Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Surround sound problem

Page: 1 of 1
 vasser
11-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Hello,
I have a surround sound system and using a Creative sound card with an analog sound output.
When playing in the game I experience the following sound issues:

In some cutscenes the sound is not synchronized with the actions.
The music of the game comes only from the left speaker
Some of the sounds in the game are not surround based (comes from the wrong speaker)

In all of the other games I have played I do not recall a similar problem, and the surround sound was never an issue.
I saw on some other forums people reporting the same problem, but without a solution (other than use the digital output, which is not a proper solution for me).

(I have updated to the game version of 1.1)
 jrrtoken
12-04-2009, 9:29 PM
Have you checked to see if you have the latest drivers for your Creative card? (Which reminds me, what model of card do you have?). If you could also tell me what OS you're running, then we might get somewhere. :)
 vasser
12-05-2009, 5:06 AM
I am using the latest drivers, I have a Creative Audigy 2 Value under Windows 7.
 Hazuki_san
12-20-2009, 7:53 PM
I'm having the exact same problem here, it pisses me off, this is such a bad port over all and I've spent 50 euros on it for this...

I really like this game and have enjoyed the xbox version wich was great, I thought I'd be upgrading by buying the PC version in the end it was more like downgrading.

Sound card: Creative SB x-fi titanium with the latest drivers

Problem: The same as the OP surround doesn't work right except in the pre-rendered cutscenes, music comes out only from 1 speaker out of 5.
 Cessus
12-22-2009, 7:04 PM
hello..

got also exactly the same problem.

sb-xfi card / vista 64.

i really hope, someone knows how to fix this.

its really strange/annoying that all the other sounds seem to be either not loud enough or coming from the right only etc.

maybe there is a way to tell the game, what kind of sound hardware/software/driver it should use ... as in nearly every other game.

waiting for a solution.

Cessus
 DarthSlinky
01-11-2010, 12:05 AM
I'm going off guess work here, but I had audio issues on my vista x64 with games like this before. I just turned my sound from 7.1 to 5.1 and it works, allso the HD audio thing just get rid of that, it does weird things with some games.
 ManBearPig
03-08-2011, 7:16 PM
I am having surround sound problems too. For me I only get music from my front left speaker. And the sounds aren't surround sound based.

I have the latest patch. And I have the latest drivers for my X-Fi Titanium Fatality Pro sound card.

I would really like a fix for this because it really ruins the game :(
Page: 1 of 1