Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

T3-M4 Dialog Skipping Fix

Page: 1 of 1
 Mono_Giganto
10-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Hey everyone. :)

This is a small fix that should prevent T3's dialog lines from randomly skipping as they occasionally did in the original version of the game.

The reason T3's dialog skips occasionally is because Obsidian incorporated a way to override a dialog's VOs with VOs selected from a table; specifically, alienvo.2da. T3 is considered an alien in this respect, as all of his lines are taken from this 2DA, and any VO specifications in his dialog are ignored. The issue arose because some of the filenames referenced in alienvo.2da did not exist. I simply pointed those lines to the corresponding utility droid lines, or in some cases, to other T3 lines of similar emotion.

It's possible that this mod does not cover every single instance of skipping, since T3 could possibly have lines in other dialogs that do not make use of this file. Hopefully, such lines do not exist, and if they exist, hopefully they are not bugged, but if I come across any as I play, I will release an update. I've played through 2 planets with T3 so far, though, without any problems.

Download (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/T3M4_Dialog_Skipping_Fix;105091)

Enjoy!
 Laar_Dha
10-15-2009, 12:30 PM
What a great idea.:thmbup1: I'm really going to enjoy this. That glitch was pretty darn irritating. I've always wanted to actually see T-3 talking to Grenn and it always skips. This one deserves a big :hugs:
 SW01
10-15-2009, 12:38 PM
Ah excellent! Any improvement to that annoying little bug is most welcome - many thanks Mono_Giganto! :thmbup1:
 Miltiades
10-15-2009, 1:20 PM
Fixes are always appreciated. Good job, Mono.
 Mindtwistah
10-15-2009, 4:50 PM
THANK YOU

Thank you.

This bug annoyed the sith out of me.

Edit: ****ing **** censor!
 Qui-Gon Glenn
10-19-2009, 7:59 PM
Yes, thank you. Another mod I used to play had fixed it well, but I like that this mod stands alone and plays nicely with others, like mods are supposed to.

Thank you Mono!
 Mono_Giganto
10-19-2009, 9:20 PM
Yes, thank you. Another mod I used to play had fixed it well, but I like that this mod stands alone and plays nicely with others, like mods are supposed to.

Thank you Mono!

Interesting, I've never actually seen a mod that corrected this; had I, I probably would have just used that one! :p

Glad you appreciate it for its smallness, though. :xp:
 Mono_Giganto
10-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Now that I've actually been able to play, I've come across a rather small bug with this mod; despite the corrections to the 2DA file, T3's "sad" dialog entries would still skip. I compared T3's "sad" folder to the rest of his folders, and noticed that it was the only folder not to contain three clips for each length of response; it only had one each for short, medium, and long. I made two copies of each and sure enough, that fixed the problem.

I'll be reuploading the file soon, I just need to double check with Shem or J7 to make sure I'm not stepping on any toes by editing my own submission. In the meantime, this is a simple thing to fix:

Navigate to "StreamVoice\AVO\_T3M4SA" within the game's directory, copy all three files in that folder twice, and change the 1 to a 2, and then to a 3. I'm sure there's a more efficient way to tell the game to only view the first copy of the file rather than duplicating it, but I didn't feel like spending hours trying to learn how the game would do that, when I could just let Windows do it for me. :p
 Mono_Giganto
10-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Here (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/T3M4_Dialog_Skipping_Fix;105819) is the updated file.

I've played halfway through the game with this version, with T3 more or less in my party the entire time, and have not encountered any skips so I don't think there should be any more issues.
 Achilles
11-02-2009, 11:44 PM
hehe, I set out to fix this about 3 different times and then promptly became interested in another game. I'm glad to see that someone finally got around to making this happen.

Well done, Your Monkeyness.
 Mono_Giganto
11-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Glad I could be of service. :p
Page: 1 of 1