Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR Weaponry Improvement Project v1.0

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord of Hunger
09-06-2009, 11:29 PM
After much time and effort, I am proud to present:

Knights of the Old Republic
TITLE: KOTOR Weaponry Improvement Project v1.0
AUTHOR: Lord of Hunger, Team Hssiss, Drunkside, and DarthParametric

--------------------------
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
--------------------------
1) Copy the files in the folders and put them in your override.
2) Play.
3) Enjoy!

If you want to uninstall, just remove the files in your override. If you don't have an override, install the most recent
patch or create a folder called "override" in the KOTOR directory. Since no .2da files were edited, installation should
be a piece of cake.

------------
DESCRIPTION
------------
Have you noticed how a lot of the weapons in the game are slightly different variations of some of the basic
weapons like the blaster pistol or the vibrosword? Not only is this somewhat repetitious, but a lot of the models are very
low poly. When Weapons of the Old Republic came along, I was very happy to see some unique weapons in the game, but I didn't
feel like it was...enough. With the party members and main characters you had these really awesome looking weapons, and then
you had all these boring generic weapons. Bioware made an awesome game, but I think that there is a lot to be improved and
this is one area.

Now since I am still learning how to mod and I mostly do storyline consulting for Team Hssiss, I essentially decided to ask
the members of the LucasForums community if they would be willing to provide me with unique models, skins, and icons for
the weapons in KOTOR that I could put together as a big improvement mod. Miraculously, some very talented modders said yes.

Due to real life obligations, progress on this mod has been delayed. However, we have produced several brilliant items. Drunkside
has created replacements for the Echani Foil, Yusanis' Brand, and Naga Sadow's Poison Blade. DarthParametric remodeled and skinned the
generic blaster rifle and generic blaster pistol. Finally, Canderis, TriggerGod, and DarthParametric teamed up to replace the generic lightsaber
models (single, double, and short) with hilts that look less like ye olde metal tubes.

This project is on-going, and when completed we hope to do the same thing for TSL, which uses a lot of the same weapons. No
.uti files were edited, so the stats remain the same. This mod is about improving the appearance of in-game weapons so that
people will be more willing to use them rather than adding really-well made weapons that sometimes disrupt the balance of the
game's difficulty.

------
ITEMS
------
Echani Foil by Drunkside
Yusanis' Brand by Drunkside
Naga Sadow's Poison Blade by Drunkside
Blaster Rifle by DarthParametric
Blaster Pistol by DarthParametric
Single-Bladed Saber by Canderis and TriggerGod
Double-Bladed Saber/"Helix" by DarthParametric, Canderis, and TriggerGod

-----------------------
BUGS AND COMPATIBILITY
-----------------------
As seen in the screenshots, the Darth Revan armor doesn't handle the hilt on single blade models correctly. To my knowledge,
this only occurs with the Darth Revan armor and the same problem exists with other weapons.

Otherwise none. The only mods that I can think of that would be incompatible with this one are those that modify the same
files.

---------
COMMENTS
---------
Suggestions? Critism? Insults? We want hear it all! PM me at Lucasforums.com or teamhssiss.proboards.com.

--------
CREDITS
--------
Drunkside, Canderis, TriggerGod, and DarthParametric, for their models and their patience.
Yatsuke, for his soon to be completed models.
Myself, for organizing this mod and for the saber icons.
The creators of WOTOR, for the inspiration.
LucasForums, for hosting this project, and the community of LucasForums, for their support.
KOTORFiles (Shem, Marius, and the rest), for supporting and expanding our community.
Fred Tetra, for the KOTOR Tool. We can never thank you enough.
LucasArts, Bioware, and Obsidian, for creating one of the most awesome game/fiction series ever.

-------------------
DISTRIBUTION NOTES
-------------------
You may use NOT use this modification (or aspects of this modification) in other mods or distribute it/them Without
my premission or that of the contributors. Contact me or the contributors if you want it.

THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE, OBSIDIAN, OR
LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & © LUCASARTS
ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.

Image Gallery: teamhssiss.webs.com/kwip.htm (http://teamhssiss.webs.com/kwip.htm)

KFiles Link: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/KOTOR_Weaponry_Improvement_Project;103817)
 Trench
09-07-2009, 1:24 AM
W00t! Congrats on the release to LOH and everyone else who worked on this mod!:D
 Rinku
09-07-2009, 10:43 AM
I am so hyped!!!

Congrats on the release to LOH and everyone else who worked on this mod!
I wouldn't say it any other way. Congrats!
 jonathan7
09-07-2009, 9:07 PM
 Lord of Hunger
09-07-2009, 9:13 PM
Thanks Jonathan7! Wow, really glad to finally KWIP available on KFiles.

Let the downloading commence. :D

For everyone's information, future versions of this mod will be released in time. The next release will include (though not limited to) a complete replacement set for the Krath weapons by Yatsookey/Yatsuke and several unique lightsaber hilts by Canderis.

Enjoy. ;)
 juansaman
09-08-2009, 4:45 AM
Good work! Glad to see this project keeps progressing. Donwloading right now. Congrats!
 SpaceAlex
09-08-2009, 6:17 PM
Something like this was definitely needed. Great work!
Page: 1 of 1