Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kotor Gameplay Improvement Mod

Page: 1 of 1
 Ghost
11-19-2009, 5:25 PM
yes, i did post this before, but i made many errors, and since i changed the name, i think it would be necessary for a new topic.

What i am going to do: Right now, i am working on getting some party members their personal items, or improve what they already have. Some may say it is too high, like missions stuff, but this would also be helpful in the future of the game. I am also adding Revan's items to the game. Currently, they are placed in the tomb of Naga Sadow on Korriban. These characters will have either new personal items, improved items, or both

Party Item Improvement:
Bastila
Carth
Mission
Jolee
Canderous

And I am going to change the AI a bit, make bosses more harder. Heres another thing. I think that the creators of Kotor made NPCs too weak, like sith soldiers or republic soldiers. For all sith or republic soldiers, except the Endar Spire, their levels will be changed from 1 to 3, and heavy troopers to 5, to make them less of pushovers. As you dont encounter Sith from the Spire until you reach the Sith Base. I also will modify the officers and Dark Jedi, who will have a higher lvl, improved feats, etc. These bosses will be modified:
Darth Malak
Darth Bandon
Darth Bastila
Saul Karath

NEW!

I was thinking, some of the force powers are a little weak, don't you think? If Force Wave was to be powerful, why is it so weak? So, i am improving some of the force powers, and maybe i will add a few. You never know. But these I am definately Modifying:
Force Push
Force Wave
Saber Throw
Advanced Saber Throw

And this is not all, I am going to voice act Revan for this. At first these two will be seperated, but after i finish the items, i will start Voice acting Revan. For those who want one or both, that is why i am releasing them both together and seperate. However, i will only be able to voice act a male PC
Here is an Example conversation between Revan and a PC

Carth: Yes, what's on your mind?
PC clicks on (Do you know anything about this world?)

When the PC is choosing an option, he/she has what a pc' normal conversation animation would be, then when he/she chooses, the camera stays focused on the pc, while he/she talks. The PC will have then the conversation animation that everybody else has, whether male or female.

PC w/ voice: Do you know anything about this world?
Camera turns to Carth
Carth: I don't know much about this place, sorry.
PC chooses again. Same setup, options, and rules as explained above
PC: Never mind
Carth: You got it.

Sometimes the PC has statements/sentences that are said commonly, like what the pc said about. Things like: Never mind, ill be going now, or both together, or Do you know anything about this world will have the same voice clip. Or like when the PC asks Bastila to show him/her a vision.

There is a problem. I dont have the items or tools required to Voice act the PC yet, but i will get them as soon as i can. However, I am getting close to finishing the Party Member Item Pack, so if i get the AI finished as well, i can release part of the mod, and release the rest as a pack once i finish Voice Acting.
 JuniorModder
11-19-2009, 5:41 PM
This mod will skyrocket through the roof if you can get voice actors for ALL of the diferent Revans. IE: Black, White, Asian Males and Females. I don't think Asian will be that different that White though.

You ought to get Audacity. It's great for VO's. ;)

But I think that you should leave Endar Spire alone. It's hard enough by itself. I died many times on normal difficulty. :xp:

JM
 Ghost
11-19-2009, 5:57 PM
yea, thats why i said i will not change the AI on the Endar Spire
 JuniorModder
11-19-2009, 5:59 PM
Lol oops misread it.

I can do skins, dialog editing, and VO's, though I don't know how much help I can be with this mod.

JM
 Ghost
11-19-2009, 6:06 PM
you're welcome to join if you like. I am getting a microphone tomorrow, and will start the VO. And I am gonna get a site up
 JuniorModder
11-19-2009, 6:29 PM
Where will you record? Bc, if you're just in a room at your house (like me), you'll want to turn off the fan, and anything that will cause any noise at all.

