Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A Heroes Welcome

Page: 1 of 1
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
12-27-2009, 5:13 PM
Chapter 1: Old Freinds

"Its been so long since I've been to Taris Gryph." Zayne Carrick said to his snivvian friend.

"Ya! Its been so long since I've been in a tarisian Cantina!" Gryph replied as they sat down at a table in one of the back rooms of Javyar's Cantina in Lower city south.

"Gryph, don't forget why we came here! Gadon Thek wanted to see me about something."

"Did he tell you why Zayne?"

"No, all he said was that its important." Right as Zayne finished speaking, an explosion was heard in the main room.

"Looks like Calo is at it again!" Gryph said sighing and choking on his wookie whisky at the same time.

"Who the heck is this Calo Nord guy!?" Everybody looked at the ex-jedi in suprise.

"Shhh! Keep your voice down! You don't want him to here you. He would think you're trying to get him angry.

"But who is he exactly?" Zayne said in a whisper.

Gryph leaned in and whispered in Carrick's ear. "He's only the most famous bounty hunter on Taris! Now there's someone who you don't want to cross! Some say he works for the Exchange! He is said to be second only to Canderous Ordo."

"I see. Lets just finish our drinks and get outta here!"

"Right with you!" Replied Gryph.

"Back off Slimo!" A voice said.

"Did you uhh, say something Zayne?" Gryph asked his friend.

"Nope, lets get goin'."

"I wonder who said that though. Hopefully they aren't addressing me! Like Calo Nord, I hate being crossed!

"I don't think that was meant for you Gryph!" Zayne said as he looked over at a young Twilek actually threatening two thugs twice her age. One of them was a rodian and the other a Trandoshan. She looked to be about 13 at the youngest and he wondered why such a young girl would actuallly threaten somebody much bigger and stronger. Then, he understood as a big hairy wookie came over and growled at them.

"I don't want to pick a fight with a wookie!" The Rodian said. "C'mon Kud'or lets go back to the Vulkar Base!" Two men then approached the Twilek girl. One looked to be in his late twenties and the other in his late thirtees or early fourties.

"I saw what you did to those Vulkars kid, very impressive!" the older man said.

"Thanks old man, I appreciate the complement! But just for the record, I aint no kid!"

"Ok, ok, I was just complimenting on your abilities."

"Well, It wasn't me as much as it was Big Z's."

"So, what d'ya know about Taris ki- I mean teen, or whatever?"

"Well, Taris is a pretty good place to grow up, but it can be boring and exciting at times. I also know you should never cross people like Calo Nord and Canderous Ordo. Well, Zaalbar and I have to get going. C'mon ya big furball, she said sarcasticly."

"But I haven't finished eating yet!"

"You can finish eating at the Beck base. Come on!"

"Hey Gryph, that Twilek looks familiar. We have to go to the Beck Base anyway. Maybe we'll see her there.....
 machievelli
12-28-2009, 11:13 AM
read
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
12-29-2009, 10:55 AM
Chapter 2: The Becks

"Oi, are you Zayne Carrick," the Beck Guard asked as Gryph and Zayne walked up to the entrence to the gang HQ.

"Indeed I am, and this is my friend Gryph. Your boss is expecting us?"

"Ahh yes, ow I reconize your companion, he helped with the resistance a few years back. And yes, Gaddon is waiting for you!"

"Thank you, and keep up the good work!" The two companions strolled into the beck base, it was renevated within the past few years and looked new, better than the previous design.

"Ahh, yes. Zayne Carrick and Marn Hieriogryph. Nice to finaly see you again. As always, lets get down to buisness. Your a Jedi, am I correct?"

"I don't like to consider myself a Jedi, I left the order an-"

"You can use the force and you weild a lightsaber. That's all I'm really asking."

"Yes sir!" Zayne said as he igited the yellow blade of his lightsaber. The yellow represented the Jedi Sentinal which, in fact, Zayne was, or at least used to be."

"Zayne, I seemed to of lost something of vital importance to the Becks in the Undercity, The plans to my base and all of its secrets and back entrences, and I'm afraid that my enemy gang, the Black Vulkars, may come across them. None of my men, even Zeadra, are brave enough to go down into the undercity to retreave the map, but the Vulkars have strong grunts who are often sent into the undercity. They have been more frequent the past three days because of the escape pods which crashed bellow."

"What were ya doin in the undercity?" Zayne curiously asked his future possible employer.

"I wasn't. We had a break in the other night and they stole our plans, so more vulkars would arrive in force. The idiot decided he would go through the sewers, but after my men persued, they saw him get killed by a rakgoul and they came back up to the surface."

Zayne said with a hint of interest in his voice "Why don't you just hire Calo Nord or even Canderous Ordo to do your dirty work. I'm sure they'ed be more than happy to do the work as long as they get paid a descent price."

"Hunters like Canderous and Calo are scum. I'm sure they would do the work, but we don't trust them. They could just as easy be bribed by the vulkars to give away information. We need someone loyal to us to do the work, someone who's force sensitive."

