Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

TaintPool

Page: 1 of 1
 VarsityPuppet
07-29-2009, 4:48 PM
After a few weeks of vacationing and experimenting, I've added scripting and module editing to my list of abilities. Scripting is really the backbone of modding, and as such it is quite hard to accomplish some mods if you don't know how to do it.

So, after some time of inactivity, I bring you...

TAINTPOOL
Featuring the new item property, Alignment Shift!

UPDATED LINK: Download it Here (http://h.imagehost.org/download/0775/vp_taintpoolfix) for now.

Everything should work as planned now... and the robes will taint you much faster now. 1 point every 10 seconds I think?

This mod adds two new robes in-game, and a nice little non-journal sidequest on how to get them.

NOTE: There aren't really any hints telling you what to do, but if you explore enough and pay attention, it should all fall into place.
Also, since this mod includes some module editing, this will likely only work with a fresh game, or if you haven't left Telos yet.

The White Jedi Robes
http://a.imagehost.org/0705/WhiteR1.jpg)

and the Tainted Jedi Robes.
http://a.imagehost.org/0625/Tainted3.jpg)

I don't want to go into it the mod too much, but let's just say that this is only the beginning of something greater.

Thanks to gsusfrk and yawon who helped me with some beginning scripts.

The ReadMe is in the file, but I think you all know the basics.

Feel free to comment.
 Trench
07-29-2009, 4:54 PM
Kandosii! Great job VP.:D
 Demongo
07-30-2009, 2:38 AM
That Tainted Jedi Robe looks a little weird but I like the white:thmbup1:
 VarsityPuppet
07-30-2009, 9:37 AM
Yeah, the tainted robes originally were supposed to be less brown and more white. Perhaps I need to change this?
 Demongo
07-30-2009, 9:56 AM
Yeah, the tainted robes originally were supposed to be less brown and more white. Perhaps I need to change this?

Wel it would be better and every mod needs a 1.1 version at least:D
 VarsityPuppet
07-30-2009, 2:51 PM
Wel it would be better and every mod needs a 1.1 version at least:D

Speaking of which, it seems that the k_ai_master.ncs is causing my game to freeze upon loading up the 001EBO module. COuld be just an xbox thing, but overall, I'm not sure what exactly is wrong. Once I fix it, that'll probably be the next version.
 R2-X2
07-30-2009, 5:39 PM
The 001EBO is the prologue Ebon Hawk, what sometimes causes problems on my computer, but I don't know about xbox and mdule crashes. If you want to get to the normal Ebon Hawk in the game, use 003EBO.
 VarsityPuppet
07-30-2009, 7:56 PM
The 001EBO is the prologue Ebon Hawk, what sometimes causes problems on my computer, but I don't know about xbox and mdule crashes. If you want to get to the normal Ebon Hawk in the game, use 003EBO.

Exactly my point. It won't load the prologue.. which means you can't start a new game! Shoot! Just another reason not to download.

I hate this! It works everywhere else... why does it have to be stupid and not work there!

Hang tight folks... a fix is coming. In the meantime... just take it out to start a new game, and then put it back in after the prologue. You could also just take it out completely.

At least there weren't any viruses in the archive this time :P
 Master Shake
07-30-2009, 8:56 PM
At least there weren't any viruses in the archive this time :P
Progress.
 VarsityPuppet
07-31-2009, 12:35 AM
Progress.

Speaking of which, I fixed the aforementioned problem. For some reason, adding the function to the bottom of the script fixed it. Who knew?

Fixes:

-Linked vp_sftcode_prop.ncs to the k_ai_master.ncs... didn't really need to, but I did.

-Apparently there was something screwy with the modules. I probably packed them wrong. No .mod files anymore... just put it all in your override.
 Darth InSidious
08-01-2009, 12:11 AM
KotORFiles link (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/TaintPool_Robes;101863)

One thing I didn't say in the review but is worth mentioning for future reference is that it is customary to include your source scripts in a separate folder with the mod. :)
 VarsityPuppet
08-01-2009, 12:42 PM
KotORFiles link (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/TaintPool_Robes;101863)

One thing I didn't say in the review but is worth mentioning for future reference is that it is customary to include your source scripts in a separate folder with the mod. :)

Ah yes.. I knew I was missing something. I was going to include the source code, but it's always being modified (I am a busy man). By the time I would have released it, there would have been numerous changes that weren't necessary for the execution of the mod.

At any rate, I plan to make additional fixes, as well as add more items to be tainted. Also, there will likely be an explanation behind the Jedi with the White Robes on Dantooine. However, since I have so many ideas that are inevitably intertwined, it's going to be hard to divide them up so as to be able to release them as separate mods.

Well, it's back to the labs
Page: 1 of 1