JM
 Ghost
11-19-2009, 6:39 PM
yeah, i am at home, but my comp makes some noise, don't be suprised if you hear background noise.
 JuniorModder
11-19-2009, 7:37 PM
There are ways of removing background noise. ;)

JM
 Darth Avlectus
11-19-2009, 8:20 PM
I think before you go off the deep end you ought to see for yourself just what has already been done. I.E. Darth Malak improvement mod.
 Ghost
11-19-2009, 10:10 PM
yeah, well has anybody done a voice acting project for the PC? No, of course not. Yes, i know there have been item addings before, but seriously i am not just going to add party items
 Clepsydra
11-21-2009, 2:13 AM
Will you be looking for a voice-actor for female Revan?
(Oh look, you've persuaded me to make my first post. :P)
 Sith Holocron
11-21-2009, 2:44 AM
What sort of microphone are you using? If you're investing the time to record every single line of Revan's, you should invest in a microphone that do the job properly. Don't rely on a cheap microphone to get the job done. ;)
 Ghost
11-21-2009, 11:03 AM
What sort of microphone are you using? If you're investing the time to record every single line of Revan's, you should invest in a microphone that do the job properly. Don't rely on a cheap microphone to get the job done. ;)

This one is new, i got it from a local electronic store, it is similar to Best Buy. Plus, it blocks out background noise
 The Betrayer
11-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Better use a small closet or isolated room to be sure. ;)
 Ghost
11-21-2009, 12:03 PM
unfortunately my computer is a desktop so it cannot be moved.
 VarsityPuppet
11-21-2009, 3:38 PM
And this is not all, I am going to voice act Revan for this. At first these two will be seperated, but after i finish the items, i will start Voice acting Revan. For those who want one or both, that is why i am releasing them both together and seperate. However, i will only be able to voice act a male PC
Here is an Example conversation between Revan and a PC

Carth: Yes, what's on your mind?
PC clicks on (Do you know anything about this world?)

When the PC is choosing an option, he/she has what a pc' normal conversation animation would be, then when he/she chooses, the camera stays focused on the pc, while he/she talks. The PC will have then the conversation animation that everybody else has, whether male or female.

PC w/ voice: Do you know anything about this world?
Camera turns to Carth
Carth: I don't know much about this place, sorry.
PC chooses again. Same setup, options, and rules as explained above
PC: Never mind
Carth: You got it.

Sometimes the PC has statements/sentences that are said commonly, like what the pc said about. Things like: Never mind, ill be going now, or both together, or Do you know anything about this world will have the same voice clip. Or like when the PC asks Bastila to show him/her a vision.

Hm... that could probably work. Be prepared for a large amount of tedium though. I mean, LARGE.
 Ghost
11-21-2009, 5:07 PM
yeah, i know that. Unfortunately, i cant record my voice. I have just come down with the cold, of all the times, why thanksgiving break? Oh well, i do need someone else to VO Revan because my voice is too high, but i can do everything else
 Sith Holocron
11-21-2009, 7:29 PM
Go check out the voice actor forums. However, be prepared for heartbreak as I doubt there's anyone there that's willing to take up a voice project over there of this magnitude.

Two Voice Actor forum links to get you started:

http://voiceacting.proboards.com/index.cgi?)

http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/)
 Ghost
11-21-2009, 8:25 PM
yeah, i know that. I already got one, i think. I hope he is up to the job
 Sith Holocron
11-21-2009, 11:52 PM
Will you be looking for a voice-actor for female Revan?

I almost play a male Revan so this mod won't help me out so I was hoping you'd answer this question.

Also, will we be able to see Revan's lips move as well?
 Ghost
11-22-2009, 12:32 AM
thats what i am hoping for. Right now only me and JuniorModder are working on the VO, so we may need more help soon. I did finish the item pack and AI so i will release it soon once i am sure it is ready.

Oh, and if the male voicing project is successful we will hire a female PC voice actor.
 Sith Holocron
11-22-2009, 1:05 AM
Perhaps you should re-title the thread to "Male Revan Voicing Project" or something like that?
 Ghost
11-22-2009, 11:11 AM
well it doesn't just focus on the voicing
 JuniorModder
11-24-2009, 12:43 PM
J-MKII: I expect the pay is good. ;)

Just kidding.:xp:

Sith Holocron: If you are part of his social group you'll see some images of the non-VO things he's done.

JM
Page: 1 of 1