shot, Power blast, Weapon Proficiency and Weapon Focus Blaster Rifles, Targeting I, Targeting II, Precise shot I, II, III and that kind of feats (of course these feats depend A LOT on the level of your NPC, if you are with a level 24 mandalorian soldier adding just Rapid Shot and Sniper Shot won't help much obviously ;P and he's gonna need much much more). Add melee weapons feats if he has an alternative melee weapon too. And so on ...

Copy to override folder or pack in a module and fight him, if he's still weak keep adding feats and increasing the stats, and careful with the Armor Class boost :raise: ...

hope that helps :)
 Queen of Night
04-28-2010, 5:09 AM
@Georg and newbie:

I've done everything (and with the beasts), but somehow, the fight is still too easy even if you play Normal or a harder Game.
 GeorgNihilus
04-28-2010, 10:19 AM
@Georg and newbie:

I've done everything (and with the beasts), but somehow, the fight is still too easy even if you play Normal or a harder Game.
That's because you are still playing with the old savegame, which was saved with the default uti files values in it. Remember savegames record all the uti, utc, utd, utm, etc etc files that were in your Override folder at the moment you save.
You need to start playing from an old savedgame BEFORE you edited the uti files :) or just start a new game of course.

and also set the Gameplay Option of the menu to Difficult.

that should do it :thmbup1:
 Queen of Night
04-29-2010, 3:46 AM
Because it could be you. If for my mod is finished I will sometimes see with what level is appropriate would be to go on this little planet.

Thank you for your help both.
Page: 1 of 1