Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Total Character Re-skin Converstion 'TCRC'

Page: 1 of 1
 Holty1-5
02-07-2010, 5:10 PM
H1-5 Here Annouch My lastest Project

What Is TCRC you ask?
Its a Mod were i will change all the Skins of the Characters, Aliens, Creatures and Droids.

What will the quality be like?
Well so Far i have re-skinned 60 Files In 10 Hours and i am seeing the Quality Get Lower But if i tried to make 332 Skins Perfectly Cool I would Properly :hang1: i have tried to make the main characters (people With Unique Skins and Party memebers as well as key Characters like Sith And Mandalorians)

Would You Like to see a Preview Well Its Coming Soon :thmbup1:

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=572&pictureid=5852)

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=572&pictureid=5853)

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=572&pictureid=5851)
 Kyr'am Galaar
02-07-2010, 6:53 PM
O_o

You may want to hone your skills in your photo editing program before you start this. I personally think that the skins that you made are way too flat. (No offence intended) When your skins are flat and have little or no texture, not many people will download.

That's just my advice.
 TriggerGod
02-07-2010, 7:27 PM
O_o

You may want to hone your skills in your photo editing program before you start this. I personally think that the skins that you made are way too flat. (No offence intended) When your skins are flat and have little or no texture, not many people will download.

That's just my advice.

This

And a Mandalorian symbol? On a Jedi Master? Who opposed the Mandaloran Wars? And his goatee looks fairly flat as well.
 jonathan7
02-07-2010, 7:40 PM
Question; are you going to use these in your game? Do you think they look good? 60 in ten hours concerns me, a single skin in Force Fashion II of a Jedi Robe, took me at least an hour. May I suggest that you want to take as long as it takes to produce a good skin, one good skin, is worth a million bad ones.

I don't mean to be offensive here, however I think you need to hear the following for your own good; There are quite a few reskin mods out there, do you really think the above skins are better than them? It is really easy to tell where time and effort has been put into skins, or not. And frankly mods which haven't received time and effort in making them, don't get into my game folders (they don't even make it into the Mod archives I keep for the community in case mod sites go down).

To be frank several of the above skins are just bad, I just don't see how any individual will think them good. Take Vrook as an example, what is that black blotch on his chin, is it meant to be a beard? As it just simply looks like a jet black triangle, how many people do you know with jet monotone black chins? Now I know that modding takes time and we all have to start somewhere, but if you release that skin pack as it is, I can only see it as a waste of your time, and a waste of anyone elses time who downloads it.

I don't mean to be harsh, but I think just put your effort into producing good high quality skins that take time, rather than trying to rush things really quickly through.
 Giant Graffiti
02-07-2010, 7:42 PM
I never thought I'd see Ed Asner with a Mandalorian tattoo on his forehead.
 Darth InSidious
02-07-2010, 7:53 PM
Neither the technique nor the execution of these skins can be held to be worthy of praise, I fear. The deficiency in taste is a further issue in assessing how to suggest improvement.

But I do have a few suggestions for questions to ask yourself:

1. What do you wish to achieve with this mod?
2. What is the best method to achieve this?
3. What do you wish to achieve with this skin?
4. What kind of flaw in particular are you attempting to correct in the present skin for this character?
 Queen of Night
02-08-2010, 5:59 AM
One question I have, because for some mods I have the feeling that I have ever heard of who saw differently. Have you looked at Kotorfiles or here on the forum also Lucasforum these skins are not available? For that, I would recommend you, I usually do so that does not create problems.
 Holty1-5
02-08-2010, 11:02 AM
ok i cant really anwser a lot but i will try.

yes i know some look bad i will correct them.
when i said 60 in 10 hours i was kinda exagerating it was more like 20 and i had some other i had already made.

Also the Pictures Are not of the Best Quality i can see that.
For Example The Bastila Looks A Hell of a Lot better in Game. On some of them you cant even see the Detail Like On Mission those Black Lines (Tattoo's) Actually Look Half Decent in Game (im Sorry For Low Quality Screenies)

I will Take On all your FeedBack And go Back And Make the Skins Better

Reason For Making This Mod?
Because I was Bored Of the Skins After a few play throughs I found the Skins Boring and decided to Change Them.

