Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

GamePro Cover for May 4th features Force Unleashed 2

Page: 1 of 1
 Harkonnen07
04-23-2010, 12:30 AM
http://cdn1.gamepro.com/article_img/gamepro/214934-1.jpg?rand=8FF23BC7-A17F-733E-26EEF8C92DD682B2)

The June 2010 issue of GamePro ships to subscribers this week, and fittingly, given the cover subject will be on newsstands May 4. (C'mon... you don't get that joke? May the fourth be with you?)

Our cover story is an exclusive look behind the scenes at Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2. The game's leads, Haden Blackman and Julio Torres discuss their vision for the franchise, the problems with the original, its critical reception, and the challenges of developing new storylines in the Star Wars universe. We also learn why feathered hats, Wookiee-based superhero games and daddy issues were instrumental in the creation of the new franchise.

We may finally be getting some news on the game.
 Ser'eck
04-23-2010, 1:19 AM
Sweet! Thanks for sharing Harkonnen07

To add to this topic Star Wars Insider #117, last page, previews the next issue to feature TFU2.

What it says about it> "STARKILLER STRIKES BACK! THE MAKING OF STAR WARS: THE FORCE UNLEASHED 2"

SWI #118
US Newsstands: June 16
UK Newsstands: June 24
 Darth Eclipse
04-23-2010, 9:21 AM
Awesome.
 Shem
04-23-2010, 1:02 PM
I'm sure any information given in the magazine will be on the official site as well. Anyway, it's great to finally hear more after the teaser trailer over four months ago.
 GalenMarek
04-28-2010, 12:25 PM
 Alexrd
04-28-2010, 2:57 PM
So, it looks like it's not Galen Marek after all, but a clone.
 GalenMarek
04-28-2010, 3:01 PM
but his mind didn't changed. probably his sould traveled to the new body(just like palpatin's soul after the film), becouse he has broken parts from his former life
 Zwier Zak
04-28-2010, 4:53 PM
Yep. Looks like a clone. What a mind%%%%. ;/ No to mention the double saber back grip... :raise:
 JediSithLordAdas
04-29-2010, 12:49 AM
can we get some images of inside the magazine on the game, with notes
 Harkonnen07
04-29-2010, 1:39 AM
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_ZH49orvYrMc/S9g8Ii8EY1I/AAAAAAAABDY/VLqOT2CkfEA/s640/THEFORCE) UNLEASHEDII4.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_ZH49orvYrMc/S9g8P0oCLcI/AAAAAAAABDs/mOH28nN8iQE/s640/THEFORCE) UNLEASHEDII6.JPG

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_ZH49orvYrMc/S9g8Bf4WuDI/AAAAAAAABDE/SXH4R-4w_jM/s640/THEFORCE) UNLEASHEDII9.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_ZH49orvYrMc/S9g8DaHk7zI/AAAAAAAABDI/FWqm0SgYUOo/s640/THEFORCE) UNLEASHEDII8.JPG

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_ZH49orvYrMc/S9g8NIW2EgI/AAAAAAAABDk/QzKQWPrapRc/s640/THEFORCE) UNLEASHEDII12.JPG

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_ZH49orvYrMc/S9g8KmQgFLI/AAAAAAAABDc/V8yohu7SBlU/s640/THEFORCE) UNLEASHEDII10.JPG

Here's a rough translation from what I saw on the one site with the pics.

"You're still not started to run towards the booth nearest to you to buy the magazine? Not good, because it's worth, at least for the magnificent double-sided poster, with Starkiller and Vader who are posing on Kamino. Level Info: This new album will correct the mistakes of the previous (as usual!). History: Vader wants to keep his apprentice Jedi favorite despite the incidents of the first game, and decides to ... cloned! On Kamino, Gaalen Maarek (the EU enthusiasts understand) learns the truth of the mouth (or respirator) Vader. Normal, have memories of a life that has not experienced (Juno. ..), it must be weird. And what would happen, happened: he fled (and en route, he will probably kill half a million Stormtroopers). The program also, and Cato Neimoidia gladiatorial arena (with the huge corny the trailer, the Morloch). Starkiller will begin searching for the unknown beauty of his memories, Juno, and to succeed, it needs the help of General Kota, who would rather hire more killing machine for the Rebels. No wonder ... And finally, the best quality images, it's here:"
 TKA-001
04-29-2010, 12:05 PM
Yep. Looks like a clone. What a mind%%%%. ;/ No to mention the double saber back grip... :raise:
I'm going to sit on an "I told you so" post until this is more definitively confirmed.
 Harkonnen07
04-29-2010, 2:03 PM
I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not.

