Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Last Sith

Page: 1 of 1
 CiPS192
04-19-2010, 2:29 PM
The Last Sith

Twelve years have passed since the Exile confronted Kreia on Malachor V. The battle ended with Kreia's death because she posed too great a threat.
Afterward , the Exile returned to Coruscant , where he helped rebuild the Jedi Order. The new Order was designed to be more moderate in its teachings and the Exile personally tought his apprentices to be more flexible , seeking to avoid a new Jedi Civil War.
The Republic slowly recovered from the long war , and a new golden age seemed at hand. In order to secure their new-found peace , the Republic sent the 7th Fleet , under the command of Jedi Master Tayla Hanamgan , to a distant corner of the galaxy , where Darth Revan was rumored to have gone after the battle at the Starforge.Their mission was to seek out Revan and capture him. Only when the last sith was apprehended could the Republic rest easy.
You are a young Jedi Padawan , apprentice to Master Tayla. As you meditate in your rooma on the fleet's capital ship , the Phoenix , you realize that the task ahead of you will not be an easy one...

Ok. So this is the setting of the mod. As you may have realized for yourself me and my friend assumed that Revan reclaimed the title of Dark Lord , and the Exile saved the Republic.
Well , I suppose a bit of an introduction is necessary. My name is Sandu(family name) Ciprian(last name) , I am from Romania and I will be (more or less) in charge of the modding part. My friend Macri Matei(Matthew) will be in charge of story and dialogue. I , personally have to admit that I am pretty new to modding , but in a week or so I'm going to present a pre-alpha (or name it as you wish) with the prologue on the Phoenix(the three modules from the Harbinger).

I'll post on Hollowan as well , but can someone give me a tip(a detailed one) about adding the name string(character's name) to a dialog and how to make dialog different depending on the characters gender.

I'll keep you up to date.

PS : I know it's a hell of a lot of work , and I could use all the help that I can get. From tutoring , to remodeling to you-name-it , anything is welcome. I am a bit of a quick study so I am confident I'll get the hang of it pretty fast.
 Lord of Hunger
04-19-2010, 3:21 PM
Hello, just a few friendly tips:

1) This thread belongs in the Holowan Labs forum. Taris Upper City Emporium is for finished mods. Not to worry, a moderator will probably move it soon.

2) This sounds like a Total Conversion. Unfortunately there are a lot of people attempting Total Conversions and these teams often fail due to the fact that it is such a big project. Thus, you are likely to not get a lot of personal help and will more likely be redirected to the tutorials. Therefore, I recommend you build smaller mods to start with before beginning a large project like this.

Best of luck,

LOH
 Holty1-5
04-19-2010, 3:27 PM
dialog and how to make dialog different depending on the characters gender.

Check some of the scripts that are already in game like the one on Malacor when Atton can DIe and there are two different Lines for Male and Female and Just copy the name of the Script in the "Script that Checks if it avalible" Or somthing

Hope that Helps :D
 CiPS192
04-19-2010, 3:51 PM
Thx Holty1-5. I'll see what I can find.

LoH , I know it's a big project , but I'll try my best. I know these TC's have a high failure chance , but I'm gonna try nonetheless. Anyway , you are polite and mean well , so thumbs up:D
 Lord of Hunger
04-19-2010, 3:57 PM
LoH , I know it's a big project , but I'll try my best. I know these TC's have a high failure chance , but I'm gonna try nonetheless. Anyway , you are polite and mean well , so thumbs up:D
Thank you, I try to be so with new community members. And as long as you understand what you are getting into, then all is well.
 Dak Drexl
04-20-2010, 8:40 PM
As Lord of Hunger said, TC's have a very high "Fail rate" if you would. However, I always like to see optimistic people make an attempt at one. I wish you luck with this :thmbup1:

Also,
can someone give me a tip(a detailed one) about adding the name string(character's name) to a dialog

If I understand your question right, you can simply put "<FullName>" (without quotes) where you want the character's name to appear.

Good luck once again, and HAVE FUN! :)
 Prime
04-22-2010, 9:18 AM
First moved the thread from the release forum here, but I see there are two threads relating to this, so I'll close this one...
Page: 1 of 1