Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Attacking deactivated droids.

Page: 1 of 1
 VarsityPuppet
01-29-2010, 7:42 PM
Hey all.

I need to know how to allow the PC or an NPC to "bash" a character.

Let me explain what I mean.

There is a defunct droid laying around. Just for the hell of it, I want to bash it and destroy it like you would say... maybe a computer terminal placeable.

My current solution: change it's faction and start blasting... the only problem is that THEN the character will start up in it's combat mode animation. I don't want it to do that: I want it to sit there and take it.

I tried applying a permanent entangle, paralyze effect upon it's spawning, but no luck (in addition to setting the droid in defunct mode)

What I haven't tried is maybe placing a script to place it in defunct mod for every one of it's events. Would this work at all? Should I maybe try making a bashable invisible placeable on top of the creature that is linked to it (placeable dies, creature dies)? Should I just forget this altogether?

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT:

Well, after a bit more investigating, the EffectCutSceneParalyze(); does work for this particular case. I just wasn't having it fire in a very reliable way.

So now, let this thread sink into the depths of the unknown.
Page: 1 of 1