Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Recruitable Kel Mod

Page: 1 of 1
 centenar
03-29-2010, 7:55 PM
This mod allows you to recruit Kel Algwinn from the Korriban Academy and add him to your party. Recruiting him should be easy to figure out. One note: If you want to use him, make sure that Korriban is not the fourth planet you visit.

http://www.filefront.com/16894981/Recruitable%20Kel%20Algwinn%20v1.01.zip)

To install it, follow the link, download the file, extract the contents, and then launch the Install Recruitable Kel.exe file.

Recruiting him should be easy, but here's a walkthrough:
Talk to him on Korriban. Get him to express his doubts about becoming a Sith, and then mention that he could be a Jedi. Go to Dantooine and speak to him there, and ask him to join you. He is in the Jedi training room.

Screenshots:
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=603&pictureid=6228)
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=603&pictureid=6229)
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=603&pictureid=6230)

If you find bugs, post them here or PM me.

Enjoy!
 ZimmMaster
03-29-2010, 10:03 PM
Congratulations on your first mod. Good job.
 Random Nickos
03-30-2010, 6:02 AM
Which character does he replace?
 Queen of Night
03-30-2010, 6:11 AM
Good job for your first Mod. Have you Screenshots?

@Random: I think Bastila there a tip of him has come. See here:

....make sure that Korriban is not the fourth planet you visit.
 Holty1-5
03-30-2010, 2:58 PM
I wouldnt be Bastila if He said make sure Korriban Isnt the Forth PLanet as She is need on the Lev-ship name

I was Looking at the Source Code and It says 7 and by looking at the Party Selection Screen I think It is Mission who is Replaced but im not sure

Maybe The author should Tell us? =P
as it isnt in the read me
 centenar
03-30-2010, 3:46 PM
Which character does he replace?

He replaces T3-M4
 centenar
03-30-2010, 5:12 PM
Congratulations on your first mod. Good job.

Thanks.

Good job for your first Mod. Have you Screenshots?

@Random: I think Bastila there a tip of him has come. See here:

....make sure that Korriban is not the fourth planet you visit.

I just added screenshots.

You'll see when you recruit him why Korriban cannot be the last planet. ;)
 Holty1-5
04-01-2010, 11:59 AM
I would Suggest a Second Version one with a Bit more Dialog

If i Viewed the Correct File it wasnt a Lot

Just my Advice
 Sith Holocron
04-04-2010, 2:26 AM
Does this mod feature voiced dialogue? (I may be spoiled after experiencing Inyri Forge's Recruitable Kay mod.) Also, if it is indeed voiced, did you have to replace all the lines that were originally in the game with your new voice actor doing them?
 centenar
04-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Does this mod feature voiced dialogue? (I may be spoiled after experiencing Inyri Forge's Recruitable Kay mod.) Also, if it is indeed voiced, did you have to replace all the lines that were originally in the game with your new voice actor doing them?

The mod doesn't have enough dialogue to make it worth using a voice actor.
It's not as extensive as the Recruitable Kay mod.

Maybe I'll release another version in the future which is more extensive, but I don't know yet.

Edit: I have decided that I will release another version, which is more extensive and with a voice actor.
 Sith Holocron
04-04-2010, 1:12 PM
The mod doesn't have enough dialogue to make it worth using a voice actor.
It's not as extensive as the Recruitable Kay mod.

Oh, that's too bad.

Maybe I'll release another version in the future which is more extensive, but I don't know yet.

I'm sure that many folks here can point you to towards reliable voice actor forums to have people revoice your character for either your exisiting dialogue or a later version if and when it comes.

If you revisit this mod in the future, hopefully you'll make it compatible with Silveredge's "Brotherhood of Shadow: Revenge of Solomon" mod and the upcoming "Sleheyron" mod by disbeliever as well.
 ZimmMaster
04-04-2010, 2:42 PM
(I may be spoiled after experiencing Inyri Forge's Recruitable Kay mod.)

Same here, I used to use tons of recruitment mods with unvoiced dialouges. Then I played the Recruitable Kay mod and I just lost interest. I have not used a single recruitment mod after that if it does not have voiced dialouge.
 Sith Holocron
04-22-2010, 1:06 AM
Edit: I have decided that I will release another version, which is more extensive and with a voice actor.

I didn't see your edit. Good luck with your updated version. I imagine if you ask around (or just view the "Solomon's Revenge" thread), you'll find plenty of links to Voice Actor forums where you can find actors that will be suitable for your mod.

I'd like to make a suggestion: have your voice actor redo the Kel Algwinn's original lines too so there's one uniform voice throughout.
 ZimmMaster
04-22-2010, 10:33 AM
If you are looking for voice actors, go here (http://voiceacting.proboards.com/index.cgi?).
 centenar
04-23-2010, 3:46 PM
I've already got a voice actor, but thanks anyway. I've got him working on Kel's original lines already, too. ;)
 Sith Holocron
04-23-2010, 4:01 PM
I'll be looking forward to hearing the voice actor - even if it's only a sample to tide us over.
 Hope Estheim
04-23-2010, 11:01 PM
I'll be looking forward to hearing the voice actor - even if it's only a sample to tide us over.

No I really don't think you do. :xp: I still haven't decided which dialect I should use for Kel. I've been switching between my normal accent (a very heavy Southern United States accent) or a British accent. I've also experimented and discovered I can do several other accents as well... drama has taught me well. xD

Anyway... when I do decide on an accent... I guess I can upload the voice somewhere... haha... I don't promise that it'll be anything great though ._.
 Sith Holocron
04-23-2010, 11:38 PM
Hope, go with what you know. I recommend doing Kel in your natural voice. It might be best to let the acting carry the part, rather than an affectation.
 Blix
04-23-2010, 11:51 PM
Cool mod, I always thought Kel was too nice of a guy to be sith ;) I also think that Kel would've been more interesting if he didn't look like 25 other random guys :P
 centenar
04-24-2010, 7:16 PM
Cool mod, I always thought Kel was too nice of a guy to be sith ;) I also think that Kel would've been more interesting if he didn't look like 25 other random guys :P

Haha, thanks.
 Nick Vader
04-25-2010, 12:25 PM
Nice mod, and I've always wanted an extra jedi in my party.

You'll see when you recruit him why Korriban cannot be the last planet. ;)

Centenar is right, because once you talk to him on Korriban:

Kel will go on Dantooine, which will be destroyed after the 4th planet you visit, and he will be lost.
Page: 1 of 1