Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

TSLPatcher TLK editing help

Page: 1 of 1
 VarsityPuppet
09-07-2009, 3:44 PM
The only thing I've ever used TSLpatcher for was editing and merging 2das and then copying gffs/skins/scripts to the override folder.

I've never used the tlk editing function. I know you can easily add new strings to the token, but how do you rig it to edit pre-existing entries, or fill in blank entries.

For instance, if I modifed a Force power description, or wanted to write a description in a blank spot (1620 for instance is a blank line), how would I set up the patcher to edit those lines?
 Star Admiral
09-11-2009, 12:07 PM
I asked stoffe about this some time ago and I believe that it isn't possible to edit an existing description. If you modify an Force power description, you'll need to add a new entry.

- Star Admiral
 VarsityPuppet
09-11-2009, 2:15 PM
Hm, that's what I thought...

Oh well, adding new lines is perfectly acceptable. I thought maybe there'd be a way to avoid adding too much more to the tlk file.
 VarsityPuppet
10-09-2009, 12:06 AM
Another question: how do I get the TSLpatcher to modify GFF files? I want to create a new row in the appearance.2da and then change the utc appearance to that new row.

My n00bity is not allowing me to figure it out though. Help?
Page: 1 of 1