Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mossad Hit Squad hits Hamas

Page: 1 of 1
 jonathan7
02-16-2010, 5:27 PM
Click Me (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article7029553.ece)

What was according authorities a Mossad Hit Squad killed a prominent Hamas leader in Dubai using fake papers etc... What do people think?
 Q
02-16-2010, 5:50 PM
At this point the side that stops the violence first will get more international recognition and support than it would know what to do with. It would be incredibly shrewd of either faction to do so.
 Astor
02-16-2010, 6:02 PM
Mossad (and I suppose Israel by extension) proves once again that it doesn't care how much **** it causes in pursuit of its goals.

At this point the side that stops the violence first will get more international recognition and support than it would know what to do with. It would be incredibly shrewd of either faction to do so.

I agree, but I certainly don't see either side backing down as long as they both keep pulling stunts like this.
 machievelli
02-16-2010, 7:56 PM

Tom Clancy in Sum of all Fears suggested it by having a new radical leader use King's techniques in the South. It's hard to picture your enemy as murderous monsters if they are signing 'Give peace a Chance' in Arabic.

Mossad (and I suppose Israel by extension) proves once again that it doesn't care how much **** it causes in pursuit of its goals.
I agree, but I certainly don't see either side backing down as long as they both keep pulling stunts like this.

Yet you ignore that the modern terrorist was began when the Palestinians admitted they could not beat Israel by force of arms.

As much 'expletive deleted' the Israelis may cause, I cannot blame a fire-finder radar or artilleryman for what happens when the hezbollah rocket trucks picked their firing point just to cause those casualties, which they can later bemoan. If a man stands outside a house with an RPG (They had it on CNN back in the 1990s) and fires it at an APC, whose fault is it when shells rip that family apart?

The press, including here in the states are so ready to blame them, even when the dead on the Israeli side were a bunch of teenaged kids and old grandmothers.

If you use terror as your primary method, you cannot complain if your enemy replies in kind.
 Jae Onasi
02-16-2010, 9:51 PM
According to this article, there is nothing more than circumstantial proof, at best, that it was a Mossad hit. It could just as easily been a Palestinian rival of Hamas assassinating al-Mabhouh and making it look like Mossad. It's not like they didn't have access to fake or altered passports, or intel on al-Mabhouh's whereabouts. Al-Mabhouh had plenty of enemies besides the Israelis.
 Totenkopf
02-16-2010, 11:26 PM
I agree with Mach and Jae. As of yet, there's nothing more than speculation. Afterall, all during the Cold War, whether they were involved in a particular operation or not, it was often assumed that the CIA or KGB were responsible anytime something nefarious went down (assassinations, etc...). Mossad has a reputation as well. Still, whose to say it wasn't an organization like the SAS or America's Red Cell operators. Nobody...till there's actually some evidence. Besides, the modern terrorist is directly responsible for the deaths of countless civilians, whom they callously and agruably craftily, yet cowardly nonetheless, use as human shields. Either way.....live by the sword, die by the sword.
 Jae Onasi
02-16-2010, 11:53 PM
I think it might have been 007.
 Totenkopf
02-17-2010, 12:16 AM
Yeah, all 5 or 6+ of them. :p
 machievelli
02-17-2010, 2:23 PM
As for Mossad operations, the aftermath of Munich comes to mind. For the first time in their history, Mossad took the gloves off completely and showed the world exactly how good their intelligence was.

As one author back in the 80s pointed out, there was one collateral damage problem, a man who was unconnected to Black September who was shot. But after the Israelis promised to stop, they did get the one man they were after, who had been hiding until they pulled back.

As for the double 00s, maybe they did, but what was a man in Hamas doing that Bond and company might disapprove of?
 Jae Onasi
02-17-2010, 11:24 PM
As for the double 00s, maybe they did, but what was a man in Hamas doing that Bond and company might disapprove of?
He was secretly meeting up with the Iranians, Chinese, and ex-KGB mafiosos who have this plan of stealing nuclear arms from Pakistan in order to bomb France and blame it on the US and/or UK after releasing the Ebola bombs on Portugal and Greece. Her Majesty approved of France getting nuked, but did NOT like Her friends getting Ebola.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
02-17-2010, 11:38 PM
starring robert pattinson as pussy galore
 JediAthos
02-18-2010, 2:56 AM
If it was Mossad there will likely never be any solid proof unless of course Mossad wishes there to be. The same goes for the CIA former KGB or any other intelligence agency operating in a foreign country.

I would fully imagine that the "hit squad" is likely out of the country and will never be seen there again.
 machievelli
02-18-2010, 10:05 AM
He was secretly meeting up with the Iranians, Chinese, and ex-KGB mafiosos who have this plan of stealing nuclear arms from Pakistan in order to bomb France and blame it on the US and/or UK after releasing the Ebola bombs on Portugal and Greece. Her Majesty approved of France getting nuked, but did NOT like Her friends getting Ebola.

ROTFLMAO
 Totenkopf
02-19-2010, 12:14 AM
 Jae Onasi
02-19-2010, 1:02 AM
Outraged British officials: "We promise a full investigation!!"
(months pass, nothing happens, the involved country or countries deny everything)
Brits who had their passports stolen are apologized to, and maybe given new identities.
*Crickets chirp*
End of story.
 Totenkopf
02-19-2010, 1:09 AM
Hold on Jae, b/c if they can link Blair to it, no matter how tenuously, it will be fodder for untold numbers of exploratory panels like Chilcot. :xp:
 Jae Onasi
02-19-2010, 1:53 AM
Oh, and throw in Bush 2 for good measure. His daddy was CIA director, so of course he's involved somehow.
 Sabretooth
02-19-2010, 4:24 AM
So now I see the hard-hitting, morally compelling discussions that go on in this Hot Topics forum.
 Jae Onasi
02-19-2010, 9:33 AM
Well, if it's Mossad, yes, Israel should be brought to task for that. However, I doubt we'll ever know for sure who really did it, and blaming Israel for something any other intelligence agency might have done for any number of reasons would be just as incorrect.
Page: 1 of 1