Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Psuedo Force Forms

Page: 1 of 1
 moda
01-26-2010, 1:30 AM
is it possible to make a duration based ability which will act as if it were say force potency, i.e. boost the damage done by force powers, for a timed duration ?
 VarsityPuppet
01-26-2010, 1:38 AM
The way I would do it, you would have to script a check into every force power to increase the damage dealt by each power. Some of the cut forms still exist in this manner in the force script.
 moda
01-26-2010, 2:55 AM
yes and it is relatively simple to build on this and make additional force forms. the trouble comes from attempting to set a time limit. that is the part which is causing me trouble

i mean i tried inserting the following as part of a new spell

else if( GetHasSpellEffect(FORM_FORCE_V_DARK_POTENCY, OBJECT_SELF) ) {
// DJS-OEI 8/24/2004
// Changed to +30%.
/*
// +1 damage for each class level. We'll just get the
// levels attained for the base class and sub-class.
int nTotalLevel = GetLevelByPosition( 1, OBJECT_SELF ) + GetLevelByPosition( 2, OBJECT_SELF );
nDamage += nTotalLevel;
*/
int nExtraDamage = ( nDamage * 300 ) / 100;
nDamage += nExtraDamage;
}

heres the ability itself
case 338: //FORM_FORCE_V_DARK_POTENCY;
{
float fDuration = Sp_CalcDuration( 40.0 );
int nforce = 5000;
eLink1 = EffectTemporaryForcePoints(nforce);
eLink1 = SetEffectIcon(eLink1, 7);
eLink2 = EffectVisualEffect(VFX_PRO_FORCE_ARMOR);
eLink2 = EffectLinkEffects(eLink2, EffectVisualEffect(VFX_PRO_FORCE_SHIELD));

Sp_ApplyEffects(FALSE, OBJECT_SELF, 0.0, 1, eLink1, fDuration, eLink2, 3.0);

}
break;
;

which should set the damage of spells to 400% while the spell is active, but it doesnt.
the other effect of the spell works...

and yes i altered the nwscript to include the new spell. would it be possible to set a global variable, in a script then change it after a duration.
 Star Admiral
01-26-2010, 11:34 AM
Did you add it to the script of the new power, or did you add it directly to the k_inc_force.nss file? Be careful with editing that file, because it WILL cause massive incompatibilities with many mods.

- Star Admiral
 moda
01-26-2010, 8:36 PM
i added it directly to k_inc_force, then i went and recompiled all force power scripts for all mods to allow them to use the form.
have now worked out another way which involves the use of a global number variable as a multiplier for offense force powers. still forces me to recompile all force power scripts and remake a few however.
Page: 1 of 1