Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Tatooine Revealed, New Threat of Peace, and TOR Clichйs

Page: 1 of 1
 News
12-19-2009, 2:00 PM
The latest planet has been revealed for play in The Old Republic and it is none other than Tatooine: Quote from SeanDahlberg (Source) Far in the Outer Rim, the sands of Tatooine bake beneath the glare of two bright suns. Small pockets of barely civilized communities dot the desolate landscape, surrounded by the endless expanse of barren [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net... (http://www.starwarsmmo.net/news/tatooine-revealed-new-threat-of-peace-and-tor-cliches/)
 True_Avery
12-19-2009, 3:25 PM
Already know about Tatooine, don't care about the comics, but as far as the Clichйs go:

Monoclimates
Yep, pretty much. Instead of having Earth-like planets... or well, any realistic planet with different climates scattered throughout all the SW planets seem to be pretty much the same all over. I don't expect anything less from Tor.

Affirmative Action
Well of course. How else would we distinguish them as being alien? :p

Absentee Fathers
Unless Revan had a child or something this hopefully wont pop up much.

Super-scaled Villainy
Mandolorians sacking space? Check.
Sith destroying Temple and taking over Coruscant? Check.

Amputations
Probably not in the game, since Amputations have almost never occured in Star Wars games. I do remember reading somewhere that your character can have prosthetic body parts if you so choose.

Indigenous Empowerment
Oh I hope Endor isn't in this game. We'll probably be killing plenty of Sand People, though.

There Is Another
No doubt this will be the Player Character to a certain extent.

Parliamentary Procedure
I see a lot more killing in this game than talking, unfortunately.

"I have a bad feeling about this."
We already have Astro covering this quite nicely.

Pistol-Packing Royal Ladies
Perhaps not Royal, but I know I'll be playing a killer lady. Knowing Star Wars, there should be plenty female side characters who'll be more than willing to shoot. Don't expect any female main characters, though.
 Darth Avlectus
12-19-2009, 4:45 PM
Now this is going to make for some interesting fanfics. Rarely do you find SW without some allusion to Tattooine. Jedi enclave? This ought to be interesting.
Page: 1 of 1