I guess i'l go Back And Re-skin A lot And Make them More Realistic:thmbup1:

And a Mandalorian symbol? On a Jedi Master? Who opposed the Mandaloran Wars? And his goatee looks fairly flat as well.

Yes That is The Mandalorian Symbol I put It there as a Joke and Yes The Goatee Is Flat I will Get A new Beard For Him copied From one
other Characters

4. What kind of flaw in particular are you attempting to correct in the present skin for this character?

Im Not Trying to Correct Anything i Just Got Bored Of Basic Skins

And Jonathan7 Thanks for the Advice I will Spend More Time On them To get them Up to High enough Standards
 Kainzorus Prime
02-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Flat - Check.
Way too Rainbowy - Check
Contrasting - Check
Unfitting with the rest of environment - Check.

Address these issues, and actually use a different texture for a skin, rather than play with hue/saturation settings for it. Then it will actually earn a name of 'reskin'.
 JuniorModder
02-08-2010, 11:31 AM
I agree they need work, they are way to colorful and need more texture to it, but I think it's a good start. T3, HK, and Juhani are pretty good. Are you making portraits?

JM
 Holty1-5
02-08-2010, 12:17 PM
I agree they need work, they are way to colorful and need more texture to it, but I think it's a good start. T3, HK, and Juhani are pretty good. Are you making portraits?

JM

properly Not making Portraits as Normally Most changes Are For Cloths But i May make A new Portrait For T3:thmbup1:
 VarsityPuppet
02-08-2010, 7:29 PM
properly Not making Portraits as Normally Most changes Are For Cloths But i May make A new Portrait For T3:thmbup1:

Holty, you have some really great concepts for skins, but you need to work a little on the execution.

I like the black HK-47 (It's very HK-51ish) and the red Mission is a winner too, though already done.

I've said this before: Above all, mod for yourself, BUT if you're looking to mod for 'fame', then you've got to catch good ideas and do them 'just' right.

In this case, I would probably make the black HK-47 skin myself... err actually, probably just make a whole new character: HK-51 for K1!

Oh, I shouldn't get too excited..
 Holty1-5
02-09-2010, 8:05 AM
Holty, you have some really great concepts for skins, but you need to work a little on the execution.

I like the black HK-47 (It's very HK-51ish) and the red Mission is a winner too, though already done.

I've said this before: Above all, mod for yourself, BUT if you're looking to mod for 'fame', then you've got to catch good ideas and do them 'just' right.

In this case, I would probably make the black HK-47 skin myself... err actually, probably just make a whole new character: HK-51 for K1!

Oh, I shouldn't get too excited..

i have decided to cancell changing all the skins and only change a few and relese them in packs to get the highest quality possibal :thmbup1:
 VarsityPuppet
02-10-2010, 2:22 AM
i have decided to cancell changing all the skins and only change a few and relese them in packs to get the highest quality possibal :thmbup1:

atta boy

You'll want to dig around the Tutorials sections for Photoshopping tutorials. If you get tired of following instructions easily, you can at least pick up some neat tricks.
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
02-10-2010, 7:16 AM
This is wicked!
 Holty1-5
02-10-2010, 11:56 AM
You'll want to dig around the Tutorials sections for Photoshopping tutorials.
i have GIMP not PhotoShop

Any Way Il Release About 3-6 Packs
1)Party memebrs
2) Sith Acadamy Heads (Uthar And yuthera) (Or however you spell it)
3)Mandalorians
4)Sith (Dark Jedi's and soilders)
5) The Rest will be mainly Single Skins Like Malak And Calo Nord
 Trench
02-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Good on'ya mate. This is the best way to do it.
Photoshop tutorials work well for GIMP users, since the programs are similar in many ways. I recently used a PS tutorial to make an epic scene in GIMP.
One of my main tips for skinning is to use a new layer for everything you add on. That way you can use layering effects and filters to give it more depth, and edit each component more easily.
It'll be good to see what you come up with ner'vod.
 VarsityPuppet
02-10-2010, 9:58 PM
i have GIMP not PhotoShop

Photoshopping in the verb tense. GIMPing just wouldn't seem right.
Page: 1 of 1