Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Basic Modding Question

Page: 1 of 1
 Desch
10-31-2009, 9:10 PM
So I started to make my own lightsaber, and downloaded the tutorial to do so. However, I have a few questions..

Templates – Assign properties to the item(s). Use the file reference to determine what files you need. For instance g_w_sbrcrstl14 is the code for Blue Lightsaber Crystal. Knowing this information will help ensure that you extract the correct files.

• g_w_sbrcrstlxx.uti <BIFs/templates.bif/g_w_sbrcrstxx.uti>
• g_w_lghtsbrxx.uti <BIFs/templates.bif/g_w_lghtsbrxx.uti>

Models – Used to render the image of your item in-game

• w_lght_xxx.mdl <Bifs/items.bif/w_lght_xxx.mdl>
• w_lght_xxx.mdx <Bifs/items.bif/w_lght_xxx.mdx>

I assume that the xxx doesn't have to be the same value as xx, but that each bullet point set/pair has to be the same value?

iw_sbrcrstl_xxx.tga <ERFs/texturepacks/swpc_tex_gui.erf/iw_sbrcrstl_xxx.tpc>
iw_lghtsbr_xxx.tga <ERFs/texturepacks/swpc_tex_gui.erf/iw_lghtsbr_xxx.tpc>
w_lsabre<color>01.tga <ERFs/swpc_tex_tpa.erf/w_lsabreturq01.tpc>

I also assume these values can be different?

*Required* w_lsabre<color>01.txt – You should create this file in your save folder and copy the special instructions from w_lsabre<color>01.tpc into the body of the file. You will change this file later.

This I have no clue on. What do I put in here?

Open your Hex editor and use File<Open to open w_lghtsbr_0XX.mdl.

• BREATHE!

• Use the Text Find function to locate the references to your w_lsabre<color>01 file. I usually look for “01” or the color (“blue, red, turq, etc) to ensure that I find it right away.
• Very carefully change the 01 to 02

• There are 4 of these references. Find the other three and change them as well.

##Note: Double Bladed lightsabers will have 8 of these references.
###Note: changing only some of these references will result in a multi colored saber blade

• Save your file

I find 8 in all files except for one (9). Am I doing something wrong? I change the lightsaber00x to my model number, which isn't what he's telling me what to do, but I can't find that file reference anywhere. I'm using Notepad++ for my text editor.

Sorry guys, I'm trying to learn!
 Desch
11-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Hmm... think I figured it out. Gonna test it later.

EDIT: tested it, and the item shows up, but I can't equip the lightsaber without the game crashing. Interesting.
Page: 1 of 1