Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

TSL robe hood (non-mask)

Page: 1 of 1
 Ghost
12-26-2009, 8:14 PM
Hi, I was wondering if you could help me with something. Im not a model myself, but i know this would take serious coding and animations. I noticed that there is an animation for one to remove their hood (like Handmaiden or Kreia), but not one to pull it on, unless i missed something.
I was thinking of adding an ability which puts a hood on you and adds a bonus +5 to stealth, but -3 to awareness (unless the guy is a force user). And if you take it off you lose the stealth bonus but get the awareness back.
And it would take some animating, unless its possible to reverse the order of the hood animation. So, what do you guys think?
 Lord of Hunger
12-27-2009, 7:38 PM
There is already such a mod by Canderis. You can find it on KOTORFiles.
 TriggerGod
12-27-2009, 8:41 PM
There is already such a mod by Canderis. You can find it on KOTORFiles.

If I understand him correctly, he wants to be able to pull up a hood from his robes. Or he wants to be able to pull up Brianna's or Kreia's hood on command. All of which is not possible.
 Ghost
12-27-2009, 9:05 PM
damn. why not though? we saw it ingame so there must be an animation and some command.
 TriggerGod
12-27-2009, 9:11 PM
damn. why not though? we saw it ingame so there must be an animation and some command.

There is an animation for Kreia to remove and pull up her hood. And I believe the Handmaiden and her sisters also have this ability.

But the models that Obsidian made for the robes do not have the animations for the job. Even if you managed to make a line in dialog that had the exile or one of his/her party members doing that animation, it would be in vain, as it wouldn't yield any results. I don't even think that any player model can use that animation, except for Kreia's model and Brianna's clothing model.
Page: 1 of 1