Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Appearance 2da Question

Page: 1 of 1
 lynned_04
10-11-2009, 10:23 AM
This might seem like a stupid question, but I've searched for an hour and am no closer to the answer.

Which model/tex columns in the appearance.2da are not used in KotOR, which ones are TSL-specific that KotOR doesn't use?

I think I have a pretty good idea (like i don't think the modell/texl - dancer's outfit model - is used by KotOR), but I wanted to be absolutely sure that I wouldn't be overwriting a model that is actually being used by the game.
 jonathan7
10-11-2009, 10:28 AM
This might seem like a stupid question, but I've searched for an hour and am no closer to the answer.

Which model/tex columns in the appearance.2da are not used in KotOR, which ones are TSL-specific that KotOR doesn't use?

I think I have a pretty good idea (like i don't think the modell/texl - dancer's outfit model - is used by KotOR), but I wanted to be absolutely sure that I wouldn't be overwriting a model that is actually being used by the game.

All the columns are used in game, just by different models and textures; the only column not used at all in TSL is Revan's Robes, so you could replace that otherwise, you have to choose colums you want to replace.
 lynned_04
10-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Sorry if the way I worded the question was confusing (my english is terrible :) ), but I was asking about which ones the first Kotor doesn't use.
 jonathan7
10-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Sorry if the way I worded the question was confusing (my english is terrible :) ), but I was asking about which ones the first Kotor doesn't use.

Ah, no worries. The Jedi Robes (Padawan, Knight and Master) and the Jal Shey armour are the major differences; IIRC the others are all in KotOR.

It's quite a while since I had a look at the appearance .2da, I did the ones for Force Fashion II around 12 months ago. IIRC textures "I", "M" and "N" are the Jedi Robes. I think H is the Jal Shey.
 lynned_04
10-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Thanks a lot, jonathan7. Once again, your quick replies have been most helpful. :thmbup1:
 jonathan7
10-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Thanks a lot, jonathan7. Once again, your quick replies have been most helpful. :thmbup1:

No worries, here is a guide to the appearance.2da by Stoffe, although the codes are for KotOR 1, I'm sure you will find it useful in working out what the models and textures are :) - Click Me! (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=148638)
Page: 1 of 1