Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Short Story: Darkest Dreams

Page: 1 of 1
 Hope Estheim
04-08-2010, 7:06 PM
Shadows quivered against the wall and faded into oblivion as the flame from my candle went out. Darkness entrenched the inside of the tent and the few stars the I could see because of a hole in the roof winked out. I crawled slowly out of the tent and sat on my knees, dusting off my hands and shirt, then my legs as I started to stand. Dust caked my bare feet, but I wasn't really caring at that point... I was just looking for something to patch up the hole in the roof of my tent so as to keep the rain out. Thunder crashed loudly in the distance and I followed the hiking trail back towards the edge of the woods, until I heard a high-pitched scream.

My feet took off, running from the side of the trail to the heart of the forest, at least I'd be semi safe from the rain... and I searched high and low. The rain slowly started to make a steady rythm on the leafs and sides of the tree trunks and I slowed down tremendously. My eye lids started to get heavy, until I slapped myself in the face. I had to focus. I had heard a scream from the dead center of the forest and I had to reach the girl, or boy, who had made the scream... I had to protect her or him. My feet once again began to bruise the delicate surface of the Earth. Trees started passing by me in a blur and I nearly ended up going straight out into the clear meadow that was carved, thankfully I was able to stop myself in time, even if my feet were burning, as if they were on fire.

My gaze slowly swiviled from my aching feet up to a horrific scene in front of me. There in the clear pasture was a group of cloaked and hooded figures. Druids. I grimaced slightly at the scene in front of them. The Arch-Druid was dangling a knife over a fourteen year old boy's mangled body. Blood spilled and flowed from the top of the crimson stained stone alter that they had set out. I turned and took off running... running for town. I didn't care that I was leaving my cell phone, my wallet, my tent or anything else behind. I just knew that I had to get out of there... as soon as possible. I heard angry footsteps following me, but I kept on running, not even caring what or who was chasing me.

My feet drummed heavily against the hearth until my foot got caught in a tree root that was uncovered and my face scraped the ground. Someone picked me up by the back of my neck and the next thing I remember was a dark abyss. I was finally awoken, by a pail of water being thrown in my face. I glared glumly out at my surroundings. I was bound to a warm and sticky stone alter... oh no. I quickly turned my head, trying to see what else was going on, but I wish I hadn't. I nearly vomited. I saw the druids... drinking the dead boy's blood. Little crimson tear drops fell from their mouths as they turned their eyes hungrily towards me... I screamed as loud as I could, but nothing. I was alone, minus the witches that wanted my blood. The arch-Druid grabbed a hold of his dagger once more, the silver blade gleaming in the moonlight. I closed my eyes, expecting to feel the blade pierce my heart... but I felt nothing.

When I opened my eyes again, I was in my bedroom, sweat beading my forehead and the sun smiling down on me. "Damn... it was just a dream..." I murmured to myself and headed downstairs...
 machievelli
04-13-2010, 10:27 AM
Read
Page: 1 of 1