Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need some help modding music in TSL.

Page: 1 of 1
 GreedyTurbo529
12-05-2009, 7:02 PM
Im new to modding so bear with me. Im following this tutorial http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=172250) and at the end of the second paragraph in part 2, it mentions changing the music file extension from .wav to .mp3. Im having problems with that. Is it talking about a regular conversion through a program like Total Video Converter, which is what I use. Because I tried, but when I convert the files to mp3 I cant open them up in any program and it says the file size is 0kb. Anyone know whats going on?

On a side note: I make videos, edit music, and make machinima. So I am somewhat familiar with Audacity and stuff like that. Just new to modding games.
 Canderis
12-05-2009, 7:33 PM
From what I understand, you just need to rename the file to a .mp3, although I am not too experienced with music so I could be wrong.
 GreedyTurbo529
12-05-2009, 8:18 PM
I dont think so, because all that does is add .mp3 to the end of the name.
 Canderis
12-05-2009, 8:21 PM
Yes, but somehow the game likes that. Could it hurt to try?
 Sith Holocron
12-05-2009, 8:26 PM
GreedyTurbo529, I've sent you a link to a site that should be able to help you.
 GreedyTurbo529
12-05-2009, 8:28 PM
Yes, but somehow the game likes that. Could it hurt to try?

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that, I tried. lol

And I just now noticed at the top of the post it says "Original Thread" in small blue text. How I overlooked that, I have no idea.

Edit: checked out the thread, only 2 posts. Will I get in trouble if I resurrect a 3 year old thread in this forum?
 Tonttu
12-06-2009, 10:16 AM
They are mp3 files disguised as wav files with fake header and file extension
The real file is encoded with LAME 3.93 starting at 0xC7
This fake header is what causes problems with some media players, most notably mplayer and ffmpeg.

I had problems when trying to play and convert the files with mplayer/mencoder and ffmpeg on Linux so I wrote a small tool to remove the fake header.
I remember there being some files that had different structure but this tool should work on most of the files.

Here's a win32 binary of the tool: http://h.imagehost.org/download/0235/kotorwav2mp3)
Usage: kotorwav2mp3 input [output]
if output isn't specified it defaults to input with .mp3 extension
 GreedyTurbo529
12-09-2009, 6:02 PM
Ill check it out Tonttu, but the link Sith Holocron gave me came with a HQ music update, and those files work just fine. Now on to the new problem. lol

Ok so, I find a file I want to replace, I get a song, I rename the song Im adding to the same exact name as the name of the track Im replacing, like the tutorial says. in paragraph 3 of part 2 http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=172250) But when I do, one of two things happen, in game, one no music plays, nuff said. Or two, I hear an unpleasant, glichy, digital sound and its like, Glitchy noise ......5 sec pause........ Glitchy noise ......5 sec pause........ you see that pattern. Anyone know what causes this? Sorry for my noobness.

BTW, thanks for the help everyone.
Page: 1 of 1