"I accept your offer Gaddon, I'll leave immediately. Say, do you happe to have a young twilek girl hang around here at times?"

"As a matter of fact, we do. Mission Vao is fourteen years of age and we offer her room and board as long as she does some scouting for us. Her brother Griff was a mechanic for us. He left a few years back and left little Mission in our care. Her wookie friend Zalbaar is a full fledge member of the gang and one of our strongest grunts. Look, she's right over there!" Zayne and Gryph walked over to Mission Vao.

'Mission Vao, why does that name ring a bell' Zayne thought to himself.

"Hey, I think I saw you and your buddy here in the cantina," the young twilek said as Zayne and Gryph went over to her.

"Hey! I'm Zayne Carrick, and this is Marn Heriogryph, I would like to cogradulate you for talking on those Vulkars!"

"Zayne!" Mission gave him a big hug. "You were friends of my brother's." Then Zayne remembered! Mission Vao, it was the cute little seven year old twilek he met during the war.

"Ahh yes, now I remember! Nice to see ya again."

"Hey, we'll talk later ok, Big Z and I are gonna go explore the Undercity."

"We have to go to the Undercity to. Can we come with?" Zayne asked.

"Sure! Big Z and I already have security passes. We can sneak passed those dim-witted Sith!"

"Alright, lets get going. It's getting kinda late and I'm gettig hungry!"

"Gryph, you just ate an hour ago!"
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
12-29-2009, 12:01 PM
Chapter 3: Lord of Pain

It was dusk at the Draay estate on Corusaunt, or at least what was left of it. There was nobody left in the Draay family, they were all dead, exept for one. Lucien Draay was in his parent's old chambers, the only room that wasn't severely damaged. He turned it into his personal meditation chambers.

As a child Lucien was neglected by his mother, but well loved by his father who died when he was five. His mother still loved him very much, but believed that he would reach his full potential if he trained with her brother in law Hazaan, brother of Barrison Draay and padawan. Then came the day Lucien was transfered to Taris. After completing his training, he became headmaster of the Jedi Tower on Taris. After a prophessy was forseen, he and his fellow masters had no choice but to kill ther students, but Draay's padawan Zayne Carrick escaped.

He then returned to his childhood home where he and his former master became corrupted by the darkside. The Draay estate was nearly destroyed and he and Haazen were corrupted. After he was defeated by his former apprentice Zayne, Haazen too was defeated. Now Lucien was left alone in his chambers waiting for something. He didn't know what it was, but he knew it was important, a life changing event.

Lucien didn't know, but at that very moment, a small Sith Buzzard with enough room to fit at least four people hovered over Draay Estate.

"Drop the bombs captain," an elderly woman said in a deep voice to the pilot. A shell fell from the buzzard, and as Lucien began meditating once again on the balcony of the castle, there was an explosion which hurtled Lucien down to the ground off of the balcony. The explosion was huge, and Lucien was too distracted to notice what it was doing to him. He was in the middle of the explosion, his body burning, his skin fracturing. He screamed in terror!

"Ahh, pain! YARGH rah!" then as soon as it began, it stopped. Lucien was no longer his self. He no longer had his blond hair and blue eyes. His white robes were torn. He had lost an eye, and the other one was bulging and angry yellow. His hair had all fell out and his body, was fractured and cracked. He was a pale monster, almost hard to believe he was human. He tought to himself 'Is this how my master Haazen felt in his accident?' At that moment, the Sith Buzzard landed. Out of the vessel came two dark figures, one a large intimidating man in black with a hood and an opaque mask. The other, an elderly woman with ponytails, and grey hair, and yellow eyes.

"Awaken monster!" she yelled at him.

"Yes?" Lucien said in a tone not like his British accent. His accent souded more Scottish in todays standerds.

"I am Darth Traya! Do you fear me?"

"Yes, I fear myself as well. I do not wish to know the outcome of the bomb."

"Good, fractured one." the woman said with a sinister smile, "This is my shaddow hand and apprentice Darth Nihilus." The man bowed his head and went back to crossing his arms. "Do you have a name?"

"My name is Lucien Draay milady! I wield the saber of my master Darth Hayze!" Lucien said as he ignited the crimson blade that had once belonged to his master Haazen.

"You shall be known as Darth Hayze in your master's place, fractured one."

"Damn the Jedi!" yelled Lucien with a sneer.

"Yes Darth Hayze, leave all evidence of Lucien Draay behind! Tear down your manor and your training will be complete!"

"Death to the Force!" He yelled even louder as he used force pull to tear down the Draay academy. he not only did this because his new master instructed him too, he did this because he wanted all trace of Lucien Draay gone. Soon, all that remained of his childhood home was rubble. As the three walked back to the ship, Lucien asked one favor of his new master. "I hated my master Haazen, I wish a new name for myself besides Darth Hayze!"

"What do you wish your name to be then, fractured one?"

"My master always called me by my nickname, which my mother always found sinister, it is the last part of my first name."

"Lets here it then, fractured one!" said Traya.

"My name is Darth Sion, Lord of Pain!" At that minute Lucien was dead, and Darth Sion was born......
Page: 1 of 1