Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The weakness of player made force powers

Page: 1 of 1
 moda
01-26-2010, 9:12 AM
through my research into force forms i have made a discovery of relatively agitating levels.

about 60% of player made spells do not get damage bonuses from force forms. this is because in most cases they are lacking the Sp_CalcDamage function from k_inc_force. this is the function which allows force potency and force channel to boost the offensive power of your force powers, if you do not have it as part of your damage calculations your spells will do stock damage while costing 20% more force points in the case of force potency. also required is the duration function if you wish force mastery to boost the duration of your powers.
 Nick Vader
01-26-2010, 9:24 AM
You're right :eek:! Giving away more forcepoints for... stock damage:confused:??? People need to think before making force powers for TSL...
 Star Admiral
01-26-2010, 11:32 AM
True enough. But at least the problem is restricted to TSL only, and there aren't a huge number of Force mods out for TSL. stoffe's High Level Powers with Improved AI is in general the most common one used, but that one does take the Force forms into account.

- Star Admiral
 VarsityPuppet
01-26-2010, 4:41 PM
You're right :eek:! Giving away more forcepoints for... stock damage:confused:??? People need to think before making force powers for TSL...

I did think about it.... and then proceeded to not to care for the time being. I didn't think many would notice (or even care) when I made the FFM. The secondary reason of course being that I didn't know how #include worked.

Oh what silly days those were.
Page: 1 of 1