Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

HandMaiden Restoration Mod: Fight her sisters

Page: 1 of 1
 WRFan
07-14-2009, 8:34 AM
Originally you were supposed to defeat Handmaiden's sisters in the Jedi Academy on Telos at the end of the game (when you visit the academy for the second time). But Obsidian ran out of time (thank you very much, LucasArts!) and so the sisters just drop dead automatically, you don't get to fight them. This mod restores the following cut or broken content:

- All cut conversation nodes in the conversation between Atris and Kreia

- HandMaiden meditates about incapacatation combat techniques prior to her fight with her sisters

- Atris comments on HandMaiden's choices relating to sister combat

- HandMaiden Fight with her sisters

- Inactive dialog nodes in the conversation between Atris and the Exile in the meditation chamber (not triggered due to a bug in the conversation script).

The fight between the HandMaiden and her sisters follows the original Obsidian instructions. There are two ways to win the fight. You will be told what to do prior to the fight, but I am going to explain it here as well:

1) Kill all sisters (dark side shift)

2) Incapacitate all sisters to win the fight (light side shift). It's up to you to determine how to incapacitate them. Many techniques are possible:

Mind Trick, Insanity, Stasis Field, Choke, Kill, Critical Strike with a Melee weapon etc.

It only matters that ALL sisters are incapacitated at the same time. As long as any of them are not incapacitated, the fight will continue.

3) Deal enough damage to all the sisters to automatically stun them (reduce them to 1/3 of their hit points)

If you kill any of the sisters, a peaceful resolution is NOT possible any more! You can't kill one of them and then incapacitate the others and expect to win the fight. Either kill all of them, or let them all live, there's nothing in between.

Download the mod here and extract into the Override directory:

http://home.arcor.de/wrfan/files/kotor/HandMaiden_Restoration_Mod.zip)

Here are a couple of screenshots to give you a general idea:

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr40/WRFan/instructions.jpg)
http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr40/WRFan/damage.jpg)
http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr40/WRFan/result.jpg)
 VarsityPuppet
07-14-2009, 8:56 AM
yes....
YES....
YES!

Restored content! Must.... download!

lol, I'm not just an RC zombie... I do like the part where you have to either incapacitate or kill the sisters. Adds a nice challenge to the game.

I should go on a restored content download spree. This is the first addition.

Zoop! download!
 Trench
07-15-2009, 5:55 AM
Sweet! :bow:Downloaded!:D
 Darth Cryptic
07-15-2009, 9:40 AM
WRFan, I get the feeling when i get to that point in the game, I'll be cursing your name. Despite that, great bit of restored.

Edit: -head shake- Well my prediction was right, two run-throughs against the sisters, and while I can get three out of the five stunned/insane the last two keep killing me. Which annoys me cause i geared Bri to deal with that. Gave her all the incapacitating force powers, even gave her a stun stick as back up.

Edit 2: I have one tiny suggestion/question on how to tweak it:
Can you some how remove the Atris kills Handmaiden game ends bit?
 Endorenna
08-03-2009, 8:29 PM
Yes, a content mod. :xp: This part and the Korriban/Vash part were the things I've wanted to play. :)

Thanks!
 purifier
08-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Good job WRFan, I am thoroughly enjoying the restored content.

Thaannk Yoouuu!

*talks to computer screen while fighting handmaidens*
You must be joking...you think you can take on meee! - Ha! Ha! Haaaa!
 Master Shake
08-04-2009, 12:01 AM
Ooooh!

Yummy restored content.
 Demongo
08-04-2009, 4:37 AM
Nice! That fight was missing from my life:xp:
 Darth_Yuthura
08-06-2009, 8:22 PM
Great Mod. Very good piece of the restoration.
 bacon_fanatic
08-06-2009, 10:48 PM
YES!!!!! Thank you for making this mod!
 Darth_Yuthura
08-07-2009, 4:07 PM
Wait I finally got it where she incapacitated the sisters, but now the screen just goes black and doesn't resume. I assume this is the 'bug in the conversation script' Was this ever overcome?
 DarthParametric
09-17-2009, 9:18 AM
Just went to install this to try it out and I noticed there is a conflict with the Ultimate Saber Mod in the form of kreatris.dlg. You might want to consider including a USM compatible version of the file, given how popular that mod is.
 GeorgNihilus
10-12-2009, 6:46 PM
Edit: -head shake- Well my prediction was right, two run-throughs against the sisters, and while I can get three out of the five stunned/insane the last two keep killing me. Which annoys me cause i geared Bri to deal with that. Gave her all the incapacitating force powers, even gave her a stun stick as back up.

yeah they're really hard to kill :raise: unless you use some of those awesome HIGH LEVEL Force powers of mod V2.1, like force sleep or so.

Edit 2: I have one tiny suggestion/question on how to tweak it:
Can you somehow remove the Atris kills Handmaiden game ends bit?

actually I don't think Handmaiden can (should?) beat Atris, is that possible? if I'm right script a_sisend.ncs needs changes to make Handmaiden unkillable, a "SetMinOneHP(GetPartyLeader(), 1);" command needs to be added to this script otherwise it's impossible to go on playing ... should be added before the line that starts with: DelayCommand(4.0, AssignCommand(oLeader, ActionStartConversation(oLeader, "Atrend1", 0, 0, ... etc.
 maltron66
07-05-2013, 9:07 AM
Is it compatible with TSLRCM?
 Sith Holocron
07-05-2013, 9:25 AM
I highly doubt it.
 Hassat Hunter
07-06-2013, 4:47 AM
Obviously not...
Page: 1 of 1