Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi-Too weak against Bounty Hunters?

Page: 1 of 1
 JediMasterEd
10-12-2001, 8:58 AM
What do you think? I played an on-line game and I creamed 15 Siths with 5 Bounty Hunters when it takes about 20 Troopers/Fighters to take just 1 down.
 Tie Guy
10-12-2001, 3:03 PM
Thats part of the game, if the enemy has bounty hunters, don't send a ton of Sith against them.

The balance is fine.
 Ki-Adi-Mundi
10-12-2001, 3:17 PM
Well i think its okno one should send a straight jedi force any way thats asking for them to die in the first place. Send some anti personal mechs withem at least for those pesky bounty hunters.
 Mad_Dog
10-12-2001, 3:39 PM
yea and i lost a bounty hunter to 3 jedi while not killing 1. and just send a strike mech and a destroyer mech if you want to. (destroyer is for killing other strike mechs)
 Luke Skywalker
10-12-2001, 4:53 PM
How many times do I have to say this. The game balance is fine, thats why its called balance, BECAUSE ITS BALANCED. Now stop your whinning. :mad:
 Paladin
10-12-2001, 5:21 PM
The jedi have to be weak against something. If they were strong v.s. all ground units they would be way too good.:rolleyes:
 Luke Skywalker
10-12-2001, 5:27 PM
Originally posted by Paladin
The jedi have to be weak against something. If they were strong v.s. all ground units they would be way too good.:rolleyes:

My point exactlly paladin. Thanks for saying that. :)
 ImpStarII
10-12-2001, 5:30 PM
I agree that Jedi have to weak against something, but if you bring some support for you're jedi maybe they will survive, don't ya think. Just take some mounted units.

From the Star Destroyer Sly

ImpStarII :vsd: :tie:
:tie: :tie:
 Emowilli
10-12-2001, 7:24 PM
The game needs an anti jedi unit, but I do think Bounty's are too strong. They are so strong that the game really needs a Bounty counter unit. You can make an army of nothing but Bounty's, an anti air unit, and a couple pummels and be close to unstopable.

Emo
 Eets
10-12-2001, 8:05 PM
Well, bounty hunters are weak when it comes to HP, but they are way too powerful against the jedi. It's just not right, I mean in the movies a Jedi can deflect all sorts of blaster shots, but in GB he gets killed by one lucky shot from a bounty hunter.
 Compa_Mighty
10-13-2001, 1:25 AM
I think Jedi are alright. It's all about balance. Take it from AoK.

Paladins were weak against halbs, but pretty strong against almost everything else. And halbs, weren't good against anything else.
 cossack1812
10-13-2001, 9:16 AM
Here's a strategy, load up all your jedi/sith into your tanks, then go attack.
When you get to the enemy, if they got BHs waste em with your tanks, then pop out your jedi, and if he has more BHs, then keep your jedis in your tank.

Simple and easy
Untill they attack u with air, but thats another story
 Luke Skywalker
10-13-2001, 10:29 AM
What are ATATs weak against, air? Im just assuming that.
 Mad_Dog
10-13-2001, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Emowilli
The game needs an anti jedi unit, but I do think Bounty's are too strong. They are so strong that the game really needs a Bounty counter unit. You can make an army of nothing but Bounty's, an anti air unit, and a couple pummels and be close to unstopable.

Emo

um ever head of strike mechs?
 JediMasterEd
10-13-2001, 1:39 PM
Emowilli has a point there. The Bounty Hunters are WAY too strong. All you need is about 30 of them and send them to the base with the help with Mech Destroyers and Pummels/Artillary and there goes the problem witht the enemy. But the Jedi do get upgrades later in the game though to make them stronger.
 Master Yoda
10-13-2001, 9:54 PM
ATATs get hosed by Snowspeeders if your playing as the Rebels. I think they should have made the bounty hunters slightly weaker against jedi and alot weaker against other ground troops, and they needed to make the air units WAY stronger. Other than that the game is perfectly balanced IMO.
 ESE_SithEmperor
10-14-2001, 12:18 AM
Ok well the Bounty Hunters dont have much upgrades left so right now Bounty hunters are almost better than Jedi/Sith But the sith and jedi still have what like 5-6 more upgrades then they will be more balanced.

