Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Krome Studios loses TFU2 contract?

Page: 1 of 1
 DelBosska
04-09-2010, 4:02 AM
...anyone have any more details about it?

Seen this mentioned on a post on a gamer site...

"Apparently they lost the contract to Force Unleashed 2 because of crap review scores on other titles (among other things), but instead of holding an inquest into the leadership teams behind these titles, they released guys who were only following what their team leaders wanted anyway. So upper management and team leaders made scapegoats out of these guys to cover their own asses and will never be held accountable. Its much easier to do this than change your own attitude."

link: http://www.tsumea.com/australasia/australia/news/180210/blade-kitten-is-coming-to-the-playstation-network-very-soon-now?page=3#comment-44079)
 timpbader
04-09-2010, 8:29 AM
If this is the case, then I would not expect to see TFU2 anytime this year. I would think it would stall the games development for months until new contracts with other companies can be negotiated!
 Shem
04-09-2010, 9:55 PM
If this is the case, then I would not expect to see TFU2 anytime this year."Much to learn you still have."

Krome, studios was responsible for TFU to be released on the Wii, PS2, and PSP consoles. It had nothing to do with the releases on the PS3 and Xbox 360 consoles.
 Ghost
04-10-2010, 1:53 AM
IDC about Krome Studios for I used the PS3 Version, however Lucas Arts had better keep the developers of PS3 or I bet that this new game will suck
 LordOfTheFish
04-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Well I care, because I own the Wii version and I don't have another system to buy it for. My computer really isn't in good enough shape to run it either.

Welcome to the forums BTW DelBosska! :)
 jrrtoken
04-12-2010, 6:00 PM
Good; maybe LucasArts can finally hire a competent studio to handle the port to lower-tier platforms. I think I don't have to mention Krome's impersonal and sloppy job that was the Wii port, or the inflexible monolith that was Aspyr's PC port (Though, due to past experiences, I wouldn't be surprised of LA's lack of patience when it comes to third-party developers).
 Jeff
04-12-2010, 6:23 PM
Good; maybe LucasArts can finally hire a competent studio to handle the port to lower-tier platforms. I think I don't have to mention Krome's impersonal and sloppy job that was the Wii port, or the inflexible monolith that was Aspyr's PC port (Though, due to past experiences, I wouldn't be surprised of LA's lack of patience when it comes to third-party developers).Let's hope so. Anyone find any confirmation of this? The Clone Wars games Krome made were pretty awful too so I would not be surprised at all if LA goes after a different studio to do their outsourced work.
 Zwier Zak
04-17-2010, 5:17 PM
I'm not surprised after Clone Wars Republic Heroes.
 Zwier Zak
04-18-2010, 6:26 PM
But on the other hand I would be kind of sad if they lost the contract for this one. I think I enjoyed my version of TFU on the PS2 most so...
Page: 1 of 1