Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Game is slowing down

Page: 1 of 1
 harIII
04-14-2010, 3:10 PM
Does anyone know why my TSL might be slowing down at the main menu but running normal in game? I have all my files I'm working with for Shadows of the Empire in the Override, a few movies, around 30 to 40 modules, and some music. Any idea what's going on?
 GeorgNihilus
04-14-2010, 5:28 PM
Hmm I have an 808 MB movies folder, a 348 MB Override folder heavily modded and a 929 MB Saves folder and no delays at all, and I'm using an old GeForce 7600GT card.
And 20 additional modules in Modules folder.

Maybe the saves will have something to do with it :raise: just a guess ... how many saves do you have in Saves folder? :)
 harIII
04-14-2010, 6:05 PM
not nearly that many, I keep it less than 10
 Hope Estheim
04-14-2010, 10:21 PM
It might be the fact that you're using a mod? I'm not really sure... but a lot of stuff can be fixed by removing mods lol
 harIII
04-14-2010, 11:43 PM
Well the problem is that I have to have these files in place because otherwise I couldn't work on Shadows of the Empire.
 Star Admiral
04-15-2010, 12:54 PM
Does the Shadows of the Empire mod change any of the smoke textures on the main screen? Before I got a better graphics card, the main menu used to drag more than the game itself if I enabled AA with all the smoke swirling around. Apart from that, not sure what else would cause this. :confused:

- Star Admiral
 harIII
04-15-2010, 12:59 PM
If I have I don't recall doing it, I did turn the graphic settings to the lowest option and it still drug but not as bad.
Page: 1 of 1