Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

PC and Unique NPC animations

Page: 1 of 1
 Ghost
11-10-2009, 6:41 PM
I have a question, and this is not a stupid one. Is it possible to replace animations with default animations which the PC has? Say Darth Nihilus cause everybody knows he has a lot of missing animations, so could it be possible to replace those missing animations by adding the ones the pc had?
 jonathan7
11-10-2009, 6:55 PM
At this time what you are suggestion is not possible I'm affraid, otherwise it would have been done already ;)
 Trench
11-10-2009, 7:09 PM
Actually j7, one modder has done something similar. I won't say type his name, but he did a wonderful job allowing our favorite assassin droid to use melee animations. I'll send him a PM, and see what he's up to...
 jonathan7
11-10-2009, 7:15 PM
Actually j7, one modder has done something similar. I won't say type his name, but he did a wonderful job allowing our favorite assassin droid to use melee animations. I'll send him a PM, and see what he's up to...

As far as I'm aware, the HK being the same size means his body mesh and skeleton are similar making such an adjustment easy, but Malak and Nihilus have a much taller body model, so AFAIK it wouldn't be possible on them. Feel free to prove me wrong :xp:
 Ghost
11-10-2009, 7:47 PM
well, how did he get a melee animation for HK-47?
 Ӄhrizby
11-10-2009, 10:08 PM
 Sith Holocron
11-10-2009, 10:19 PM
In those screenshots, are Nihilus' hands a bit warped as well - or was that present in the original model?
 Trench
11-10-2009, 10:19 PM
And the frog fingers :p
Nah, nice work Ӄhrizby. I think you just set a new record for yourself. :D

@Above: His head has got some warping in there. But like Ӄhrizby said, he's working on fixing those.
 jonathan7
11-10-2009, 10:21 PM
I know I'll need to fix some bugs; I see the face distortion, the stiff cape, and the weapon placement.

Always nice to be proven wrong :)
 Ӄhrizby
11-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Okay, and the frog fingers :p
Yeah, yeah, working on it . . .
Always nice to be proven wrong
Well, I don't know about always :p
 Ghost
11-10-2009, 10:51 PM
wait, have you uploaded it yet? when or if you do, can you pm me the link? cause that kind of model is what i was looking for. nice skills at the animating by the way
 Ӄhrizby
11-10-2009, 11:05 PM
wait, have you uploaded it yet? when or if you do, can you pm me the link? cause that kind of model is what i was looking for. nice skills at the animating by the way
No, I haven't uploaded it, I'm still working out the bugs, but I'll be sure to let you know when I do :)
And actually I didn't animate it, per say, just applied another model's animations.
 Ghost
11-10-2009, 11:21 PM
how did you replace the animations though? did you work with the uti/utc files? or was it the model itself?
 JuniorModder
11-10-2009, 11:25 PM
how did you replace the animations though? did you work with the uti/utc files? or was it the model itself?

Maybe by editing animations.2da?

JuniorModder
 Ghost
11-11-2009, 9:46 AM
Maybe by editing animations.2da?

JuniorModder

yeah, i looked at animations 2da, so how does that apply to nihilus cause it is just the animations in general that i saw.
 Ӄhrizby
11-11-2009, 12:43 PM
No, it actually is in the model itself. Most models have a 'super' model it's linked to, and this super provides the animations. Nihilus, however, has no super, and his animations are stored separately in his model. I start with an already animated model, like one of the PCs or a party member, and re-weight Nihilus' skin to their bones, which use their super. I delete all the leftover stuff, and I'm left with a Nihilus skin responding to a PC's animations. :D

Oh, also, a small update: I fixed the weapon placement and head warping so far . . .
 Ghost
11-11-2009, 2:17 PM
wait, are you replacing all of the animations, or are you just adding the ones that are missing?
 HdVaderII
11-11-2009, 9:20 PM
Wow, very nice!

Are you planning on releasing this?
 Ӄhrizby
11-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Yeah, I'll release it soon.
wait, are you replacing all of the animations, or are you just adding the ones that are missing?
Yeah, this'll replace all of them. I know of no easy way to add just a few . . .
 jonathan7
11-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Yeah, I'll release it soon.

Yeah, this'll replace all of them. I know of no easy way to add just a few . . .

Ah, there we go... I was unfortunately right, I had read the request as keeping Nihilus animations and add the missing ones, which is still AFAIK impossible ;)
 Ӄhrizby
11-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Alright, if you put it that way, yes, you're right, it's not possible as of now . . . :)
but the PC does everything Nihilus does anyway, as well as everything that's missing, so it's basically the same thing :p
 jonathan7
11-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Alright, if you put it that way, yes, you're right, it's not possible as of now . . . :)
but the PC does everything Nihilus does anyway, as well as everything that's missing, so it's basically the same thing :p

I thought Nihilus had the same unique flourish and saber use animations that Malak had in K1?
 Ӄhrizby
11-12-2009, 9:43 PM
Oh, maybe. That may be why he was animated separately in the first place. I personally haven't tried to play as him, so I wouldn't know . . .
 ZimmMaster
11-13-2009, 5:32 PM
I too, would like a pm when this mod is completed. If it is not too much trouble.

-ZM-
 Ӄhrizby
01-28-2010, 12:12 AM
Alright, I know it's been awhile, but HERE (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Darth_Nihilus_Animation_FIx;109555)it) is!

Enjoy!
Khrizby
Page: 1 of 1