At least its better then the Emperor and Vader appearing incompetent by declaring him dead, while there standing over him.
 LordOfTheFish
04-29-2010, 5:07 PM
I'm glad he is only a clone, otherwise the story wouldn't make any sense.
 Blix
04-29-2010, 11:10 PM
It looks like he is fighting like Komari Vosa...
 Harkonnen07
04-29-2010, 11:19 PM
It looks like he is fighting like Komari Vosa...

I'd like to say that I know who that is, but my knowledge of the EU isn't as large as I'd like.

I'm glad he is only a clone, otherwise the story wouldn't make any sense.

I agree, it's the best solution.
 Ser'eck
04-30-2010, 12:39 AM
Even though that a clone is the best solution, I still have to shake my head over the clone obsession.
 JediAthos
04-30-2010, 12:54 AM
Even though that a clone is the best solution, I still have to shake my head over the clone obsession.

Yeah...they do seem to be milking that for all its worth, but given that Palpatine had multiple clones of himself if you read the books I'm not surprised that this is the route they went. It really is the only "sensible" way to bring Galen back.
 GalenMarek
04-30-2010, 3:29 AM
 Zwier Zak
04-30-2010, 5:51 AM
Thanks man. To bad they didn't say anything about a PC version.
 LordOfTheFish
04-30-2010, 9:03 AM

Right now I think Lucas Arts is sort of under the gun to produce something until the TV show gets underway. Seems to me they are simply resorting to anything that gets hype, regardless if it means doing something as desperate as cloning Starkiller.
 JediAthos
04-30-2010, 9:08 AM
Well..it they don't clean up the gameplay this time around the only hype they'll be getting after release will be of the negative variety. At any rate I'll still end up playing it.
 LordOfTheFish
04-30-2010, 1:05 PM
I think they have in way run out of ideas. Not to mention that in my opinion they are rushing this project. I would rather wait and have a high quality game then have yet another mediocre action game.
 Harkonnen07
04-30-2010, 2:31 PM
For those of you wanting to go in not knowing the beginning skip that. I heard there are spoilers.
 MajinMikeyX
05-09-2010, 6:14 PM
Man did you guys read everything in the Gamepro? They don't say directly "He is a clone in this game"

My hope is that it's not a clone because Starkiller is a great character and playing as a 'copy' of him would be weird. But just look at the evidence that Starkiller being a clone isn't set in stone.

Quotes from the article:
"Starkiller can't bring himself to strike Juno down, and he doesn't know understand why. Vader then tells Starkiller that he's a clone and that the accelerated cloning process to re-create him so quickly has gone wrong, and that's why he's having trouble."

He "tells" him that he's a clone. This wouldn't be the first time for Vader to lie to Starkiller.

"Vader also reveals that there have been a number of clones before him, and all of the previous copies have gone mad.

Okay, maybe so, but that doesn't mean the Starkiller that Vader's telling this to is a clone too. Vader could just be telling him this because he's probably tried making clones using Starkiller as a template but they've failed, and since Starkiller doesn't know at the moment what's true or not Vader tells him this information just to sell the deception.

"But all Starkiller wants to do is find Juno and find some clarity on whether he really is a clone or whether he's really mentally unstable."

See, there's the question if he is or not. They're not telling if he is or not so we shouldn't immediately assume he's a clone for 100% sure.

"The daddy issues continue when Kota casts doubt on whether Starkiller's really a clone, revealing that no one has ever successfully cloned a Jedi. "Kota gets very frustrated during this exchange and starts to chide Starkiller for wanting to go and meditate and shirk his responsibilities to the Alliance," Blackman says."

Kota has doubt that Starkiller's a clone and says that nobody's cloned a Jedi right before. And he 'reveals' this information, which may show that the player is supposed to believe Starkiller to be a clone at first but then it's revealed that he isn't one. This idea of mine can backfire since it says Kota gets frustrated, which says he chides Starkiller for wanting to meditate, kinda jumped there out of nowhere/ My first interpretation of his frustration was he was like " *kota thinks to himself* "Could he really be a clone?" " or something like that.

"Though it takes place only six months after the events of the original game, the narrative gives a real sense that Starkiller is a more powerful force - and a more mature character, too."

If it was a clone, it wouldn't make sense AT ALL as to WHY that Starkiller gives the sense that he's more powerful and more mature, it just wouldn't make sense. Think about this, Vader trained Starkiller from a little boy to an adult in the story from the first game for him to get as powerful as he was at the point where Starkiller is sent to kill Rahm Kota at the Tie Fighter facility, pretty much Starkiller's whole life. Then as the story progressed he becomes much more powerful. He then "dies" in the canon ending. Well, in TFU2, how in the world would a clone, who's had AT THE MOST 6 months training under Vader feel more powerful than the original from TFU1, who's had I don't really know but I'll estimate 15-?? years training. There's no possible way, how do you explain that? That's even more unbelievable than Starkiller not dying in at the end of TFU1 and returning in TFU2. So, it must be the ORIGINAL, not a clone.

