Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

would it be possible to give kotor2 for pc a xbox like UI

Page: 1 of 1
 dude1
01-10-2010, 2:13 PM
i own both the xbox and pc copy of kotor2 but i cant stand the keyboard and mouse for this game
the controls just seem so more clean and functional on the xbox
problem being is many mods havequirks with the xbox copy.

so im wondering is there a way to make the pc UI like the xbox then i could use key mapping software to map it to a controller
is there any mod to do this?
if not what would i go about modding it in?
(im a newb at modding but gim willing to attempt to learn)

oh and i figure id throw out the question would it be possible to transfer the UI files from my xbox copy over to the pc copy (i doubt it but figure id ask)

thanks
 VarsityPuppet
01-11-2010, 3:44 PM
Well, I haven't tried it, but theoretically you could pull it off.

within the gui.bif of Kotor's assets there are .gui files. Some will have weird names like classel_pc.gui or something like that. Notice that there are two of every file: a version with pc and one with x. That means that the gui map for both the pc and the xbox versions are in there.

Now, what you could do is extract the xbox guis and rename them so they override the pc guis.

This is only in theory though. You still may have to go through the actual xbox gui files with kgff editor and fix any flaws, which.. admittedly will take a long time.
Page: 1 of 1