Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Biography Pages Aurebesh Translated

Page: 1 of 1
 News
03-27-2010, 5:10 PM
LucasForums member RogueJedi86 has translated the Aurebesh seen in the backgrounds of the three currently available biographies. They read as follows: Satele Shan “Jedi exiled her mother”, “A secret son”, and “Blood of Revan” Nem’ro the Hutt “Supports Hutt Cartel neutrality”, “Betrayed Skadge”, and “Hook end Rattataki Body Guards” Grand Moff Kilran “Defense of the secret prison”, “Personal combat [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net... (http://www.starwarsmmo.net/news/biography-pages-aurebesh-translated/)
 Darth Avlectus
04-05-2010, 2:14 AM
Way to go RJ86!

I was utterly impressed. Brilliant and the SW legacy should be proud of the authority lent by his words.

On the Satele Shan article if I may offer a minor constructive criticism/proofread:
and helped found a new Jedi Temple

Suggestion: "helped to found" --At first my mind kept trying to say "find" but after rereading the passage a few times 'found' finally made more sense. Otherwise superb--and soon to make its way into the wookieepedia archives, no doubt.

Indeed I look forward to seeing more of your works.
 Nedak
04-05-2010, 9:41 PM
"A secret son"?

Umm, isn't Satele a female? lmao
 TriggerGod
04-05-2010, 9:46 PM

Hey, there are clones, robots, space ships that can travel at FTL (faster than light) speeds, and alien species that have over 180 different genders (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Xi%27Dec), so why can't there be a tranny too? :p
 RogueJedi86
04-05-2010, 10:42 PM
"A secret son"?

Doesn't mean Satele can't have a son in secret. I'm pretty sure that's what it means. She had a child in secret and didn't tell anyone, even though Jedi in this era don't have the "no love, no marriage, no kids" prohibition that the prequel Jedi did. The little rule only lasted a thousand years or so, from the Battle of Ruusan until the Jedi died out and Luke formed his own New Jedi Order. But I'm sure TOR will explain why Satele's son is a secret. Maybe Satele's son's father is something Satele isn't proud of, like maybe she had a fling with a Sith Lord? The possibilities are interesting.
 Darth Avlectus
04-05-2010, 11:45 PM
It's an ongoing debate; both jedi "family types" have their pros and cons.
 Gurges-Ahter
04-06-2010, 9:47 AM
Yeah I don't think it was totally restricted during the TOR era, but at least frowned upon based on the resistance Bastila tried to show against Revan in K1. Of course, she couldn't really resist Revan, being the panty-dropper she was.
 RogueJedi86
04-06-2010, 10:26 AM
Remember that in the years just before KotOR, we had the likes of Nomi and Andur Sunrider, a Jedi couple who were married and had a daughter named Vima Sunrider. This was common knowledge and no one was upset. Vima Sunrider was even meant to be the lead female character before copyright issues over the name Sunrider made them change her to Bastila. This era's stuff was written before the prequels though too, and the prequels needed a "no marriage" thing to make Anakin and Padme's romance seem forbidden and secret. If their relationship hadn't been taboo, they wouldn't have had to hide it and thus Luke & Leia should've been able to easily find information on their mother.

Anyways yeah, marriage and having kids was okay at least 300 years before TOR. So I'm thinking the reason her son is a secret is because the identity of the father could cause some trouble, like my aforementioned idea of Satele's son's dad being a Sith Lord.
 Gurges-Ahter
04-06-2010, 12:07 PM
Maybe the father is a Gungan. I'd hide that one-night stand too.
 RogueJedi86
04-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Weren't gungans very primitive at this point? Either they were free-roaming plains animals or they were civilized and Boss Nass' ancestor was fighting the bursas(if I remember SWGB's Naboo/Gungan campaign right).
 Nedak
04-06-2010, 9:57 PM
Doesn't mean Satele can't have a son in secret. I'm pretty sure that's what it means. She had a child in secret and didn't tell anyone, even though Jedi in this era don't have the "no love, no marriage, no kids" prohibition that the prequel Jedi did. The little rule only lasted a thousand years or so, from the Battle of Ruusan until the Jedi died out and Luke formed his own New Jedi Order. But I'm sure TOR will explain why Satele's son is a secret. Maybe Satele's son's father is something Satele isn't proud of, like maybe she had a fling with a Sith Lord? The possibilities are interesting.
That makes more sense....

hahahaha
 Darca Lar
04-07-2010, 1:35 AM
The comic prequel story is awesome! Though I had to go back and read all of it again in succession after the final strip was released but still very well done. They truly are putting their heart and soul into this game.
 Darth Avlectus
04-07-2010, 2:45 AM
Maybe the father is a Gungan. I'd hide that one-night stand too.

:rofl: I can't believe nobody got that. Give this man a brewski.
Page: 1 of 1