Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help altering NPC appearance

Page: 1 of 1
 Dak Drexl
02-20-2010, 6:47 PM
Ok, I'm making a small mod which has to do with Jagi from Canderous' sidequest. I need to equip him with a custom armor I made, so I started by looking for any "Jagi" files. Then I realized he uses a generic NPC head, so he has no individual files for himself. So, I'm wondering, how do I go about altering his appearance? I know its very possible, (i.e. Sherruk the mando) but I'm pretty new to all this so I have no idea of how to go about doing it.
 JuniorModder
02-20-2010, 7:29 PM
Rename the model, and skin of the head, then enter the file names in the appearance.2da line for him.

JM
 Dak Drexl
02-20-2010, 7:48 PM
My problem is he doesn't have his own appearance.2da line. How do I alter him without also altering the other NPC's who use his head?
 JuniorModder
02-20-2010, 8:26 PM
Once you rename the model and skin for his head, you can create his own 2da line. It seems like a daunting task, but it is really just pluggin in names and numbers. You should read some of the tutorials in the 2DA section here for help.

JM
 Dak Drexl
02-20-2010, 9:29 PM
Ah, I didn't even realize you could make a new line. Thank you JM
 redrob41
02-20-2010, 10:08 PM
once you've made a new line in the appearance.2da, you'll have to make a new .utc file that uses that appearance line, and equip it with your chosen armour. I'm not sure, though, how to change the module so that it uses your custom .utc, so you might have to search for a tutorial for that.
Page: 1 of 1