Just wait until the full version comes out
 Eets
10-14-2001, 8:48 AM
Good point... The Sith Master could always try and convert the BH while another unit is drawing the BH's fire...
 LordQuiGonJinn
10-14-2001, 11:49 AM
some of you guys are insane, BH should be a bit weaker, or at least have a Jedi Master or Knight be alittle more effective against them, i mean come on, the Master is suppose to be the most powerful in the universe and i think bombers need to be slightly more powerful, i mean afterall they are bombers and just alittle thing, isnt the Tie Fighters blasters suppose to be Green? I could have sworn it was red like the rebels.
 Zygomaticus
10-14-2001, 12:26 PM
the difference in attack strenght for bounty hunter is 6+
but the jedi's hitpoints are only 25+
bounty hunters attack 15 ht pts 175
jedi attack 9 ht pts 200
 WC_heavyarms
10-14-2001, 2:04 PM
Originally posted by YH_JediMasterEd C
What do you think? I played an on-line game and I creamed 15 Siths with 5 Bounty Hunters when it takes about 20 Troopers/Fighters to take just 1 down.

Easy way to solve it: AIR UNITS!!! Or, just charge them with some artillery or towers. Come on, Sith/Jedi have TWO Weaknesses, air units and bounty hunters. So let it go at that.
 ESE_SithEmperor
10-14-2001, 2:24 PM
Laser fire
 Maul403
10-14-2001, 6:28 PM
bounty hunters are meant to kill jedi/sith fast...thats what they are for in the game

and about blocking laser fire...they already have a TON of pierce armor making them really hard to kill with regular units lasers
 Galactic WARior
10-14-2001, 6:39 PM
Originally posted by LordQuiGonJinn
some of you guys are insane, BH should be a bit weaker, or at least have a Jedi Master or Knight be alittle more effective against them, i mean come on, the Master is suppose to be the most powerful in the universe and i think bombers need to be slightly more powerful, i mean afterall they are bombers and just alittle thing, isnt the Tie Fighters blasters suppose to be Green? I could have sworn it was red like the rebels.

ok Bounty Hunters are fine, Itz not a matter of reality its the matter of Balancing. I agree with the Bombers. Also the blasts from Ties are Green/I think some1 got lazy on the developers team or something.

:fett: =ok
:evanpiel: :emperor: :vadar:=ok
 dlayers
10-14-2001, 6:48 PM
Bounty Hunters are fine.

As someone mentioned earlier, there are TONS more upgrades to Jedi.

They can still be upgraded to Masters AND they have several more upgrades on top of that to come.

Remember, you don't have the full game just yet :)
:fett:
 ESE_SithEmperor
10-14-2001, 8:24 PM
True they do have allot more upgrades and bounty hunters only have one more or none.

But the jedi/Sith need to be able to block Laser fire its just not right lol.
 JEDI_MASTA
10-14-2001, 8:45 PM
guys here is an idea for youLEARN THE GAME LEARN IT WELL DONT COMPLAIN FIND A WAY TO KILL WHAT UR COMPLAINGING BOUT :rolleyes:
 ESE_SithEmperor
10-14-2001, 10:06 PM
I already found away lol On well when you Editor patch Ill just simply change the stats :D :D :D :D
 EMPIRESPLAYER
10-15-2001, 5:51 PM
i dunno where ur tie fighters r from jinn but they aint this empires......the blasters shot has always been green.....its always been diferent.....ok...?

as for bounty hunters.......i use em alot so i has no probs...
 TieDefender75
10-16-2001, 10:44 AM
Wait people wait! Hear me out
*cant speak over arguing*
*suddenly someone throws a glass bottle at me and i duck*
ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrr
LISTEN, in return of the jedi, i seem to remember a friendly well-known jedi cut boba fett's blaster in half and humiliate him!
 Darth_Venage
10-16-2001, 5:10 PM
Bounty hunters are fine the way they are.

bring in some counters against the BH if you are having problems with defeating them. That's what I liek about this game, no 1 unit rules everything. If it did, this game would turn out to be REALLY bad. Jedi have counters, BHs have counters, AT-ATs have counters, and it all works out fine. Quit complaining.
 ESE_SithEmperor
10-16-2001, 5:38 PM
Ill just change it like it said :D :D :D
 hannibalscipio
10-17-2001, 5:11 PM
The TIE blasters were green, and the Rebel's red.

Kinda funny, cuz the Light sabers were green, and the Dark sabers were red. Wierd.

:saberg:

:saberr:

:duel:
Page: 1 of 1