Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

ToP Act II Issue XIII - 20090814

Page: 1 of 1
 DAWUSS
08-14-2009, 8:34 PM
http://www.swtor.com/news/article/20090814_001)

Kinda interesting at the end, but that's about it...
 Hallucination
08-14-2009, 8:55 PM
I don't know whether or not to be happy that you stopped me from feeling obligated to announce this update or angry that you took an opportunity to raise my post count and therefore my ego. [/nerdrage] :P

Is that some plot movin' or am I inebriated?
 Tommycat
08-14-2009, 10:23 PM
yes.
 Kado Sunrider
08-14-2009, 11:58 PM
lol

apparently the new nickname for that wookiee bounty hunter is gogglebacca. *snicker*
 SW01
08-15-2009, 9:51 AM

Plot? I must have skipped over a page and missed it...:xp:

It's still dire. After falling behind several weeks worth, I thought to read the issues I missed.

Still have no idea what's supposed to be going on, apart from the whole big Jed/Sith war thing...
 Gurges-Ahter
08-15-2009, 10:29 AM
As usual with this webcomic, I'm going against the majority - I enjoyed it again. I think some people are too needy of immediate gratification instead of waiting for the action to unfold naturally. Plus, within the scope of what this comic is trying to accomplish, I think it's doing really well.

It's not a full-blown comic series (yet). It's a mini-teaser for the backstory behind the game.
 purifier
08-15-2009, 3:38 PM
Meh, it's alright for a webcomic. But webcomics in general, don't seem to compare to reading something like that on printed paper; with several pages stapled or bonded together. I prefer the traditional comic books myself.
 adamqd
08-15-2009, 4:43 PM
I think some people are too needy of immediate gratification instead of waiting for the action to unfold naturally.

The Comic is sub-par regardless of maturity or patience. The thing with web comics is they are fillers, "Keep em occupied while we get an update together", would it not seem more appropriate to put some action in them so they serve their purpose?.. It's hard enough to have any investment in something that brings 3 pages now and then, never mind the fact that the only thing of any consequence that has happened.. we already knew about.
 Gurges-Ahter
08-17-2009, 10:09 AM
The Comic is sub-par regardless of maturity or patience. The thing with web comics is they are fillers, "Keep em occupied while we get an update together", would it not seem more appropriate to put some action in them so they serve their purpose?.. It's hard enough to have any investment in something that brings 3 pages now and then, never mind the fact that the only thing of any consequence that has happened.. we already knew about.

I understand your perspective, but personally I'd rather have the action unfold during the game, not during the teaser webcomic prior to the game's release. As for the webcomic I only hope to learn little bits of the background on the story and the characters.
Page: 1 of 1