Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Team Sith: YAYZ! Another Modding Team

Page: 1 of 1
 Ghost
12-31-2009, 1:54 PM
I dont know which forum which this thread should belong in as there is not one really specified to post it so ill post it here.

I have seen many mods in my time here in the Kotor Community(yes, even before i registered with LF) as well as in the EAW community. Me and JuniorModder formed this group up a while ago. Anyone here seen my Kotor Gameplay Improvement Mod? Well, we intend to touch up more on that. See, I don't know if anyone has ever done a voicing of the PC in K1, or K2. Ive seen new NPC voices, but nobody has tried to voice the PC. Well, that's what we are doing. The Voicing Project is going to be part of the KGIM project.

Currently, its just me and JM on the team, but we may need more hands, especially on scripting and coding in the voices. And we will need a female voice for the PC. Anyone want to volunteer?

Here are the positions that we need filled:

Voice: Female PC

Modeler: Well, for modeling items of course. We may need more than one
Skinner: We are going to add some new force powers so may need new textures, plus skins for items. (I am learning how to skin, but i kind of suck)
Scriptor: Various reasons, one being to script a place for the voice of the PC
And of course, Beta Testers
We also would welcome modders who mod multiple aspects in the game.

As we progress I may put up new positions, due to future projects

For more information, visit our homepage: http://sithmodding.wetpaint.com/)
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
12-31-2009, 2:26 PM
My mod team hasn't been very succesful, and for some reason I haven't heard back from the revenge of Revan guy. Do you need a writer? If not, I can do a veriety of voices. I can also beta test. I have may mod ideas and have alot of dialog options.
 Ghost
12-31-2009, 2:39 PM
Sure, you can voice, but i already got an idea for a future project. It is cool
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
12-31-2009, 5:45 PM
How about you can pm me the idea and I can make up some descent dialog and then voie, if thats ok with you. What is your project about?
 N-5/Prudii
12-31-2009, 7:50 PM
I can do Uti's, Utc's, and mabe a little 2da.
 none223
01-01-2010, 8:44 AM
Umm, if anyone can give a way to fix my GIMP, I can skin.

And if you need a "young" voice, I can voice....

Other than that, I'll be happy to Beta Test..
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
01-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Can I be lead writer? What I mean is (I'm not the best modder with KOTOR) you can send me the storyline and I will place together every last bit of dialog in the game.
 JuniorModder
01-01-2010, 1:37 PM
Can I be lead writer? What I mean is (I'm not the best modder with KOTOR) you can send me the storyline and I will place together every last bit of dialog in the game.

An offer you may regret. You have to stick my voice to every single one of Revan's lines, and then do the same with the girl voice.

So you're doing it twice. :P

JM
 Ghost
01-01-2010, 2:22 PM

sure. I got the basic idea for the next mod so that would be greatly appreciated

So you're doing it twice. :P

Meh, who cares. All mods have a price, and take time. It just depends on how much patience you have :P
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
01-01-2010, 3:22 PM
Ok then jonathan, pm me your idea and I'll start on the dialog.
 Ghost
01-01-2010, 3:34 PM
Cant, its too long. PM me your email address and we can talk about over that
 TriggerGod
01-01-2010, 5:38 PM
I hope you all realize that you can't make the PC verbally say what you want him/her to say, like in Mass Effect. Neither games are set up to do this. Which is exactly why you never hear your PC speak, outside of rotating your party in K1.

Of course I could have misread the entire conversation and thought you guys are talking about making a PC voice, while your talking about a party member or something.
 Ghost
01-01-2010, 6:29 PM
thats where your wrong trigger. I have looked and there is a spot to put the voice and the dialog. Its just a matter scripting it. Besides, just because it hasn't been done doesn't mean it can't be done
 logan23
01-01-2010, 6:39 PM
I notice when there is a spot for VO ref when you pick the PC's reply in the dlg.editor.

What if you place a VO file in the same way you do for NPCs talking to the PC??

I wonder if that will work?

Have you tried that?

Sounds very interesting!

:thmbup1:
 Queen of Night
01-01-2010, 7:04 PM
This sounds good and I wish you good luck. Are not you afraid that you modding any other team in the way of coming to possibly have the same ideas?
 Ghost
01-02-2010, 3:16 PM
I notice when there is a spot for VO ref when you pick the PC's reply in the dlg.editor.

What if you place a VO file in the same way you do for NPCs talking to the PC??

I wonder if that will work?

Have you tried that?

Sounds very interesting!

:thmbup1:

Yes, that is exactly what we are doing.

Are not you afraid that you modding any other team in the way of coming to possibly have the same ideas?

Well, VOing PC is a painful process, which includes individually putting in the dialog one at a time. So im sure not many people will do it. It takes a lot of patience. I would prefer that ideas created by me and JM stay in our group, but I can't control other modding groups. So, yeah
 Forogorn
01-02-2010, 3:57 PM
This sounds great, I hope it works out.
Page: 1 of 1