Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Varsity's Trayus Academy Rank Reformation Mod

Page: 1 of 1
 VarsityPuppet
10-30-2009, 5:04 PM
I posted this on DeadlyStream too.

This thread is the official announcement of the VTARRM.

What is this exactly?

Well, it's just a little non intrusive tweak that'll change the Sith Lords, Sith Marauders, Sith Apprentices, Dark Jedi and Dark Jedi Apprentices in the Trayus Academy (and the one Elite Sith Assassin too.) Oh yeah, it tweaks some difficulty too.

The initial reason behind making this mod was to make it compatible with the TSLRCM. After finding out that the existing mod: Trayus Academy Clothing Fix by Sith Revan would install into the TSLRCM with no problems, this just became my own random tweaking mod instead.

Here's some sweet stuff I implemented:

Random Appearances:
Rather than using the same ol' appearance for every character, I added a function to the onspawn script which randomizes some character appearances. For Dark Jedi, any appearance selectable by the PC is fair game. For Sith Apprentices, Marauders and Lords, it's a little less limited. It really adds a nice touch and makes it seem less... tedious.

Random Lightsabers:
This is a matter of personal preference, but I find it annoying how Dark Jedi/Sith always have Red Lightsabers... especially Dark Jedi. They haven't made the full conversion the the 'Sith way of things', so I like seeing that reflection in their personal choice of sabers. Again, taking away from the tedium that is Trayus Academy.

Difficulty tweaks:
All have more Force Powers and Force Points in general, making them harder to kill. I tried to give them unique feats too.

I switched up appearances too:

Sith Lord: Wearing Dark Jedi Master Robes. Not terribly original, but eh well

Sith Marauders: Wearing DarkJediHi robes with Sith Mask (I thought the masks would add a nice touch )

Sith Apprentices: Wearing DarkJediMid robes

Dark Jedi Apprentices: Wearing Dark Padawan Robes

Dark Jedi: Wearing Dark Jedi Robes.

Screenshots are... pending.
I lost the ability to do so with the cleaning out of my computer.

There is one question I have though: Is the use of textures from Kotor 1 in Kotor 2 acceptable? Or would this fall under porting....?

If so, it's not the end of the world.. but I would have to change some script stuff.

What do you all think? Suggestions are welcomed DEMANDED lol jk
 Mono_Giganto
10-30-2009, 5:17 PM
There is one question I have though: Is the use of textures from Kotor 1 in Kotor 2 acceptable? Or would this fall under porting....?

If they do not exist in TSL's assets, than it's pretty much the definition of porting.
 VarsityPuppet
10-30-2009, 5:31 PM
If they do not exist in TSL's assets, than it's pretty much the definition of porting.

Yeah, that's what I figured, but I thought I'd ask just to make sure. At any rate, it's an easy fix. I shall not bring it up again.
 Mr. Shadow
10-30-2009, 6:29 PM
Sounds very cool, can't wait for it to be released.
 Trench
10-30-2009, 6:32 PM
Sounds cool. Would you also be able to set the Dark Jedi etc, to use the Dark Side transitions of the PC heads?
 jrrtoken
10-30-2009, 6:43 PM
To be honest, Malachor V is too far of a nauseating trek for any mod, either restoration or rebalancing, to completely alleviate it. There would probably have to be a complete rewrite of the modules to have something that was even the slightest bit dungeon crawl-y...
 VarsityPuppet
10-30-2009, 6:49 PM
To be honest, Malachor V is too far of a nauseating trek for any mod, either restoration or rebalancing, to completely alleviate it. There would probably have to be a complete rewrite of the modules to have something that was even the slightest bit dungeon crawl-y...

Module editing can get nauseating...

...but considering all I had to do was build some neat-O scripts and change only a couple of UTCs, this is hardly the case.

Alas, it is not my goal to completely fix Malachor: just to change the Force Users.
Page: 1 of 1