Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KotOR Tool - Slight problem

Page: 1 of 1
 Sirenfal
10-12-2009, 7:36 PM
I'm sure this is extremely obvious, but after looking at KotOR Tool for the past five minutes I can't seem to find a way to edit an item's .uti that is a custom item in my override folder.

How can I do that?

Thanks.
 jonathan7
10-12-2009, 7:43 PM
I'm sure this is extremely obvious, but after looking at KotOR Tool for the past five minutes I can't seem to find a way to edit an item's .uti that is a custom item in my override folder.

How can I do that?

Thanks.

Double click on it. Or if the file isn't yet associated with KotOR tool click "File" in KotOR Tool then "Open" then direct to the Override and the .uti and the click "Open"

Alternatively you could go straight to the .uti in the Override right click on it and click "Open With" you will then have to direct the file path finder to the KotOR Tool executable (in the KotOR Tool Folder).
 Canderis
10-12-2009, 7:44 PM
You go to file-open gff files, then browse for your override folder.
 Mr. Shadow
10-12-2009, 7:45 PM
Aweeesommeeee. I never knew you could do this. BTW, instead of hitting an "Open" button in File, hit open GFF file.

I'm off to go mod custom UTIs :D
 Sirenfal
10-12-2009, 11:59 PM
I actually tried that already, and I get:

"The file ' *any UTI file* ' has no embedded version info. Do you want to open in using KotOR I's data?"

Selecting Yes will crash the program with an error, and No does nothing.

The error is "Cast from string "ERROR" to type "Integer" is not valid.".

JIT stack trace below.

System.InvalidCastException: Cast from string "ERROR" to type 'Integer' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.DoubleType. Parse(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.IntegerType .FromString(String Value)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.IntegerType .FromString(String Value)
at kotor_tool.frmUTI_Editor.ReadPropsAndLoadGrid()
at kotor_tool.frmUTI_Editor.Setup()
at kotor_tool.frmUTI_Editor..ctor(clsUTI UTIClass, Int32 KotorVerIndex, Boolean IsDirectEdit, String EditingPath)
at kotor_tool.frmMain.OpenGFFFileInEditor(String filepath, Int32 formLocationOffset)
at kotor_tool.frmMain.miOpenGFFFile_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItemData.Execute()
at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage (Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(M essage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
 stoffe
10-13-2009, 2:03 AM
Selecting Yes will crash the program with an error, and No does nothing.

The error is "Cast from string "ERROR" to type "Integer" is not valid.".

KotorTool will throw exceptions fairly often while working with its various editors. Most of the time you just have to press the "Continue" button in the exception/error dialog box and try again. After a few tries it (curiously enough) tends to give up being difficult and do what you want. :)

The times it does persist with the errors it's usually some other custom file or data that is missing that is associated with that you try to open (like missing lines in some 2DA file that it tries to look up or such).
 Sirenfal
10-13-2009, 12:45 PM
KotorTool will throw exceptions fairly often while working with its various editors. Most of the time you just have to press the "Continue" button in the exception/error dialog box and try again. After a few tries it (curiously enough) tends to give up being difficult and do what you want. :)

The times it does persist with the errors it's usually some other custom file or data that is missing that is associated with that you try to open (like missing lines in some 2DA file that it tries to look up or such).

It appears that file is damaged in some way, other files open fine. I am building a utility to fix it now.

Thanks for your help.
Page: 1 of 1