Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Flickering Lightsaber Blades

Page: 1 of 1
 Mono_Giganto
10-05-2009, 9:49 PM
Hey everyone. :)

I've finally gotten a new copy of TSL and this is something I whipped up for myself while enjoying my first playthrough in forever. Basically, this animates the lightsaber blades to flicker. It also fixes some brightness-related errors in some of the new colors Obsidian introduced, primarily with the silver color looking like a collection of planes.

I haven't tested these in K1, but I can't see any reason why they wouldn't work in either game.

Specifics can be found in the readme.

Get it at KotOR Files (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Flickering_Lightsaber_Blades;104551).

Enjoy!
 jonathan7
10-05-2009, 9:57 PM
Excellent Work;

I shall just quote from my review of your mod at K-Files for the benefit of thread viewers...

It's always nice when veteran modders return to the scene, so I'm very excited to review a new mod by my fellow staffer Mono_Giganto. To be frank the default saber's appearance sucked, and having just got a hold of some brand new game discs and starting this his game the author was immediately bothered by the lightsabers. So like any good modder does he has moved to fix this, so basically what this mod does is jazz that up! The lightsabers now pulse when they are activated, much like the lightsabers do in the original trilogy.

The mod is very well done and the Mono has also edited the textures which look much improved, the colours are now much more vibrant. The colours are also much more consistent as Mono has fixed the yellow lightsaber to actually being yellow opposed to the gold colour that it appears normally in game. I confess that I like these flickering lightsaber blades so much that they have earned themselves a permanent place in my Override. An added bonus with these textures is they should be compatible with lightsaber mods such as the Ultimate Lightsaber Mod and Oldflash's Hilts (I know it's definitely compatible with the latter as when I tested it, I also had that installed). Should you wish to tweak your lightsabers Mono has included a detailed readme of how he made this mod; All in all this is an excellent mod, and I recommend it highly.
 Queen of Night
10-06-2009, 6:10 AM
Wonderful idea. I like that.
 jrrtoken
10-06-2009, 6:30 AM
Hooray, they actually looks like the rotoscoped blades in the original trilogy. Excellent. :)
 Ogriv83
10-06-2009, 9:13 AM
These look great. Cant wait to give them a whirl. :-)
 Rinku
10-06-2009, 5:29 PM
This looks amazing :D It will be staying in my override folder for a while ;)
 Mono_Giganto
10-06-2009, 6:45 PM
Thanks for the positive feedback, folks. It's nice to finally be back into modding. :)
 Mandalore The Shadow
10-06-2009, 8:22 PM
This looks great it was a good idea
 Ogriv83
10-07-2009, 5:22 AM
This is awesome. Permanant override
 Miltiades
10-07-2009, 9:21 AM
Hooray, they actually looks like the rotoscoped blades in the original trilogy. Excellent. :) Ooh, nice. Was meaning to ask that, but you answered that for me now. :)

Will test this out when I get the chance.
Page: 1 of 1