We don't know who's right, Me or everyone else, but I'd say that at this point, it's a 50% chance it's the original Starkiller and another 50% that says he's a clone, we won't know for sure until later this year, and when the game comes out. I just hope I'm right, since it would be more interesting to me, and I hope other people see my way of thinking.
 Ser'eck
05-10-2010, 12:04 AM
My question about the matter is, since he was "cloned" on Kamino, how could he be at the same age in only six months? Isn't the cloning facilities on Kamino only capable of cloning a person 2x the normal growth? So if Vader cloned Starkiller right away and TFU2 is six months later this would make the clone only 1 year old!

Sounds fishy to me.
 JediAthos
05-10-2010, 12:44 AM
let the baseless theories and speculation run rampant...I prefer not to speculate myself...I find it to be a waste of time. I will likely play the game when it comes out...at some point and then I will lay down my judgment.

Personally...neither theory is "believable" imho...but then as I swear LucasArts has a dartboard with which they decide plot elements and canon retcons...I find it amusing and disturbing at the same time.
 Shem
05-10-2010, 1:47 AM
@MajinMikeyX:

I've already thought of some of things you pointed out, but I'm not going to push that those types of theories for the time being. Like they may rewrite the rules about how long it takes to grow a clone now and that they can now successfully clone a Jedi.

But if you want to think about things; if he truly is a clone, then why do the writers talk as if Starkiller is now older and more mature?

Or why does Starkiller have memories of Juno? You would think Vader would be smart enough NOT to insert those types of memories in a clone.

Is this the best way the writers can logically explain how Starkiller is still alive and how he escapes? If you want to look at a minor thing, why does he carry blue lightsabers instead of red if he's supposed to serve Vader assuming he's still a clone?

I do agree something seems out of place with this whole thing, but I'm not going to bank on it for the time being that we're going to get a twist in the story and we learn he really is Starkiler later in the story.
 MajinMikeyX
05-10-2010, 2:44 AM
Yeah I agree 100% with you Shem.

But still I'm not gonna bank on it either since I might be completely wrong and he ends up being a clone after all(please Lucasarts don't do this to me..) and everything I pointed out had no meaning at all.

No doubt I'm getting the game within the first week or so though I just can't wait to see how the plot ends up and how the new gameplay elements are :]
 Alexrd
05-10-2010, 6:16 AM
What's the problem of him being a clone? It's the only possible (non-surreal) explanation that can make you play as Starkiller again on this second game.
 adamqd
05-10-2010, 1:06 PM
I'd rather have the Force Ghost of Revan come down and Mystically bring him back to life than this damn clone business, lose the science bring back the magic.
 MajinMikeyX
05-10-2010, 7:11 PM
What's the problem of him being a clone? It's the only possible (non-surreal) explanation that can make you play as Starkiller again on this second game.

Non-surreal? How's it non-surreal if clones have grown for the assumed 6 months since the first TFU and he's the age he is now as a clone? 6 months for him to be 20-something years in age physically? 6 months for him to "have the sense of being a more powerful force" than the first game? I'm not saying that it being the original Starkiller is non-surreal, but it's definitely more realistic(Starwars wise) since the same basically happened to Revan in the KotOR games. Who knows, maybe they're using that as a base, that Starkiller was "killed" but brought back to life with a reprogrammed identity but he still has memories of his past but is told he's a clone. Kinda like Revan, believes himself to be a Scout, Soldier, Scoundrel, or whatever but has memories of his past still and later finds out he was Darth Revan. Nobody knows except Lucasarts and GL himself.
 Shem
05-11-2010, 2:17 AM
Some of the reactions I'm seeing about making Starkiller a clone is exactly what I thought would happen. I figured that one day this game would have a sequel because of the success of the first game well over a year ago, so I thought it would be fun to think of a way to bring Starkiller back in original form:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=196484)

I would have thought that the writers would be smart enough to know that it would be very dangerous in terms of the success of the sequel to not use a clone when the idea was ever brought up.

Now, if they do make it a story twist that the original Starkiller thinks he maybe a clone is one thing that would redeem this idea, but again don't count on it since there is still a lot of information about this game we don't know about.
 JediAthos
05-13-2010, 6:41 AM
I would have thought that the writers would be smart enough to know that it would be very dangerous in terms of the success of the sequel to not use a clone when the idea was ever brought up.

Please reference my dart board theory above :)
Page: 1 of 1