Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi players... Knight or Consular?

Page: 1 of 1
 Jeff
11-23-2009, 7:08 PM
To all you would-be Jedi out there, now that there are two Jedi classes will you select the Jedi Knight or the Jedi Consular?

I did not expect there to be two Jedi classes and pretty much since the beginning when they have said 'Jedi' I assumed there would only be one class, so when they announced the Jedi Knight I thought that was it and that was what I'd go with. Now I am not completely sure, but I imagine I'll stick with the Knight over the Consular (even though I played Consular the most in KotOR). I am liking the art style of the Consular though from those magazine scans. I'm looking forward to hearing how their stories will be different.

P.S. somebody should make this thread for the Sith classes. :p
 darthfergie
11-24-2009, 12:28 PM
I'm sitting on the fence here. I think I'd lean more towards Knight, but right now the Consular is so sketchy I'm not sure. I mean I remember KOTOR and being a Consular meant that I was severely handicapped on the final boss and was reduced to hack and slash anyways. So I've already got a bad taste in my mouth from the class name.

I guess this is their form of a D&D priest...which I'm not too thrilled about. Every good group will need one, but right now I'm not convinced. Mainly because I'm not so sure how these skills don't overlap with the Knight class already in the game who we've seen force pushing and such already.

Kinda weird though.
All the classes so far are named fairly simply with stuff like Warrior, Trooper, Bounty Hunter, Smuggler. All basic. Then words like Consular and Inquisitor get dropped and they make me question just what I'm doing.
 Tobias Reiper
11-28-2009, 2:37 PM
I'll probably play both.

Why?

Because I can.
 LordOfTheFish
11-29-2009, 12:29 PM
Well, you probably wont catch me playing as a Jedi class, but I'd like to answer this question any way assuming that I would play as a Jedi. And my definite answer is Knight. I've found now that I much more prefer a class focused on melee attacks, and strength. Not on studying the mysteries of the force. :dozey:
 Darca Lar
12-09-2009, 4:05 PM
I may be a Jedi, and if I do I'll be a Knight. I'm not the consular type.
 EricDraven
04-16-2010, 2:29 PM
 Gurges-Ahter
04-16-2010, 5:57 PM
Jedi will probably be the 2nd class I play, after Sith Inquisitor. I'll probably go with a Consular, given the hints we've been dropped so far. The Consular has some interesting Aurebesh on the Holonet page. I'm all about story.
 urluckyday
04-16-2010, 7:32 PM
If I ended up being a Jedi...I think I'd choose consular. Pretty cool to see that class in the game at all...
 True_Avery
04-17-2010, 4:12 AM
I play 1 of 2 classes in all games I play:

The run and gun, in your face lyrical sword smith

or a glass cannon.

So, my two classes will most likely be Knight/Trooper, and/or Sith/Bounty Hunter.
 Dervish108
05-03-2010, 1:35 PM
I've been playing healing and supporting classes since the beginning of World of Warcraft.

I thought I'd like to play Consular in keeping with that tradition, but at this point, I want something different. I want to deal damage to the Sith, and lots of it.

I'm hoping there will be a wide variety of lightsaber techniques that are each useful in different situations, making a tactically rich class to play.

If not, I'll be happy playing any of the other classes, really.
 Prime
05-04-2010, 1:24 PM
Probably Knight for me. Lightsaber is the priority.
 Pho3nix
05-04-2010, 4:48 PM
Knight!
 Mav
05-04-2010, 10:44 PM
I'd be a Knisular!
 Prime
05-10-2010, 11:45 AM
You should get that checked.
 Feagildin
05-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Consular. I wanna sit around the temple on Tython and level up to cap just by completing quests via out of body experiences! Ok, so maybe that last bit isn't true, but I wouldn't mind at the same time. lol
 TheRogueForums
06-09-2010, 8:29 AM
Consular for me, so far. They seem to be more in tune with the living Force.
 Prime
06-09-2010, 8:32 AM
You'll never make onto the Council with that attitude. :)
 Rasmu_Clbos
06-28-2010, 4:02 PM
Jedi Knight for me by default, but I'd lean toward the more force oriented advance branch of the Jedi Knight if there is one. What I do in my KOTOR 2 playthroughs is usually go Guardian for the basic DD feats then do Jedi Master prestige class. What I end up with is what I believe is a nice mix of the best of both worlds.
 dswtor
07-24-2010, 3:04 PM
i think the consular is going to be the most popular class in the game. look at any poll.
 Zhasios
09-01-2011, 12:43 PM
I'm going to be playing a Knight. If I choose the Jedi class.
 Jae Onasi
09-04-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm going to give Consular-Sage a try at launch. You can never have too many healer types.
 MajikMyst
09-12-2011, 6:30 AM
Boy.. GE is going to have to make a lot more water heaters for all the consulars.. I sure hope whom ever goes around and buries them in the ground isn't busy for the next few years..

Jedi Knight for me.. Sentinal.. No water heaters required.. :thmbup1:
 Qui-Don Jorn
09-15-2011, 9:54 PM
Consular for sure...as my name was intended to imply..advanced class I dunno.
I like to sit back and heal/buff..use force powers..then, anything gets close I smash them with my green double-bladed.
You'll eventually see me around as Qui-Don Jorn. At some point Im pretty sure.
 Ascended_Mike
10-23-2011, 11:54 AM
Consular/Inquisitor because most people will be playing the saber swinging class of these two.
Will Consular bring unique buffs to the party?

...I know nothing.
 mattig89ch
11-29-2011, 1:25 PM
I was playing a knight in the beta, but I was going to go back and create a councelor. wanted to throw those flesh raiders around like ragdolls
 Lynk Former
11-29-2011, 6:44 PM
When I do get around to playing the Jedi characters, I'll probably play Knight first since I'm going dark side with him and light side with my consular.
 mattig89ch
11-29-2011, 7:02 PM
that'll be interesting. are you going to start out ls and go ds? or are you starting out ds?
 Lynk Former
11-29-2011, 11:47 PM
I'll just be choosing the dark side options all the way through and being as much of an ass with the Jedi as I can be lol.
 Scorge
12-05-2011, 7:45 AM
Jedi Knight, single saber better for me. :D
 the_raven
05-27-2013, 9:45 AM
I chose Knight - Sentinel (hate having to carry two lightsabers though) and Consular - Shadow
 Darth Avlectus
08-25-2013, 12:26 AM
I'm playing consular just to get it out of the way and supposedly it had the most "meh" story. TBH, I'm just glad to be playing anything at all by this point and it doesn't seem so bad--voice acting is definitely lopsided in favor of light side. As a shadow.

Piggybacking roomie's acct.

Currently at lv 16 on coruscant. Bergeren Colony server.

Haven't given much thought to Jedi Knight. I'm definitely a fiend for attacking and love two saber style, so I'll probably go sentinel. Honestly, though, I do see some benefit to tanking so I'd make an additional JK Guardian.

As a Consular>Shadow, I want to try to make her as curt as possible without being arrogant sounding. The dark sided options...just stick out too much by their voiced sound.
Page: 1 of 1