Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KotOR: Melee Feats

Page: 1 of 1
 Onna Rose
03-26-2010, 7:35 PM
Hi,

I started to play KotOR and I have not yet really understood the feat-system.

Both Flurry and Critical Strike are melee feats, and it appears to me that Flurry doesn't benefit from Critical Strike. So I wonder what's the point of learning both feats, Flurry and Critical Strike (or even more)?
 Darth Avlectus
03-27-2010, 2:18 AM
Shouldn't this be in the other area for gameplay? Lol. Welcome to LF nonetheless.

Well they are separate attack moves first off. So they don't benefit off one another.

Secondly it depends on what you're after in your main character--this will be especially important come later on in the game.

Flurry: this attack deals multiple hits on your enemies. It is all about speed. Works best on enemies with light defense, and armor. However, it leaves you vulnerable to other enemies thant your current target during an attack until you have it leveled up completely.

Critical Strike: This move will deal more damage and stun your enemies that are low on defense and saves. Repeated successive use decrease its effectiveness as well as its damage and ability to stun. This can be compensated for by leveling this up. Best used alternating with other attacks.

Power attack: As the name implies it is an attack that uses brute strength and power to deal more damage. Few enemies can successfully defend against a successful hit, though quicker ones may dodge it. It sacrifices accuracy, and lowers defense during and after your attacks. It is highly damaging otherwise just like critical strike.
 greggomonkey
03-27-2010, 7:39 PM
Like has been pointed out they don't benefit off each other directly but It helps to have a couple of them to switch off their benefits and the likes.
 Onna Rose
03-29-2010, 8:02 AM
Thanks for the answers.

I decided to create a Scout/Consular with Flurry and a double bladed lightsabre. Works fine so far :) (A red double bladed lightsabre may not be the best choice for a Consular, but it looks pretty cool.)
 Darth Avlectus
04-01-2010, 6:57 PM
^^^You'll *love* the 2 (very expensive) special crystals you get from the Yavin 4 station. Or maybe you might just use 2 separate single light sabers. Consider leveling up the 2 weapon fighting feat, as it works in both of those configurations.

Also, consular gets the least amount of feats of the jedi classes. Choose all the more wisely. I'm a guardian myself. Usually I only level up to about Lv 4 and hold off until choosing the Jedi class on Dantooine. Since your first class is still active in the skills department you should still be able to level up those skills as well.
 Onna Rose
04-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Well, I already got the two crystals :)

Currently, my character is lvl 19 (5/14) with Two-weapons fighting (3), Flurry (3) and Implant (3), and Toughness (2), which seems to work fine. I would like to have a couple more feats and a few more skillpoints, but, well, the character gets the things done :)

When I put the mantle into the twin laser sword, however, it becomes a "Dark Jedi's Laser Sword", what I find a bit confusing, so I'll probably change to two weapons.

The only thing I really missed was points for Persuation.
 Darth Avlectus
04-06-2010, 3:59 PM
Well, I already got the two crystals :)

Currently, my character is lvl 19 (5/14) with Two-weapons fighting (3), Flurry (3) and Implant (3), and Toughness (2), which seems to work fine. I would like to have a couple more feats and a few more skillpoints, but, well, the character gets the things done :)

When I put the mantle into the twin laser sword, however, it becomes a "Dark Jedi's Laser Sword", what I find a bit confusing, so I'll probably change to two weapons.

The only thing I really missed was points for Persuation.

Dark Jedi's? Curious... I wonder, could you post up a Fraps screenshot for us where it says that?
 Onna Rose
04-09-2010, 8:11 AM
I will post a screenshot once I had the time to reinstall the game.

If I remember correctly it is still the first twin laser sword I found - Balista's - and I already faced Malak, so it may have to do with her switch-over (not sure if this is the correct term) to the dark side.
 Onna Rose
08-02-2010, 3:42 PM
I don't have the game installed anymore and I totally forgot to make a screenshot. However, if you are really interested in this issue, you can have a look in one of my savegames; it should be the Lightsaber the main character has equipped:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-2718149/000096---Game95.rar.html)
 Kira_Tsukasa
08-02-2010, 11:20 PM
Well, after looking through things in KSE, I noticed a "Dark Jedi Lightsaber" in the items list (for Kotor2). Perhaps it is similar to that?
Page: 1 of 1